Is DLNA enabled/available straight out of the box or do I need to install any third party apps to get it working?

I've had a look at Nearby Devices and Quick Connect settings. Both are enabled but I can't seem to find other devices to share stuff to.

Thanks for any help.
    12-15-2014 06:09 AM
    Quick connect only work with another note 4.
    Nick_1020 likes this.
    12-15-2014 07:42 AM
    No it works with other stuff too. I used it to connect to a Viera TV yesterday and play video from Allcast app.
    Edit... And it seems to know about my cloud printer too.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-15-2014 12:09 PM
    I've managed to stream video files from my desktop WMP library to the Note 4 from the built-in Video Player app on the phone. That seems to work well although there is limited file type support. I can also see my Note 4 library files in WMP on the desktop and can view the files in WMP.

I'm struggling on sending/streaming from the phone to my desktop. When I'm in Gallery, I select the image(s) I want to stream and then go to 'Change player' but it only lists the Note 4. If I go to Share via -> Wifi Direct, it fails to show any available devices.

I've seen it suggested on the web to install Samsun Link so I've done that on the phone and desktop but as far as I can tell, that doesn't use dlna. It just seems like OneDrive and/or Dropbox.

Gonna perhaps try a dedicated dlna app from the store to see if that yields any better results.

Edit: It's working!! Rebooted pc and phone a number of times and my pc appeared in the change player menu.
    12-15-2014 12:41 PM
    Seems to work quite well. It'll see my chromecasts and TV and media centre app on an android tv stick and even lists a Bluetooth belkin audio link thingy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-16-2014 06:22 PM