01-20-2015 03:06 PM
54 123
tools
    It goes beyond the colour or fret imho. The swiping up to complete the word is what I think makes the Z3/10/30 neat. Not necessary better but the fact that you don't have to stop to pick a word from the top of the keyboard to complete it is pretty efficient.

Posted via the Android Central App on my BlackBerry Passport
    Oddly enough, I could never get that to work for me. It would take a couple swipes for me to get it to register. Plus I'd have to lift my finger a bit to see if it was the word I wanted to use. I found it faster just to pound the words out without the swipe up.
    12-28-2014 07:10 PM
    While I prefer the Swiftkey keyboard but it does have a major flaw in my opinion, which the Samsung keyboard doesn't. That is you can't access the clipboard entries and choose the entry you want to insert on the Swiftkey keyboard. The Samsung keyboard does have this very necessary feature. I am thus forced to switch keyboards at least once a day to delete all entries in the Clipboard and then switch back to Swiftkey. Leaving these clipboard snippets (including any copied passwords) means they are available to anyone with access to your phone.
    After trying one other keyboard "Minuum", it slowed down my note 4 considerably. I read this forum and didn't know the stock keyboard had all these features nor did I know how to enable it. I tried what you said and didn't realize it kept all my stuff in the clipboard. Amazing. Anyway I also followed one other post in making the stock keyboard into 3/4 size and it basically floating around the page and enabled swipe. Pretty spot on.
    My only qualm about it is that I can't long press on a letter and have access to regular symbols right then and there. So far so good.
    01-20-2015 03:44 AM
    Swiftkey all the way!
    01-20-2015 01:55 PM
    I've found having a dedicated number row is my #2 priority (swiping is #1). So those without that function are of my list.

Every time I read about keyboards so many love swift key, so I try it out again. The thing I don't like about swift key compared to stock (which is what I use), is when you misspell or the keyboard picks the wrong word, stock allows you to delete the word with a single backspace instead of backspace each letter. I also find stock easier to select a close word when it picks the wrong one.
    Posted via the Android Central App
    With swift key if u hold down the backspace button for a second or 2 will delete the word. The predictions in swiftkey sre truly taylored via your FB, emails, texts etc. I had it & loved it since it cost $
    01-20-2015 03:06 PM
54 123