note 4 faster than nexus 6 !!

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Phonebuff on youtube made a video of the note 4 vs the nexus 6 and iphone 6. In the app opening test the note 4 came out on top in opening apps the fastest compared to the iphone 6 and even the stock android nexus 6.

Posted via my powerhouse of a note 4 ;)

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
At the end the nexus 6 was still faster than the note 4 albeit with just under 2 seconds. If the note 4 with TW can hold its own against vanilla android then am gamed. I love this phone and TW is much better than what I have in SGS4.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
At the end the nexus 6 was still faster than the note 4 albeit with just under 2 seconds. If the note 4 with TW can hold its own against vanilla android then am gamed. I love this phone and TW is much better than what I have in SGS4.

I don't always want to have the fastest phone even tho I would like that. I need to find a balance between speed, design and batterylife. Iphone 6 beats both other phones in SOT ( did own a ip6 before the note 4 ) my iPhone 6 could get 10h SOT, the nexus 6 and the note 4 can get around 4-6h. This actually kinda worries me, since I don't want to stress out (like I do) when I see my battery hit 60% at the half of the day since I play even more with my phone at the evenings😉

Posted via the Android Central App

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't always want to have the fastest phone even tho I would like that. I need to find a balance between speed, design and batterylife. Iphone 6 beats both other phones in SOT ( did own a ip6 before the note 4 ) my iPhone 6 could get 10h SOT, the nexus 6 and the note 4 can get around 4-6h. This actually kinda worries me, since I don't want to stress out (like I do) when I see my battery hit 60% at the half of the day since I play even more with my phone at the evenings😉

Don't know about you but I get 6-7 hours SOT on my note 4. That's plenty enough for me.
Comparing the 2k screen of the note 4 to an iPhone 1080P not to forget the screen size difference. Am plenty satisfied and it's a no brainer for me who the real winner is. Just my opinion though.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 6 has 720P lol! But also a way smaller battery! 6-7h sot, than you have to run the battery totally flat! I've disabled so many samsung apps to safe some battery and in my last 7 days I had 6h sot just 1 time. Had to be on wifi the whole day... I know the 2k resolution eats up battery, was the same on my G3 even tho I got 7h sot there.. I wish this phone was a bit more power friendly, but that's also duo to TW.

Ps. How do you have your brightness ?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I dont really care if it was faster by 2 seconds at the end because the note 4 killed the nexus 6 at app opening speed. It just touchwiz that isnt resource friendly which made it reload apps furing the multitasking part compared to the nexus 6 which had a ton of free memory left so therefore it didnt have to reload apps. Day to day usage the note 4 is faster than the nexus 6 which i am happy about

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

How are you determining SOT on the iPhone 6? IPhones by default don't show SOT. They do show usage which is whenever the cpu is used, regardless of whether the screen is on or off. In my usage, the 6 plus got about 10-20% better SOT. the 6 is supposed to get less battery life than 6 plus so I just find it questionable that you are getting a huge amount more SOT on the 6 over the Nexus 6 and Note 4.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
They did show SOT. Been looking on that every day since I do this with every phone

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
IMO, I believe battery on the 6 plus should be better than note 4 due to the screen and iOS and lack of customization. Note 4 you can do so much more and the quad HD screen kills battery faster.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't always want to have the fastest phone even tho I would like that. I need to find a balance between speed, design and batterylife. Iphone 6 beats both other phones in SOT ( did own a ip6 before the note 4 ) my iPhone 6 could get 10h SOT, the nexus 6 and the note 4 can get around 4-6h. This actually kinda worries me, since I don't want to stress out (like I do) when I see my battery hit 60% at the half of the day since I play even more with my phone at the evenings

Just FYI if you're getting the SOT for iPhone from the usage part of the battery screen that is not SOT. iPhone doesn't natively show SOT like Android.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
It shows your screen usage just like on android😉

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-15-01-17-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-15-01-17-33.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 166

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It shows your screen usage just like on android

Usage for iOS does not mean SOT is what I meant ... Usage can be the phone being idle and updating or receiving push. It is NOT screen on time. Either is Androids really .. Androids you have to tap screen to see the time. The usage can vary due to background tasks.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It shows your screen usage just like on android😉

Per apple:

" View Usage to see the amount of time your iOS device has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The device is awake if you’re on a call, using apps, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving email, or if an app refreshes in the background. View Standby to see the amount of time the device has been turned on since its last full charge, including the time the device has been asleep."

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201264

This is in line with what I saw when using the iPhone 6 plus. I had 12 hours usage but actual SOT was definitely less

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you want to test use the phone for one hour straight and see how much the phone dropped during that time. It might be 10%,but it might also be more.

Doing that test on the 6 plus used 12% ;note 4 14%. Both doing similar tasks,email Tapatalk, chrome, hangouts

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about you but I get 6-7 hours SOT on my note 4. That's plenty enough for me.
Comparing the 2k screen of the note 4 to an iPhone 1080P not to forget the screen size difference. Am plenty satisfied and it's a no brainer for me who the real winner is. Just my opinion though.

Edit... Thanks Makie for the correction on iPhone 6 resolution.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I dont really care if it was faster by 2 seconds at the end because the note 4 killed the nexus 6 at app opening speed. It just touchwiz that isnt resource friendly which made it reload apps furing the multitasking part compared to the nexus 6 which had a ton of free memory left so therefore it didnt have to reload apps. Day to day usage the note 4 is faster than the nexus 6 which i am happy about

How many times are you going to experience the app opening speed unless you constantly restart your device. Sure my Note 4 may open apps faster but for my most frequently used apps my Nexus 6 smoothly transitions from one app to the next while on my Note it will lag when I go to the recent app menu, then stall before I go to the next app. At times I won't even be able to go where I left off since TouchWiz will boot some of my apps off the RAM since it's almost always near the max while my Nexus barely uses 1-1.5GB of RAM(including system apps). It will have to reopen the app and I have to find where I left off again. There is lag on the Nexus 6 but it rarely happens while I find it to be frequent on the Note 4.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Per apple:

" View Usage to see the amount of time your iOS device has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The device is awake if you’re on a call, using apps, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving email, or if an app refreshes in the background. View Standby to see the amount of time the device has been turned on since its last full charge, including the time the device has been asleep."

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201264

This is in line with what I saw when using the iPhone 6 plus. I had 12 hours usage but actual SOT was definitely less

When you go to battery usage there is an option called "screen" like on android, there you will see the exact time😉

trippymanni

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Phonebuff on youtube made a video of the note 4 vs the nexus 6 and iphone 6. In the app opening test the note 4 came out on top in opening apps the fastest compared to the iphone 6 and even the stock android nexus 6.

I was wondering if you had Edge or the original note 4. I believe the Edge version is slightly slower?

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
When you go to battery usage there is an option called "screen" like on android, there you will see the exact time??????

Could you post a screenshot of that "Screen" of the SOT on iOS 8? All I see is usage. I would really like to see the SOT like you do on Android when you select "Screen."