What does Lollipop have for us?

pmccartney

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been a Note 4 owner for 3 weeks and probably already know more than I need too about it. I'm generally impressed with it.
An area in which I am still very green is with regard to updates.
What will we have to look forward to in January? i.e, what new FEATURES will Lollipop bring to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 table, that it doesn't already have via TW and some of the other baked in goodies?

Cheers

Edit . ..what new features

Last edited:

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I hope for a cleaner look, less bloat, battery friendly and a overall more polished ui.

Posted via the Android Central App

pmccartney

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I realize that there will always be bad with the good but the intent of the thread was to find out what good new features the update will bring us, on the Note 4, that we don't have now. My battery easily gets me through the day and I simply disabled most of the bloat and hide other stuff I find useless to me.

rdroyer

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you, I'm really curious what they have in store for us with Lollipop. As with a new phone, you really don't understand all of it until you spend a lot of time on it. I have a feeling that'll be the same case for the new OS.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Got it on my Nexus 7. Didn't really see a performance improvement with ART - and a couple of apps still don't work under it. Other than some cosmetic changes, I do look forward to the re-enabling of SD card writing on the Note 4 (not an issue on the N7 as it has no external card). Initial rollout for the N7 was rocky with users having lots of problems. A newer 5.0.1 release appeared to address most of those.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping we will see RAW format photos. Also maybe a faster recent apps window.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
From the preview video, it doesn't look like much will change from the look and feel compared to what we currently have. I think kit Kat on the note 4 with TW already look like lollipop. What am saying is that there won't be any whao effect once TW is on it.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have Lollipop on my Nexus 4 and don't care for it. IMO material design is just going to mean more battery drain on amoled displays, I like dark/black themes myself.

Preview videos I've seen thus far don't show anything of interest to me either, and since I'm currently using rooted devices as it is with Xposed Framework I care not to switch to ART nor do I need to fix external SD card permissions so . . . I could care less if Lollipop is coming. Of course that could change if some new and exciting advancement appears.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
looking forward to the 5.0 update. If the video above is anything to go by, then I can't wait for the new dialler / messaging apps change. I currently use Google Messenger, but might switch back if Lollipop brings a new design in for the stock app.

Also the video shows the S Planner app has a changed look, which is good, I'm not a fan of the current version.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know what the new lock screen notifications will look like? do you think they will be interactive from the lock screen? i.e. able to swipe them away or physically click on them from the lock screen and take you to the message etc?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know what the new lock screen notifications will look like? do you think they will be interactive from the lock screen? i.e. able to swipe them away or physically click on them from the lock screen and take you to the message etc?

Stop skiving & Get back to work lol

I would imagine the lock screen will be universal and this will allow you to interact from the lock screen. However this at best is a guess lol

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Stop skiving & Get back to work lol

I would imagine the lock screen will be universal and this will allow you to interact from the lock screen. However this at best is a guess lol

Haha!! Everyone always thinks I'm responding to email queries, when in fact I'm on the forums typing away :) Thanks for the educated guess though and if that's the case I'm even more excited for 5.0 now lol

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Based on what I've seen so far, not much will change for Note 4 owners. Samsung doesn't appear to be on board with the material design feel that Google is putting into their apps. So the TW aspects of the phone will likely not change too much from what we're already used to.

But maybe that's what Samsung is working on, and we'll see a completely different feel to TW.

If it won't let us change to dark themes/layouts like most third party apps do, however, I'll just keep using those instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar