Samsung Galaxy Note 4 I just killed my phone!

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Turned around to head to bed and dropped it. Just from waist height! New wonderful case that should have protected it. But now the screen doesn't work. It vibrates when I remove the pen.

I've removed the battery several times. If I plug it into my computer, it is blank because I have it on pin lock. Can't see to unlock it!

Ah. Now I see it. I broke the screen inside. This is the glass that I think the S-View case broke. I think the drop finished it. Yep. I thought at first it was just a scratch but if I run my finger over it, I don't feel anything. But if I flex the phone, I see the crack widen on the inside. It starts at the crack on the edge then goes swoop across to the other side. <insert colorful metaphors>

Good thing I have Sprint's Total Protection Plan, eh?

Dagnabit, it better pay to replace it! Off to the Sprint store in the morning. There is a Sprint kiosk in the mall (riiiiight, the Sunday before Christmas? Don't think so!) and there's a repair place the next town over. Nice Sunday drive. I'll miss a football game. I'll call first to make sure they are open.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: I just killed my phone!

My greatest fear. I've always had junker phones...this is by far the best I have ever had. My biggest fear is destroying it...especially at work. I have the insurance too. Good luck and I hate that happened!

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

I didn't call first and they weren't open. Well, it was a nice drive at least.

I'm going to call the insurance place to see which is better. Going through them or Sprint place.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Last year my Note 3 was killed just before Thanksgiving so it was only a few weeks old. I used the Sprint insurance. I think it's called Assurian. Cost me 200, but I had a brand new Note 3. I hope it works out for you as well.

SGN4 :-D

seacow1500

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Get ready for a bump in price $250. Might want to see if there are any places that will fix your phone.

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, it is $200. They can have it to me tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest but I don't have the money. Or they can add it to the monthly bill which I am tempted to do except it is already so high.

I was fuming at first. I got the insurance so I wouldn't have to pay anything. But then I realized without the insurance, I'd be forking over a lot more.

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

So the insurance info on line says it will come with:

A UICC (Universal Integrated Circuit Card) will be included in your shipment.

Clicking a little mini link gives the popup with this:

The UICC (Universal Integrated Circuit Card) is a removable smart card used in this device.
The UICC activates the device to the network while ensuring the integrity and security of personal data including contacts, video clips, photos, etc.
Please refer to the activation instructions you will receive with your replacement device for additional information on how to utilize this card.

From what I understand, this means it is the SIM card, right? Can I take the SIM card from my dead phone and put it in the new one?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

So the insurance info on line says it will come with:

Clicking a little mini link gives the popup with this:

From what I understand, this means it is the SIM card, right? Can I take the SIM card from my dead phone and put it in the new one?

On sprint I believer there is an activation process.

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site

Hi PaulaO,

Typically, standard accessories including the SIM will be sent with your replacement phone. In regard to using your old SIM card in the new phone, we recommend contacting your carrier to ensure that you wont experience any service interruptions.

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

I didn't go with insurance for my phone because in the small print they state that they will try to give you the same model but it is 100% up to the carriers discretion which phone they offer you. "has similar features" was the quote. An acquaintance of mine said his friend got a crappy phone instead of the same model.... Future Shop insurance is expensive but they can't sell the phones outright. I had to buy it from Telus.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

What do you guys pay for a phone ensurance in the US?

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I didn't go with insurance for my phone because in the small print they state that they will try to give you the same model but it is 100% up to the carriers discretion which phone they offer you. "has similar features" was the quote. An acquaintance of mine said his friend got a crappy phone instead of the same model.... Future Shop insurance is expensive but they can't sell the phones outright. I had to buy it from Telus.
Someone posted in here the other day that they sent in their note 3 and the insurance company sent them back a new Note 4.

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site

While we strive to replace with a like for like device if that model is unavailable at the of the claim we may offer a comparable model.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma