I have the Note 4 on Verizon & I have GPS set to High Accuracy. For some reason, every app I use & even Google maps thinks my location is in Westlake, OH. I live in Centerburg which is at least 2 hours away.

I have done everything including a factory reset & nothing works. Anyone have any ideas? Should I just exchange for a different device.
    12-20-2014 12:57 PM
    I would. Either the GPS receiver is bad or the firmware is fouled up. Being on the wrong side of an interstate is one thing (it can happen with the right atmospherics when you're depending on only satellites for precision, but you'll notice that the HDOP [which you can read in GPS Status & Toolbox will be out of sight]), but showing you in Mt. Vernon would be enough to make me want to return it. Westlake? That's like the weatherman "predicting" sunny skies while it's raining so hard that you're waiting for Noah to float past your house - more than just ludicrous.

GPS horizontal accuracy [HDOP] should be a few hundred meters at very worst under the worst ionospheric conditions, indoors or in a canyon (where the signals are going to be reflecting off multiple surfaces). More than that and I'd wonder if the world was ending. More than that consistently, especially under an open sky, and I'd know the receiver was bad or the whole GPS system has a huge malfunction. And it would be on every major news site in minutes. (Actually, under an open sky, I'd worry at more than 50 yards consistent error.)

100 miles off? Might as well mount a state map on a wall and throw a dart at it with your eyes closed to determine where you are. You'd probably get closer. (When my GPS tells me I'm home when I'm in front of my neighbor's house, I know the atmospherics are bad.)
    12-20-2014 01:22 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I'm just going to return it, I performed another factory reset & it either keeps going to North Olmstead or Westlake.
    12-20-2014 01:50 PM
    I've been having a similar issue on my note 3 after updating to 4.4.4.
    12-20-2014 04:14 PM