it is my first day switching from my old note 2 to the new samsung note 4.
    first off I tried to use google map navi (not connected to any headphone, bluetooth or car aux). I simply increase the volume like how I used on my old note 2 and waiting for the voice guidance to start and quickly I notice the voice navigation will only be at the normal volume that I set in the beginning of each sentence and quickly drop to almost 0 volume. no matter what I did it just won't fix the problem. later I install my usual walkie talkie chat app, and it did the same thing when playing back the voice messages I received. I will only be able to hear the first 3 second of words and quickly turn silence while the message was still playing. did I got a faulty product or does anyone experience the same problem as me!! PLEASE I need HELP!!!!
    12-23-2014 12:22 AM
    I just switched from the note 2 to the note 4 today and speaker appears to be working very well accross all applications.. What do you think of the screen? I am blown away by in the improvement in color accuracy and how much whiter the whites are...
    12-23-2014 02:27 AM
    I just switched from the note 2 to the note 4 today and speaker appears to be working very well accross all applications.. What do you think of the screen? I am blown away by in the improvement in color accuracy and how much whiter the whites are...
    The screen is great but she asked for help with a different issue. Got a little off topic there. Sorry, I don't have a clue as to why you're volume is acting up.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2014 02:32 AM
    I commented on my note 4 speaker in my response to her to try to help.. Is that o.k. with you?
    12-23-2014 02:35 AM
    I commented on my note 4 speaker in my response to her to try to help.. Is that o.k. with you?
    You mentioned that your speaker works great (mine does too). That offered no direct help on the subject. But yes, it's OK with me.

12-23-2014 02:50 AM
    it is my first day switching from my old note 2 to the new samsung note 4.
    first off I tried to use google map navi (not connected to any headphone, bluetooth or car aux). I simply increase the volume like how I used on my old note 2 and waiting for the voice guidance to start and quickly I notice the voice navigation will only be at the normal volume that I set in the beginning of each sentence and quickly drop to almost 0 volume. no matter what I did it just won't fix the problem. later I install my usual walkie talkie chat app, and it did the same thing when playing back the voice messages I received. I will only be able to hear the first 3 second of words and quickly turn silence while the message was still playing. did I got a faulty product or does anyone experience the same problem as me!! PLEASE I need HELP!!!!
    Go to: Settings> then tap "device" tab> sound> volume. Make sure all your volume sliders are turned up to your liking.

12-23-2014 02:57 AM
    I tested everything and all the setting were good. anything related to playing sound acts up. I just tested on playing the default sample music, playing a youtube clip, even the default ringtone previews also only plays the first 2 seconds. which is completely not normal compare to the note 2 that I had before. I guess I might have gotten a defect... total bummer since i debated a long time to get iPhone or Note. but all else works fine.
    12-23-2014 03:12 AM
    I tested everything and all the setting were good. anything related to playing sound acts up. I just tested on playing the default sample music, playing a youtube clip, even the default ringtone previews also only plays the first 2 seconds. which is completely not normal compare to the note 2 that I had before. I guess I might have gotten a defect... total bummer since i debated a long time to get iPhone or Note. but all else works fine.
    Well, I've got nothing at this point. You might want to try a factory reset and see if that fixes it. Normally that's a pain but since you just got the Note 4 today it shouldn't be too bad. If that doesn't do the trick I would take it back and get another Note.

12-23-2014 03:24 AM
    I went from the Note 3 to the 4. Bluetooth was fine on the 3. On the 4 I get no auto connect and sometimes no connect to the car speaker at all. It also drops connections. I am getting a software 'update' every day on the 4. Hopefully Bluetooth is on Samsung's list. Audio on the 4 is a downgrade from the 3 but I have not had volume changes.
    Sounds like you have a defective 4.
    12-24-2014 06:29 PM
    Note 4 here, several months owning no drops or cracks but the volume does the same exact thing to me. First few seconds then it completely drops off. No clue why about to factory swap it's getting frigging irritating
    06-26-2015 11:50 AM
    Well, I've got nothing at this point. You might want to try a factory reset and see if that fixes it. Normally that's a pain but since you just got the Note 4 today it shouldn't be too bad. If that doesn't do the trick I would take it back and get another Note.

I agree, try a factory reset. If you don't feel like bothering with doing a factory reset, take it back and get a new phone. You can show them what it's doing and they should give you a new phone.
    06-26-2015 11:58 AM
    I agree, try a factory reset. If you don't feel like bothering with doing a factory reset, take it back and get a new phone. You can show them what it's doing and they should give you a new phone.

I had tryied that factory reset, also chache clearing, tweaking the volume up and down, also evrn turning off almost every services and pre installed app disabled. Nope not all of thats work it still force mute or sound off all of sudden even on mobile data or wifi. Two thing i haven't tried yet to root it and remove all crap pre installed app and try buying new one.

Frendly advice never buy samsung product ever since they putting out crap products they were only for computer monitor manufacturing were they are good at.
    10-12-2015 07:52 PM
    It happens. Factory reset. If that doesn't cure it, return or warranty exchange.
    10-12-2015 08:30 PM