I had a snug case for my HTC Evo and my HTC One. Now, with the Note 4, protection is more important than ever. This is not a cheap phone, and man do I want it to last for years. I am really, really liking it thus far.

Went to order either a Spigen or Caseology Slim, only to come across a lot of reviews of these cases scratching the crap out of the metal trim when they're removed! Are there any snug cases out there that aren't known to do this? What about cases like Urban Armor or Otterbox? Have they been scratchers? I guess there are always cases that replace the back plate, like the Meisterstuck Soft Grain Cover.
    12-17-2014 09:18 PM
    I had a snug case for my HTC Evo and my HTC One. Now, with the Note 4, protection is more important than ever. This is not a cheap phone, and man do I want it to last for years. I am really, really liking it thus far.

Went to order either a Spigen or Caseology Slim, only to come across a lot of reviews of these cases scratching the crap out of the metal trim when they're removed! Are there any snug cases out there that aren't known to do this? What about cases like Urban Armor or Otterbox? Have they been scratchers? I guess there are always cases that replace the back plate, like the Meisterstuck Soft Grain Cover.
    It isn't the case, it's debris getting into the case and when you remove the case often to change batteries or swap cases, that debris scratches the polished aluminum. Really not much can be done. They will all do this in time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-17-2014 09:23 PM
    It isn't the case, it's debris getting into the case and when you remove the case often to change batteries or swap cases, that debris scratches the polished aluminum. Really not much can be done. They will all do this in time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    It was the case for me. Took it out of the case the same day I put it on. Scratches were there right away after taking the case off.
    12-17-2014 09:29 PM
    It's definitely the case at least for me too. Had it on for only 24 hours and the scratches were there.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    12-17-2014 10:01 PM
    I've been going without a case ever since. Really enjoying having no case on it. I'm very careful with my phones.
    12-17-2014 11:15 PM
    I have the caseology slim and Love it. Adds very little bulk and has the bumper on it. Nice grippy back too.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-18-2014 12:36 AM