Sprint - Possibe sensor issue

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed since yesterday when in the dialer app, the phone doesn't light up when I take it from my ear. I have to hit my home button to make the screen come on, then hit end. I put a Slick Wrap on last night but noticed this problem before that.

Doing a little trouble shooting, I covered the front sensor and the screen dimmed as usual. When I uncovered it, it brightened. That means the sensors are working, right? I don't talk on the phone often, so I'm wondering if this is a bug from the recent update. Any takers on what the problem may be?

SGN4 :-D

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
a couple of things I noticed about this. If the phone is on speaker mode during a call, the proximity sensor doesn't work (makes sense). And if the phone locks while on a call, the proximity sensor will stop working. other than that mine works as it should, even after the recent Sprint update. Hope this helps.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input. The speaker deal does make sense. So your screen doesn't come on when u take the phone from your ear? Mine always has. I don't remember ever having to force the screen on to end a call. Ugh...the little things are a pain to figure out.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Just to clarify, the screen does come on when I move it away from my ear, but only if the screen wasn't initially locked before the call. i.e. if my phone is locked and I receive a call, then the proximity sensor doesn't work (since the phone is technically still locked, even thought the dialer/call screen is on), but if I unlocked the phone to make a call, the the sensor works as you mentioned.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Gotcha. There's def something wrong with mine then. Nothing else to do but to remove the Slick Wrap from the front and see what happens. Thx!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1