12-31-2014 05:24 PM
32 12
tools
    Turned around to head to bed and dropped it. Just from waist height! New wonderful case that should have protected it. But now the screen doesn't work. It vibrates when I remove the pen.

I've removed the battery several times. If I plug it into my computer, it is blank because I have it on pin lock. Can't see to unlock it!

Ah. Now I see it. I broke the screen inside. This is the glass that I think the S-View case broke. I think the drop finished it. Yep. I thought at first it was just a scratch but if I run my finger over it, I don't feel anything. But if I flex the phone, I see the crack widen on the inside. It starts at the crack on the edge then goes swoop across to the other side. <insert colorful metaphors>

Good thing I have Sprint's Total Protection Plan, eh?

Dagnabit, it better pay to replace it! Off to the Sprint store in the morning. There is a Sprint kiosk in the mall (riiiiight, the Sunday before Christmas? Don't think so!) and there's a repair place the next town over. Nice Sunday drive. I'll miss a football game. I'll call first to make sure they are open.
    12-21-2014 02:49 AM
    What a bummer. Like u said, at least u can replace it. Best wishes

SGN4 :-D
    akutch34 and MebiusD like this.
    12-21-2014 10:24 AM
    My greatest fear. I've always had junker phones...this is by far the best I have ever had. My biggest fear is destroying it...especially at work. I have the insurance too. Good luck and I hate that happened!

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-21-2014 10:36 AM
    I didn't call first and they weren't open. Well, it was a nice drive at least.

I'm going to call the insurance place to see which is better. Going through them or Sprint place.

Thanks for the well wishes.
    12-21-2014 12:37 PM
    Last year my Note 3 was killed just before Thanksgiving so it was only a few weeks old. I used the Sprint insurance. I think it's called Assurian. Cost me 200, but I had a brand new Note 3. I hope it works out for you as well.

12-21-2014 03:13 PM
    Get ready for a bump in price $250. Might want to see if there are any places that will fix your phone.
    12-21-2014 04:11 PM
    Yeah, it is $200. They can have it to me tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest but I don't have the money. Or they can add it to the monthly bill which I am tempted to do except it is already so high.

I was fuming at first. I got the insurance so I wouldn't have to pay anything. But then I realized without the insurance, I'd be forking over a lot more.
    12-21-2014 10:50 PM
    Yeah. Nasty copay, but much less than full price

akutch34 likes this.
    12-22-2014 12:01 PM
    So the insurance info on line says it will come with:

A UICC (Universal Integrated Circuit Card) will be included in your shipment.
    Clicking a little mini link gives the popup with this:

The UICC (Universal Integrated Circuit Card) is a removable smart card used in this device.
    The UICC activates the device to the network while ensuring the integrity and security of personal data including contacts, video clips, photos, etc.
    Please refer to the activation instructions you will receive with your replacement device for additional information on how to utilize this card.
    From what I understand, this means it is the SIM card, right? Can I take the SIM card from my dead phone and put it in the new one?
    12-22-2014 12:01 PM
    So the insurance info on line says it will come with:

Clicking a little mini link gives the popup with this:

From what I understand, this means it is the SIM card, right? Can I take the SIM card from my dead phone and put it in the new one?
    On sprint I believer there is an activation process.
    12-22-2014 02:20 PM
    Hi PaulaO,

Typically, standard accessories including the SIM will be sent with your replacement phone. In regard to using your old SIM card in the new phone, we recommend contacting your carrier to ensure that you wont experience any service interruptions.
    12-22-2014 03:11 PM
    I didn't go with insurance for my phone because in the small print they state that they will try to give you the same model but it is 100% up to the carriers discretion which phone they offer you. "has similar features" was the quote. An acquaintance of mine said his friend got a crappy phone instead of the same model.... Future Shop insurance is expensive but they can't sell the phones outright. I had to buy it from Telus.
    12-23-2014 06:56 AM
    What do you guys pay for a phone ensurance in the US?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2014 07:30 AM

7 bucks a month with ATT
    MightyMike likes this.
    12-23-2014 07:40 AM
    I didn't go with insurance for my phone because in the small print they state that they will try to give you the same model but it is 100% up to the carriers discretion which phone they offer you. "has similar features" was the quote. An acquaintance of mine said his friend got a crappy phone instead of the same model.... Future Shop insurance is expensive but they can't sell the phones outright. I had to buy it from Telus.
    Someone posted in here the other day that they sent in their note 3 and the insurance company sent them back a new Note 4.
    akutch34 likes this.
    12-23-2014 07:41 AM
    7 bucks a month with ATT
    Wauw, that's kinda cheap!

12-23-2014 08:19 AM

$5 and change a month for squaretrade. Only $75 deductible for accidentally damaging the phone.
    12-23-2014 09:18 AM

$10 per month and I can upgrade 2x a year, anytime. T-Mobile.
    12-23-2014 09:27 AM
    $11 that covers damage and if lost or stolen

12-23-2014 10:22 AM
    While we strive to replace with a like for like device if that model is unavailable at the of the claim we may offer a comparable model.
    12-23-2014 01:34 PM
    When it rains, it pours. Just found out my mom has a mass on her meninges (membrane covering brain) and went into surgery this morning. Luckily I was able to put the deductible on the Sprint bill and they sent me the phone in less than 24hrs. I am activating it now after finalizing everything last night. I'll now have my phone as I rush from NC to NJ! I could have just re-activated my old S3 but, really, it is so small now, ya know? LOL

According to the Sprint guy that answered the phone, I don't need to switch the SIM cards as there's nothing on there I need. So I'm not bothering.

I had my Note exactly the way I wanted it and now I have to start over. Well, at least now I have something to do in the airport and on the plane and in the ICU waiting room, right? something to occupy my mind.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    12-23-2014 02:36 PM
    Sorry to hear that about your mom. Hopefully the massis benign.

12-23-2014 05:11 PM
    When it rains, it pours. Just found out my mom has a mass on her meninges (membrane covering brain) and went into surgery this morning. Luckily I was able to put the deductible on the Sprint bill and they sent me the phone in less than 24hrs. I am activating it now after finalizing everything last night. I'll now have my phone as I rush from NC to NJ! I could have just re-activated my old S3 but, really, it is so small now, ya know? LOL

According to the Sprint guy that answered the phone, I don't need to switch the SIM cards as there's nothing on there I need. So I'm not bothering.

I had my Note exactly the way I wanted it and now I have to start over. Well, at least now I have something to do in the airport and on the plane and in the ICU waiting room, right? something to occupy my mind.
    Sorry to hear about your mom, Paula.
    PaulaO likes this.
    12-23-2014 05:25 PM
    My thoughts and prayers are with your Mom and you. May she have a speedy recovery.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4
    12-23-2014 06:24 PM
    Someone posted in here the other day that they sent in their note 3 and the insurance company sent them back a new Note 4.
    Same thing happened to my best friend his daughter had a Note 3 for about 3 weeks and stopped working. He called in for help and was told it needed to be replaced and he received a Note 4.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.
    12-23-2014 09:55 PM
32 12