I have searched and have not found any threads about my issue. The issue is the volume on the rear speaker will randomly, and drastically drop. For example, I will be watching a youtube video, and get a text. I will swipe down the notification bar and make a quick reply in verizon messages. Now when I resume the video the volume will be noticeably quiter. I will check all the volume sliders and verify that the volume is maxxed. Then if I have the video playing, and get another text, after the text tone goes off I can hear the volume jump back up to normal. Also this is not just in the youtube app, as I'm typing on the keyboard I can hear the touch tones are also not at full volume. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-20-2014 10:20 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue, on my AT&T model Note 4. Running in to the same issue, nothing online with troubleshooting ideas. I tend to fallback to a reboot to restore the volume, obviously regular (daily) reboots just to hear my phone isn't acceptable. Hopefully someone else will find this post and have additional insight or ideas.
    12-31-2014 09:44 PM
    It sounds like another Note 4 software bug that will, hopefully, get fixed with Lollipop.

from the IV✒
    12-31-2014 11:35 PM
    Are you using Gear2 by chance? I'm having the same issue.
    01-08-2015 02:36 PM
    Yes! I'm having the same issue with random volume drops! This is the only thread I've been able to find on this issue! I have to restart my phone once or twice a day and it's super annoying! Hope it gets fixed. If anybody finds anything, keep us updated!
    02-11-2015 04:18 PM
    I had that problem on my Note 2 and believe a recent upgrade made the volume button more sensitive. Turns out when I was holding it, it would trigger the volume down button and mute my phone too. I haven't noticed it on my Note 4 though.
    02-12-2015 08:24 PM
    I thought that could've been my issue the first time it happened but I noticed immediately that the volume status was still saying it was maxed out in settings. The phone will just randomly make itself nearly inaudible and the quickest temporary fix is to restart the phone and hope it doesn't happen again soon. Really hoping the lollipop update addresses this issue. It's super annoying.

02-15-2015 02:13 AM
    Hey guys! I think I may have found a kind of fix for this (at least for me anyway)! I started using the Google now launcher and I put the rhapsody (app that seemed to cause volume drop) widget on my home screen. I haven't had a volume drop in about two days now and I'm hoping this might help you guys. I also factory reset but that without these changes as well didn't fix my issue. Good luck!

04-22-2015 11:20 PM