11-08-2015 06:37 PM
42 12
tools
    Check to make sure cellular networks is on under settings then data
    12-21-2014 07:21 PM
    I can't send or receive SMS messages on my Note 4. If I include myself on the message thread, messaging will switch to an MMS, which will work (but not consistently). I have run a diagnostic on my network connections, per Sprint's suggestions. I have also installed Textra, with the same result. Help!
    I have had similar issues but then with connecting to the cell network. Was resolved by removing sim, reinsert it and power on your phone. If this doesn't resolve it call your provider and ask them if they can send the default settings to your handset.
    12-21-2014 07:38 PM
    The problem seems to be from sprint. I have N4 and working perfectly.
    12-21-2014 09:19 PM
    I had the exactly same issue and didn't get sms texts for about 2 days. In my case, I called sprint and we did the activation process again which fixed the issue. Works fine now
    12-21-2014 10:27 PM
    You need to check your apn settings under "mobile more networks"... apn then google sprint apn and create a new apn and reboot
    12-21-2014 11:31 PM
    I can't send or receive SMS messages on my Note 4. If I include myself on the message thread, messaging will switch to an MMS, which will work (but not consistently). I have run a diagnostic on my network connections, per Sprint's suggestions. I have also installed Textra, with the same result. Help!
    SMS involving more than one recipient sends as MMS, that's normal behavior. What's not normal is not being able to send/receive SMS. I have a few questions for you:

1. Did you recently port to Sprint?
    2. Has SMS ever worked?
    2. Can you get SMS from other Sprint subscribers and/or other carriers?
    2. When did this issue start?
    justlovejoy likes this.
    12-22-2014 12:07 AM
    Has this issue been resolved? If so how did you do it? This in case someone else stumbles on this thread and needs it.
    12-28-2014 01:31 PM
    Don't think that's it, I've had the same number since I've had a cell phone.
    01-08-2015 06:55 PM
    This issue is not yet resolved.
    01-08-2015 06:56 PM
    1. I have had Sprint for 5 years or more. (always with the same phone number)
    2. SMS has never worked on this phone
    3. I cannot receive or send SMS from anyone, regardless of carrier.
    4. The issue started when I transferred from my Galaxy II to my Note 4.
    01-08-2015 06:59 PM
    1. I have had Sprint for 5 years or more. (always with the same phone number)
    2. SMS has never worked on this phone
    3. I cannot receive or send SMS from anyone, regardless of carrier.
    4. The issue started when I transferred from my Galaxy II to my Note 4.
    Have you gone to a Sprint Service Center? They may check or change the SIM card.
    Also have you checked the Message ID Number (MIN)? It is under Settings > About Device > Status.
    Obviously this is not right. Keep on them until it is fixed.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    01-09-2015 10:32 AM
    Situation Resolved.
    Apparently, I needed to change my "Preferred Network Mode" in settings from LTE/CDMA to CDMA.
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to my question. I appreciate your time and energy.
    01-23-2015 01:38 PM
    Situation Resolved.
    Apparently, I needed to change my "Preferred Network Mode" in settings from LTE/CDMA to CDMA.
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to my question. I appreciate your time and energy.
    That doesn't seem right. You've basically just hobbled your phone.

Was this solution given to you by Sprint? If not, why are you so reluctant to actually contact your carrier for what seems like an easy fix?
    01-23-2015 02:05 PM
    Also, by changing to CDMA only, you will never connect an LTE network.
    01-23-2015 02:41 PM
    This was the solution given to me by Sprint.
    01-27-2015 03:29 PM
    SMS is a basic function of any mobile phone, not just a smartphone. Even your basic flip phone will send an SMS. Something is not right?

Are you connected to an Airave? Are you using WiFi calling? Has the SMS ever worked?

Have you tried resetting your device to factory settings?

If you do this...DO NOT allow Google to start syncing up/downloading your apps. Once the factory reset is complete, before doing anything else...try sending an SMS. Bet you it will work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-27-2015 03:35 PM
    Check your date and time settings make sure its correct if the date is wrong it will do this.
    Mine was doing the same thing untill i fixed the date
    11-08-2015 06:37 PM
42 12