Whatsapp lag / freeze. Could it be root issue?

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have problem with my note 4 and whatsapp. Whenever someone send me videos the app start to lag and freeze until the videos are downloaded. I tried everything I know from clearing catch to reinstalling whatsapp and none of these steps worked. I thought its from whatsapp it self but my wife Z1 Sony works fine. I thought maybe its because of root? because I know xposed module app cause note 4 to lag like crazy until you freeze S health. Could whatsapp have the same issue with root?

I think the issue because Whatsapp is not optimized for Exynos processor !!

Please help if you know the cause.

Regards
Yathani

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Snapdragon (T-Mobile 4G version)

I think I can confirm its issue with the Exynos and whatsapp. I tried manythings yesterday from unrooting to reinstalling everything and still. The app will start to lag/freeze once I start to click on download 3 to 4 videos at the same time. Which wasn't the case before the update that shows the two blue check marks!!

Thanks Spookdroid

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You could try to find an earlier version APK (not sure if it'll work though, Whatsapp is known to sometimes block older versions) and test it. If the older version works but the new one doesn't, then you should report the bug to Whatsapp.

For this, though, you'd have to uninstall Whatsapp, side-load the older version, test, then uninstall the old version and re-install Whatsapp from the Play Store.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
You could try to find an earlier version APK (not sure if it'll work though, Whatsapp is known to sometimes block older versions) and test it. If the older version works but the new one doesn't, then you should report the bug to Whatsapp.

For this, though, you'd have to uninstall Whatsapp, side-load the older version, test, then uninstall the old version and re-install Whatsapp from the Play Store.

I will give it a shot