What does Lollipop have for us?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's the biggest "feature" to have again. Google where idiots to disable editing on SD cards.

It was a stop-gap... Security on the external card was a nightmare. It was basically an open book. Because of the way the external sd stuff was implemented anyone and everyone had full access to everything on that card. Rather than leave it wide open, they extended the security model of the /data area into the external card while they developed a method (which is a bit of a pain in the **** since the external cards don't use the native file system)... This, of course, compartmentalized things and reduced its usefulness.

It was either lock it down temporarily (sacrificing functionality to keep your data secure) or leave it wide open. Google choose the former.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I use about 3 to 5k minutes a month. I'm in sales and run a business. Can't text customers.

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I almost spit my coffee out on that one....plus everyone texts now...last month I had 12 minutes call time...3700 texts lol

I think we need to take a serious inventory of ourselves if we're complaining about a dialer for crying out loud. I mean I understand having high expectations with almost anything else but how high maintenance can we be complaining about THAT? Were they supposed to make the corners of the buttons more round? Were the numbers supposed to be roman numerals?

TheDarkKnight0818

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully get rid of the "feature" that when you get a text message and your phone is locked the screen turns on.. much rather have the notification light blink rather than the screen turning on

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I think we need to take a serious inventory of ourselves if we're complaining about a dialer for crying out loud. I mean I understand having high expectations with almost anything else but how high maintenance can we be complaining about THAT? Were they supposed to make the corners of the buttons more round? Were the numbers supposed to be roman numerals?

Yeah, I'm confused too. I use my contacts for 90% of my calls so I don't really even see the dialer screen very much.

Does some 3rd party dialer add functionality or is it just for looks?

Tech Addict

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully get rid of the "feature" that when you get a text message and your phone is locked the screen turns on.. much rather have the notification light blink rather than the screen turning on

I have been using Hello SMS and you can do exactly this. The fact that they don't have this option on the stock app baffles me...

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
One feature I love on my Nexus 6 is having trusted devices and places so when I'm wearing my G Watch or I'm at home, I can unlock the phone right away without going through any security checks.

Rally Android

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Noob question but what does this allow you to do

Posted via the Android Central App

I used another app for my picture gallery instead of the Galaxy stock one. When I take a picture I can save it to the SD card, but with the 3rd party picture gallery I could only view my images, but not delete them or edit them and save it on the SD card. So I HAVE to use the stock one now.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
??? dialer one has been replaced by 2GIS Dialer

It has but I still use the original. I make tons of calls, it seems minor but dialer one gives the the best functions to see recent calls and dial contacts on one screen without reaching up to hit another tab at the top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles