01-01-2015 10:51 AM
124 1234 ...
tools
    Have had Android from the start and cannot see me switching to Apple.
    12-23-2014 08:23 AM
    In one word...no.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-23-2014 09:14 AM
    I've thought about switching. But it wasn't because I was unsatisfied with android. It was because I wanted to try something new. A new start. I almost thought about getting the iphone6 but decided to continue with note 4. I don't know well see later on if I continue.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    12-23-2014 09:19 AM
    Never had never will. The day I get tired of android is the day I'll go for windows phone. But even that is not gonna happened.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    12-23-2014 09:56 AM
    Will never switch to Apple, I prefer to do what I want with my phone not having the manufacturer tell me what I can do. Iphones seem so limited and yes I have used one before I have one for work and it sits there never being used. My Note 4 does everything an Iphone6 can do and most of the time does it better.
    12-23-2014 10:58 AM
    No, I've used my wife's iPhone and my kids' iPads enough to know the iOS ecosystem is frustrating to work with and lacking in many multi-tasking capabilities.

And if I had a Note 4 with all of the issues you have been posting about, I would have either factory wiped it or replaced it by now. The Note 4 does not perform like yours does, unless it has a hardware issue or has an app installed that is not compatible with it.

But if your idea of troubleshooting something is to just get rid of it and use something else, then the iOS platform might be the best solution for you.
    12-23-2014 11:31 AM

But if your idea of troubleshooting something is to just get rid of it and use something else, then the iOS platform might be the best solution for you.
    Very well said. I guess i've learned long ago that any and all electronic devices can have some amount of lag/glitches/etc.. that require a little attention to get how you like it. It doesn't matter if there's a fruit or a robot inside of it. I've also been around long enough to know that people tend to always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, especially when brand loyalists are not honest about the devices they own due to an inherent fear of upsetting the hierarchy.
    jlczl and gregg6942 like this.
    12-23-2014 12:20 PM
    i went kind of backwards. once upon a time i had an iphone 3g and got bored after a year which was surprising because i was on the thing constantly. then i became obsessed with getting a blackberry for the physical keyboard and used that platform for a couple of years because i truly did love it and i could still customize it to my liking, unlike the iphone.

my first android was the s3 and now the n4 and i won't look back. i had my s3 for over 2 years which is unheard of for me as far as phones go, since i was used to upgrading my blackberry all the time. that's how i knew android was the right os for me. it was certainly more versatile than the blackberry and definitely less limited than the iphone. ever since then, every time i play with an iphone i honestly can't see much of a difference from my 3g that i had and i just don't see the appeal that all the other hardcore iphone people do getting excited for basically the same thing year in, year out.

sorry for the novel, my point is that the os preference/experience is subjective. anyone can try to sell you on what to use but ultimately it's up to you to try different ones until you find what you like best.

as a side note, it would be a dream come true for me if blackberry used the android os. i actually do miss my bb, and i'm probably the only one

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2014 02:20 PM
    as much as I dislike the Iphone for a variety of reasons, there is no chance I would ever regress to one after using Android the last 5 years or so.

I completely understand why so many people use them/love them, but I prefer a device to do the things I want it to do, and, even though I jail broke every Iphone I ever owned, there is no comparison on which OS you can customize more.

If you have problems with your android phone that you cant fix, you might want to return it, and have the store see if they can help you
    12-23-2014 02:41 PM
    Both iPhones received the OTA update to iOS 8 or whatever it was, and both phones got bricked. He called in to speak to Apple Care, and they said they consider that to be a user modification and neither phone would be covered. I was with him when he called 2 other people with his carrier, and his work rep that handles the contract and they all told him to bite the wall. I've heard of at least one other circumstance where the same thing happened. The point is, give credit where credit is due. An OTA is not a user modification unless it's sideloaded.
    I seriously find that hard to believe ...
    12-24-2014 02:23 AM
    I thought about it months ago when I had my brand new Note 4 and then my iPhone 6 Plus preorder finally came in 5 weeks after I ordered it. I took a week to compare the two. The iPhone 6 Plus was a very good smartphone. And it was better than the Note 4 in some areas. But, those areas weren't much better and the feature set of the Note 4 completely eclipses what the iPhone 6 Plus offered. So here I am.
    jlczl likes this.
    12-24-2014 07:02 AM
    I have not been able to really stay away from my new Note 4 since I got it yesterday...picking it up to caress it just to...caress it. I immediately put Nova Prime on it and disabled several unneeded apps. It hasn't paused or skipped a single beat. It's just nastily fast but so was my Note 3 before it. It may be the stock skin that is causing some gliychiness(sic) for some but I only have had a couple of minutes experience with that in both the Note 3 and 4. Nova Prime is just completely, and irrevocably-seeming, rock solid. ...kinda like a Bryston or Krell power amp.

from the IV
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    12-24-2014 07:27 AM
    If you're not happy and you know it trade it in. Trade trade.

12-24-2014 07:36 AM
    I thought about it months ago when I had my brand new Note 4 and then my iPhone 6 Plus preorder finally came in 5 weeks after I ordered it. I took a week to compare the two. The iPhone 6 Plus was a very good smartphone. And it was better than the Note 4 in some areas. But, those areas weren't much better and the feature set of the Note 4 completely eclipses what the iPhone 6 Plus offered. So here I am.
    I'm so thankful that I am blessed to be able to have both and I enjoy them both!!!....
    12-24-2014 08:31 AM
    I'm so thankful that I am blessed to be able to have both and I enjoy them both!!!....
    Come tax return time I may dispose of some funds and add an iPhone 6 Plus to my Note 4, just for variety sake but I'll have to really consider if that's how I want to waste those funds given a questionable ROI.

from the IV
    12-24-2014 09:01 AM
    The reason im heading in that direction is because although they may not offer much, what they do offer, is perfected. It just works...
    That's an artificially supported marketing construct based on a reputation earned 4 years ago when Android was still figuring things out and the mobile world was still really limited... Now? Apple has done a marvelous job of convincing the public that their **** don't stink. They are just another OEM at this point, and one with a closed off platform.
    12-24-2014 09:47 AM
    New user here, this is my first post. I have a Nexus 6 on the way, switching from a Lumia 820 WP.

I just wanted to say that my brother-in-law switched from Android to Apple (Nexus 5 to iPhone 6 to be specific). It only lasted 3 days - he took advantage of his "cooling off period", took the iPhone back and went back to his Nexus. It's not the kind of thing he would do lightly. He said there was no comparison, everything about his year-old nexus was better than the brand new iPhone, from hardware aspects of battery life, signal strength and screen quality, to the software aspects of user experience and app availability.

And here's my story: As an avid Apple fan, a Mac user since the 90s, an owner of too many Macs to name of the top of my head, and countless iPods, I've always wanted an iPhone but could never afford one. But recently, (since we lost Steve Jobs maybe), I feel Apple have stopped innovating. Every iPhone of the last few years seems like an incremental upgrade on the last, ubiquitous, yet overhyped and overpriced.

So I decided to go another way. As a professional interface designer, I liked what MS were trying to do with the whole "Metro" look. I found the minimalist, colourful panels very pleasing, so simple, so modern, so user friendly, and yet so innovative and different to anything else out there. As an obsessed Xbox fan, I am somewhat addicted to achievements, so Xbox games on a mobile phone seemed a wonderful thing. And I've always been a fan of Nokia. So I decided to go with a Windows Phone, a lumia 820.

I still love it, but it has it's problems. The software is glitchy. Call blocking stopped working ages ago. Some apps won't launch at all. The interface is starting to frustrate and bore me. Xbox games are few and far between. And just about every app I see advertised is for "iOS and Android". No mention of WP. What's more, every other phone I see seems to massively outmuscle my little lumia. So, due for an upgrade, impressed by my bro-in-laws Nexus 5, and in want of a large screen, I sprung for the Nexus 6, and I can't wait.

I'm not surprised that Android dominates the market. Apple have been complacent. MS have tried to muscle in and, despite some promise, have stumbled. Google have soared. The variety of handsets is staggering, there is a wealth of apps and games, customization is great. I'm super excited about my decision to go Android and I know I won't regret it.
    jlczl likes this.
    12-24-2014 11:04 AM
    A lot of times year-to-year updates are only incremental. Apple is not the only OEM challenged by that, so is its biggest rival Samsung. As aforementioned, I switched from a Note 3 to a Note 4 and while there are tangible improvements they're just evolutionary. Better screen, slightly faster, better camera, etc. I think to really feel an upgrade you have to

a) have skipped at least a year in your upgrade cycle
    b) be coming from a lackluster device with notable shortcomings

Otherwise you're just seeing small improvements like I typically do (I find a way to upgrade every 6-12 months often disposing of $$ in the process). I will admit though that a lot of small improvements can indeed add up.

from the G Pad 7
    12-24-2014 11:12 AM
    A lot of times year-to-year updates are only incremental. Apple is not the only OEM challenged by that, so is its biggest rival Samsung. As aforementioned, I switched from a Note 3 to a Note 4 and while there are tangible improvements they're just evolutionary. Better screen, slightly faster, better camera, etc. I think to really feel an upgrade you have to

a) have skipped at least a year in your upgrade cycle
    b) be coming from a lackluster device with notable shortcomings

Otherwise you're just seeing small improvements like I typically do (I find a way to upgrade every 6-12 months often disposing of $$ in the process). I will admit though that a lot of small improvements can indeed add up.

from the G Pad 7
    I agree. I just feel like new iPhones are so overhyped, their release is covered by news networks, people camp out for days to get one, it's crazy. And all it is the same old iPhone, slightly better, and in some ways, slightly worse (signal strength problems, 6 Plus bending etc). It seems like Apple have a lot of people under some kind of spell. I'll always be a Mac user, but iPhones? Unless they hit another vein of innovation and do something to truly justify the high price of the hardware, I'm going to keep a clear head and use Android.
    12-24-2014 11:19 AM
    I agree. I just feel like new iPhones are so overhyped, their release is covered by news networks, people camp out for days to get one, it's crazy. And all it is the same old iPhone, slightly better, and in some ways, slightly worse (signal strength problems, 6 Plus bending etc). It seems like Apple have a lot of people under some kind of spell. I'll always be a Mac user, but iPhones? Unless they hit another vein of innovation and do something to truly justify the high price of the hardware, I'm going to keep a clear head and use Android.
    Oh you're right. The iPhones are vastly overhyped, good as they might be they are often notably behind the competition. ...but everyone knows their name so they sell well. Its the way of things.

from the G Pad 7
    12-24-2014 11:22 AM
    It seems like Apple have a lot of people under some kind of spell
    Reality Distortion Field\

I think your observation about Apple is spot on. They lost their soul when Jobs died. He WAS Apple... their resurgence was his doing, his vision. It is well known how much he micromanaged nearly every aspect of the iPhone... even minor changes to the fonts used for icons. Now? Well... even though they are spending more on R&D than they ever have, their major innovation was adding enough screen (a solution that Jobs famously abhorred) to allow for another row of icons on the homescreen. They are a powerboat with a fixed rudder... as if no one dares to alter anything too much.
    12-24-2014 11:42 AM
    In all fairness a lot of the Note 3/4 would be lost on a lot of people that really just want simplicity in their smartphone experience. ...and there are a LOT of people like that. The iPhone, if nothing else, is simple with a reliably good camera and a lot of compatibility with everything from bountiful accessories to cars to home theater receivers. Android just doesn't generally have that, as good as the actual devices can be (and let's face it, a lot of android phones do stink).

from the IV
    12-24-2014 11:56 AM
    if I were you I would try a few things first on your note 4 before jumping to Apple. I heard horror stories about their battery life. It's quite possible some of the apps you currently have is causing the issue. Have you tried wiping your phone? software restore usually solves a lot issues after that download apps that you normally use one at a time to see how it reacts. That's the problem with Android it's too open where people that create apps don't have them tested for all device they assume that all their apps would work with all the os and not factoring the hardware side. I had mine for over a month now and i'm loving it not only the battery is amazing it much faster then my previous phone S4. I love the big screen as well i use to make fun of people with the big screen now i don't lol i see the advantage of it and plus even with smaller hands i've gotten use to the actually size holding it too.
    12-24-2014 11:58 AM
    I'd also say try another launcher (unless you've already done that). My Note 3 and Note 4 perform(ed) sliq as glass with Nova Prime and the disabling of unloved apps.

from the IV
    12-24-2014 12:00 PM
    Now ive been an andriod user since The Evo...even with all its flaws, i thought it was the ****. Every phone after i thought the same. But lately ive been thinking about switching over to an Iphone6.

I love my Note 4, don't get me wrong but sometimes the lag/freezing/glitchiness gets frustrating. Like now, im writing this and the phone just pauses for a good 3 seconds, then unleashes a fury of words that gotten left behind lls...Unlock gitches, camera glitches etc...and it definitely isnt just mines, forums all around complain about the same.

Not looking for a comparison, just a simple, have you thought about making the switch to an Iphone?

Maybe try a more stock device first. If you want to get out of the android ecosystem altogether, then the iPhone 6 is a solid choice. Maybe try a nexus 6 first and then see if the issues you are having persist (most likely they won't)
    12-24-2014 12:46 PM
124 1234 ...