How can I download the German language for the Note 4?

DorisBali

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
How can I download german language for Note4

I got Galaxy Note4 in Indonesia but there is no chance to change the language to german. I asked Samsung Germany already but they can not help. They jeyboard I changed but for the settings no way. Wiuld be really happy if somebody can help me. Thanks.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: How can I download german language for Note4

You might want to list your specific model so that people with the same model can help you. Different languages are available on different models. I'm not going to have the same phone as you but likely someone here will.

If your phone does not have German as one of the available system level languages, you could possibly root your phone and change the locale or some other hack to make German available, but you cannot add system languages without root.

Last edited:

DorisBali

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the answer. What means I have to root? Sorry. My english not so good. I dont understand what I have to do.
But my Note 4 is like this:
Model Number SM-N910H
Android version 4.4.4
Baseband version N910HXXU1ANK5
Modell GT-N7000ZBADBT
Would be great I can get help. Thanks again.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Did you look for Deutsch under the languages? I don't think you will see it as German but it should show as Deutsch.
If not then you may have to install another ROM that supports it. Am not sure if you can install another Samsung ROM using Kies (maybe someone with more knowledge can jump in).
Rooting means unlocking your phone to gain system access, so that you can install another ROM on it. But this will void your warranty. So unless you don't mind that then I'll suggest try to install another Samsung ROM using Kies.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

DorisBali

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. But I have no idea how to install another ROM and actually I also dont want to loose warranty. I found in internet that it isn't possible to modify or add new system languages. For the keyboard language I have already in "deutsch". That was no problem. But I would love to change the system language.... Have already somebody success with that or is it true that it isn't possible...

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Maybe next time buy an international model.

Posted via the Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

It's a birthday present. What can I do????

You can't do anything unless you root and I wouldn't root a present without the recipient's permission myself, but that's up to you of course. Otherwise, you either return it or give it to them as is.

DorisBali

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

No. I got the present and I am german..... And it was big surprise for me when I contacted customer service from Samsung in Germany that they say they can not help and the warranty isn't worldwide. In Indonesia they also say they can not help...

But I have no idea how to root the phone and I also can not imagine that a company like SAMSUNG can not solve this problem..... :(
So I was surfing in Internet and found this Forum.

My last hope......

DorisBali

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

It looks like it is impossible to fix this problem... Right?

I really can not understand why it is so complicated.... :) :-( :-(

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm in Thailand and the models here don't have German pre-installed. Samsung said it couldn't be done.
However I took it to a Samsung dealer for 3 dollars he did it in less than five minutes not routed and no loss of data.
My advice is to take it to few dealers that have in house technical support.

DorisBali

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Wow, this are great news.... Thanks a lot for this :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Tulamben - Bali
This is the best christmas gift, smileeeeeee.......

In case they can not do here, I will go to Thailand next year.... and may be will contact you where I can do it... Thanks again......

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

The shop that did it is in central department store 3rd floor pattaya it's a Samsung authorized dealer the number is 0827168482
Hope that helps.
Maybe take it to a local dealer and phone him.. He is very helpful if he wants a couple of dollars for his knowledge I'll pay for you. Happy holidays

DorisBali

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Great, thanks a lot for this info and your really generous offer.. but I have a friend how is living in Pattaya. He can also go and pay because I will meet him next year in Bali.
Next week I will try in Bali and in case they cannot handle I will call in Pattaya. But I hope they can handle it here...
Thanks again and all the best for the NEW YEAR 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463