Hey guys, so the other day I bought a Note 4 and noticed it was awfully slow. So I did my best to try and fix this, but it seems like I only made it worse...

So I decided to update it and that seems to have slowed the phone down even more. I tried changing it to ART runtime but it won't let me change it. It would just restart.

Also I can't change the weather widget from Korean to English.

Please help!
    12-22-2014 12:49 AM
    Sounds like something is wrong with the device. What all have you done to it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Malcom Holmes1 likes this.
    12-22-2014 12:52 AM
    I did a factory reset but it's still really slow. Even without apps.
    12-22-2014 12:55 AM
    Is there a microsd card inserted?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    12-22-2014 12:56 AM
    If that didn't do it I'd take it back for a replacement
    12-22-2014 01:19 AM
    No micro SD card.
    12-22-2014 02:04 AM
    My first guess would have been auto restore of apps causing issues, my second have been media server issues with lots of files on microSD. Doesn't sound like it is either of these . . agree with others, might be worthwhile to take it back and have it looked at.
    12-22-2014 02:07 AM
    Hey guys, so the other day I bought a Note 4 and noticed it was awfully slow. So I did my best to try and fix this, but it seems like I only made it worse...

So I decided to update it and that seems to have slowed the phone down even more. I tried changing it to ART runtime but it won't let me change it. It would just restart.

Also I can't change the weather widget from Korean to English.

Please help!
    Where did you purchase from?

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    12-22-2014 02:20 AM
    Troll much?
    12-22-2014 03:21 AM
    Troll much?
    Seriously? Troll much? Been paranoid long?
    12-22-2014 08:17 AM
    Guys this is yours truly from another account. I did a hard reset and the performance got better... a little bit. Still cant swrich to ART and now im noticing the left side is a bit blacker than the rest of my screen. The model i got is from korea but im from the philippines and it alhas no warranty here. Im gonna have it replace from the dude i bought it from but he thinks im over exaggerating
    12-22-2014 09:42 AM
    Guys this is yours truly from another account. I did a hard reset and the performance got better... a little bit. Still cant swrich to ART and now im noticing the left side is a bit blacker than the rest of my screen. The model i got is from korea but im from the philippines and it alhas no warranty here. Im gonna have it replace from the dude i bought it from but he thinks im over exaggerating
    Just swap it out if you can. Mine is like lightning so there clearly is a problem with yours.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    12-22-2014 09:54 AM
    Is that the exynos version? I really hate how samsung creates another stupid slow variant... just use qualcomm's tech!
    12-22-2014 10:09 AM
    Exynos is FAR superior to Qualcomm...

12-22-2014 10:44 AM
    Phones pretty stable now. Benchmarks are back to normal nut some texts are still korean
    I still cant change to ART runtime. But performance is alright now. Animations and sliding is now 60 frames. But playing minecraft is laggy and horrendous! I get around 10-20fps! Im not sure wether to get this checked up or not because i dont want to **** off the jerk i bought this from.
    12-22-2014 10:54 AM
    Phones pretty stable now. Benchmarks are back to normal nut some texts are still korean
    I still cant change to ART runtime. But performance is alright now. Animations and sliding is now 60 frames. But playing minecraft is laggy and horrendous! I get around 10-20fps! Im not sure wether to get this checked up or not because i dont want to **** off the jerk i bought this from.
    Tbh you have a right to & please check if its a Note 4 and not a clone.

Something just doesn't sit right going by what your saying.

12-22-2014 11:03 AM
    Seriously? Troll much? Been paranoid long?
    No reason to be paranoid. Just going with my gut feeling.
    Why does the OP have 2 accounts with different names? Oh wait I'm paranoid right?
    12-22-2014 01:00 PM
    Okay so the Korean variant (LTE AX3) can't activate ART runtime with the new update. Mine is definitely not a clone but I think it's defective. One reason it might be defective is because when I do a reset it returns back to normal but when I download all my apps, the benchmarks says it's slower than an S5!

This is ridiculous because all the apps that I have installed are also on my S5 and it's running butter smooth!
    12-22-2014 11:35 PM
    Its not a troll. I have two accounts because i am having problems with my account, just like how I'm having trouble with this phone. Please stop bothering me I'm already stressed out because of this.
    12-22-2014 11:51 PM
    Hmmm seems like this dude may have gaven u a fake note 4. Minecraft cannot possibly play at 20 fps. My almost 5 yr old samsung fascinate runs like 20 fps. I have a note 4 and its blazing fast and doesnt ever lag while playing games even high graphic games.

Posted via my Samsung GALAXY NOTE 4
    12-23-2014 12:24 AM
    That's how it is turn off animations in developer options, turn off s finder and s voice.

Or just root and install a more optimized rom. Samsung software is slow and crappy.
    12-23-2014 03:22 AM
    See this is the problem. I'm dead sure it's defective (not fake) because the folks over at Sammy is saying that it seems alright.

Can someone with the same model (LTE A3X) report to me if their having the same problems? Thanks in advance.
    12-23-2014 05:35 AM
    My Snote of Note 4 is very slow because the data in Snote App became very big (13GB), I open ApplicaRion Manager, select tab All, click on Snote App and click Clear Data, the data will reduce to 30MB and it runs very fast again. you may need to backup folder Snote Data in root directory, I didn't do it and I don't lose any notes.
    12-17-2015 06:59 PM