Calendars...What one do you use?

Tdc02

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Sunrise and love it. It is simple and you can pick all kinds of stuff for it to display such as holidays. It integrates well with other calenders such as exchange, google, yahoo, and icloud. It's also cross platform and will sync across multiple devices. Best of all it's free.

Agree and also you can use is on your desktop. I use it because it sync up nice with my macbook.

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Use Cozi calendar. One heck of a free calendar. Have been using it for a couple of years and serves my purposes remarkably well.

saiyyasuka pon

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I use JORTE. Best customize calendar out there...u can change layout, it visibility and it color.. easy to use.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-14-10-17-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-14-10-17-09.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 190

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I love the new Material Design Google calendar, but I also love business calendar Pro by appgenix. I don't hate samsungs calendar, I just prefer the others.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I love the new Material Design Google calendar, but I also love business calendar Pro by appgenix. I don't hate samsungs calendar, I just prefer the others.
+1 on the new Google calendar. The new material design makeover looks great. I prefer that calendar over any other option.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Let me first say that I am not new to Android, but am new to the Samsung line...and loving my Note4.

I've been content with the stock calendar app, but after seeing this it got me wondering if there isn't more that I could be getting out of the calendar. I'm a business user, and we recently migrated from Exchange to Office 365. Is it possible with any of these calendars, to see other calendars that are shared to you in the Office 365 environment? I've got 5 account managers that work for me and I can see their calendars in Outlook, but just wondering if any of these calendars support me being able to see them on my phone?

Also, I use Google Calendar for personal things, and really how the stock calendar overlays them and color codes them so I can easily tell which calendar a certain registry is in. I'm guessing these all work that same way?

Would someone (for example, a Business Calendar Pro user) please mind telling me what additional features or functionality you enjoy over the stock calendar app? The only real complaint I've had thus far is the lack of options when it comes to meeting requests/invites. I'd love the ability to view in calendar and then propose a new meeting time.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Because of YOU people I finally got around to getting Business Calendar Pro after years of saying I didn't need it. Yeah, it's pretty much what I've needed for a while.

I'm in the same boat. I didn't really know what I was missing until I installed Business Calendar Pro. Now I'll be playing around with customizing for a few days.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I didn't really know what I was missing until I installed Business Calendar Pro. Now I'll be playing around with customizing for a few days.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

Me too. Buisness calendar pro is packed with options. Import/export, templates and soo many options. I gotta figure this all out. Don't forget the task add-on. That's nifty too. Where's Bosbouer when you need him? Lol

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Google calender stopped working on my Note 3 A few months ago. I used Calengoo instead. Liked it so much I use it on the Note 4. Fonts and sizes. Lots of custom settings but the default set up is fine except I needed to set a bigger font.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was motivated by this thread to try a couple. Hey, you never know when you find new things you missed.

I stayed with what I have. Resizeable Cal Widget (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....eggenstein.android.calwidget2&token=_zXrxEWq) has the advantage of being free and the home screen widget does the same things for me, I think, that Business Cal Pro does for $5. I like BCP.....I just don't see any incentive to change. Of course, RCW only syncs with Google. I believe Jorte at least has its own functionality. I've also used Jorte before--again, good app. Don't see much incentive to change. I like going to Google's interface with a tap.

(I use a separate app for tasks widget)

Overall, I think there is a lot of good stuff in the marketplace. If what I'm using stopped working, there are many good alternatives. There's no point going crazy over it, though. I've obsessed over these things before. :)

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Would someone (for example, a Business Calendar Pro user) please mind telling me what additional features or functionality you enjoy over the stock calendar app? The only real complaint I've had thus far is the lack of options when it comes to meeting requests/invites. I'd love the ability to view in calendar and then propose a new meeting time.

BC whether pro or stock has excellent scheduling options. Pro adds widgets. And yes from any view date you can propose a schedule. Reminders can be anything from on time to 12 hrs ahead backup is to BC server by default and if you use you G-Mail that can also be used. Try the free version, they manage adds quite well. Then decide on going Pro.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
@ Rictor, Not for the signature app icon, but you can put a single day widget instead. A single tap will open your selected view, month, week, day or agenda

@monseiurms, task are included and selectable as a main view just as is agenda.

Last edited:

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
@ Rictor, Not for the signature app icon, but you can put a single day widget instead. A single tap will open your selected view, month, week, day or agenda

@monseiurms, task are included and selectable as a main view just as is agenda.

Hey...templates... any tip for templates and uses?

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Tjis may be a stupid calendar question, But is there an app that changes the date on the actual icon not on an actual widget

A+calendar has a one by one widget that used to do that. I'll have to check because they redesigned a bunch of things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11