Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Has anybody though about making "The switch"?

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Now ive been an andriod user since The Evo...even with all its flaws, i thought it was the ****. Every phone after i thought the same. But lately ive been thinking about switching over to an Iphone6.

I love my Note 4, don't get me wrong but sometimes the lag/freezing/glitchiness gets frustrating. Like now, im writing this and the phone just pauses for a good 3 seconds, then unleashes a fury of words that gotten left behind lls...Unlock gitches, camera glitches etc...and it definitely isnt just mines, forums all around complain about the same.

Not looking for a comparison, just a simple, have you thought about making the switch to an Iphone?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Has anybody though about making "The switch"?

Are you talking specifically about switching from a Note 4, or from Android in general? You might have a better experience with a device that doesn't have such a heavy manufacturer skin. Consider a Moto or Nexus device, or a Google Play Edition.

Good luck with your decision!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I've seen iPhones glitch as well so for me personally, I have not considered a switch beyond fleeting thoughts. I know straight across the board they're a little bit more smooth but i've always figured that's because they don't do anything. My Note 4 never lags when I swipe through my app drawer and that's the extent of iOS. My personal preference, is that a company offer me everything they possibly can and then I use/disable/turn off what I do or don't want or need. That way, if I decide I want it, it's there. I don't need Apple or Microsoft or anyone else making my decisions for me and that's just how I see the iPhone.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Now ive been an andriod user since The Evo...even with all its flaws, i thought it was the ****. Every phone after i thought the same. But lately ive been thinking about switching over to an Iphone6.

I love my Note 4, don't get me wrong but sometimes the lag/freezing/glitchiness gets frustrating. Like now, im writing this and the phone just pauses for a good 3 seconds, then unleashes a fury of words that gotten left behind lls...Unlock gitches, camera glitches etc...and it definitely isnt just mines, forums all around complain about the same.

Not looking for a comparison, just a simple, have you thought about making the switch to an Iphone?

I have the note 4 as well. I've been a Android fan for sometime now. However, I've been thinking about Apple a lot.

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4

Last edited:

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Whether it was computers, phones, mp3 players, media players, I never had the desire to buy Apple. Seemed to allows be better alternatives for whatever I wanted. That said, I am certain that iTunes, icloud, lack of buttons to push, and capability to learn or customize had something to do with it.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

I guess if I had the issues you describe, I would contemplate switching also.
BUT....
Luckily, mine has never shown any lagging/freezing/or glitching. Other than Google Cloud Print, and it was glitchy on my other phones.
Why not something like the LG G3?

I've known people that switched TO Apple, and couldn't wait to get away. I've known Apple people that switched and couldn't wait to go back. Basically, only YOU can decide if Apple is right for you.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Nope. Not even once. My friends' iPhones have me secure in the knowledge that Android and the Galaxy line are the best for me.

SGN4 :-D

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I had a 6p before I got my note 4. Honestly I have had more serious issues with my 6p in the short time that I had it. Crashes, non functional wifi, etc. Had issues with the 5s the short time that I had it too.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Axr6

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

I would never consider switching to Apple. Their disdain for their own customers, the way they maximise their profits on the backs of those customers by purposely not providing more cost effective alternatives (SD card, replaceable battery, proprietary connectors and everything...) is a form of insult to people that use their products. I also do not appreciate how they are cheating the nation out of taxes, making the average taxpayer pay more to make up for their avoidances.

The occasional lag on my Note 4 did bug me and I seem to have gotten rid of it simply by going to Settings/Display and "Increase touch sensitivity". Besides that single issue the Note 4 is exceeding my expectations in performance and in the variety of features. The biggest differentiating factor, however, is the stylus that I use frequently, making reminders that I can pin to my home screen and making creative additions with the pen, as well as using it on web pages where the fat fingers accuracy is lacking. Oh, yes, the Note 4 is also sturdy, unlike both Apple 6s that are bending even with protective cases.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Mine does not lag or hesitate. Even if it did, Iphone would be the absolute LAST option.

MoonShade

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I came back to Android with the Note 4 after having the iPhone 5 for 2 years. Yes for the most part iPhones just work, the interface is fast and simple. That's about the extent of the pluses. And I don't consider the interface being simple as a plus since I enjoy the ability to customize with Andriod.

Truly the most recent updates to iOS by Apple have made iPhones a lot less stable and frustrating. iPhones are decent devices and if you can handle being stuck to what Apple allows you to do on the phone they're not that bad. But the Note 4 is a much better device.

furfmonkey

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

i owned a iphone 5s and bought a 6 on the first week it came out ... i also recently owned a droid turbo... i now own a note 4 as my sole phone and its the best by far... as for the lag you get try disabling certain apps that you dont use (i found plenty of tips and tricks online) i can play a full 3d game,check my email and text my wife with 0 lag... its all about setting up the phone and personalization.. but i do that with every device i own

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Mine does not lag or hesitate. Even if it did, Iphone would be the absolute LAST option.

The reason im heading in that direction is because although they may not offer much, what they do offer, is perfected. It just works...Andriod/Samsung packs these phones with features, but its like they don't test use before they release it

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The reason im heading in that direction is because although they may not offer much, what they do offer, is perfected. It just works...Andriod/Samsung packs these phones with features, but its like they don't test use before they release it

I got crashes lag, non working wifi on my 6p . it even crashed so bad that the phone was non responsive to any button. Note 4 is not perfect either has crashes and lag too. Usually with both phones, a restart fixed the issues.

If you prefer iPhones that is fine but they are not perfect. If perfection is what you are looking for then you will probably be disappointed.
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I don't consider mine a "switch", since I use my Note 4, my iPhone 6 Plus and a ton of other devices at the same time. I haven't had a problem with lag on my Note 4 and certainly not freezes. I can say good things and bad things about my iPhone 6 Plus.

My issue with an iPhone versus an Android phone is that if there is something that I don't like about an iPhone, I'm stuck with that annoyance/limitation. If there is something that I don't like about an Android phone, I can usually resolve the issue myself even without rooting it. Maybe I shouldn't have to resolve the issue myself, but at least there is an option to resolve some issues to my liking.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I would agree that some of the earlier generations were buggy and laggy to some extent. That being said, I have had absolutely no issues with my Note 4. No lag, no delay, it is smooth as can be. When comparing it to the iphone 6 that some of my family members have, it is like night and day differences. Good luck to you, I hope you find a phone you are happy with. At the end of the day that is all that matters, you being happy with what you have invested in.

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Im amazed some of you haven't had 1 hiccup/bug/glitch yet lls...but thanks, it was just a thought. I honestly can see myself getting bored with an iPhone..Not being able to take my pin out and circle things then share it would kill me

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

No offense but I wouldn't be so sure that it's "perfected". My buddy has an LG G3 for his daily driver, however he had to use an iPhone for his job, and his wife upgraded to an iPhone last summer. Both iPhones received the OTA update to iOS 8 or whatever it was, and both phones got bricked. He called in to speak to Apple Care, and they said they consider that to be a user modification and neither phone would be covered. I was with him when he called 2 other people with his carrier, and his work rep that handles the contract and they all told him to bite the wall. I've heard of at least one other circumstance where the same thing happened. The point is, give credit where credit is due. An OTA is not a user modification unless it's sideloaded.

For all this talk about iPhones "just working", I sure hear a ton of stories where they don't. (like any electronic device)

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Im amazed some of you haven't had 1 hiccup/bug/glitch yet lls...but thanks, it was just a thought. I honestly can see myself getting bored with an iPhone..Not being able to take my pin out and circle things then share it would kill me

I really do not recall any glitch or lag related to the Android OS or Samsung. Some app issues, probably, but nothing memorable. As I noted, Google print is buggy.
I switched to Nova launcher, but TouchWiz was never an issue. I just wanted more features.
I've seen others also complain about the camera. Mine usually takes awesome pictures. Yes, low light requires care.

Can the lag and such you see be related to a poor app or two?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance