Wireless Charging With Any Case (Samsung Wireless Coil)

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to share this mod. This was something that I was considering but someone beat me to it. Please see the link below. Basically this allows you to use the original Samsung Battery Cover with the original Samsung Wireless Coil that comes in the Wireless Cover. So in essence, you get to use the quality wireless charging that comes with the Samsung cover and continue to use the case that you prefer. Also shown is the Note 4 charging using the UAG case using an Energizer dual pad and a Spigen Tough Armor on a Nokia DT-900 plate..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-FEBpDieOg

Why use this mod instead of the other receivers out there?

• Most of the receivers dont support NFC. For the ones that support it, you sometimes have to play with the positioning.
  • The Samsung Coil is bigger and centered and therefore it is much easier to just drop it on any charging pad without needing to find the sweet spot.
  • This appears to charge quicker than the stickers as it shows 800mA.
  • If you have not used your 50% discount, you can use it for the Wireless Cover and end up paying about $15

Now if you want to remove the cover off and on without worrying about the placement of the coil, you can also try sticking it to the OEM cover as shown below.
2014-12-20 20.43.29.jpgView attachment 1561202014-12-20 21.05.36.jpg

Attachments

• UAG.jpg
    UAG.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 106
  • Spigen.jpg
    Spigen.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 2014-12-20 20.44.19.jpg
    2014-12-20 20.44.19.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
It appears to be a good mod and if I go to wireless charging I will look into implementing it.
How easy is it to change batteries with it on the battery not glued to the back of back?

propisquo

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i have a question for this mod. Before everything it's important say that i'm italian and i'm sorry if my english is not very good. So, i have a note 4 and i bought a qi receiver form amazon, i use that for charging my device all the night, and in the morning battery temperature is around 314°K. I think it's a little too hot for the life of my battery. I charge with samsung protective cover and i don't know if is this the problem. You think that with original samsung coil heating will be lower? thank you

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i have a question for this mod. Before everything it's important say that i'm italian and i'm sorry if my english is not very good. So, i have a note 4 and i bought a qi receiver form amazon, i use that for charging my device all the night, and in the morning battery temperature is around 314°K. I think it's a little too hot for the life of my battery. I charge with samsung protective cover and i don't know if is this the problem. You think that with original samsung coil heating will be lower? thank you

314 Kelvin is 105 Fahrenheit or 41 Celsius. That's well within acceptable temperature for a battery.

propisquo

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys thank you for the replies, this night i tried to charge without samsung protective cover, and when i woke up temperature was around 37°C, so my cover maybe is the reason of this heating. So i'm happy to hear that 41°C is not too hot for not degenerate my battery. I was a little curious to heard something about guys that use samsung coil from s charger cover, because i have a samsung charge cover and i don't know if remove the coil and use it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463