AT&T Note 4 MMS issue...

nodlehs

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
So, for the past week or so when I receive a picture message (MMS) it just says "downloading" and will take on average 3 to 5 mins to actually display the picture. What is strange is that the message is usually only 32KB in size. I'm in a 4G LTE area. This issue happens regardless of WiFi being on or off (not that it sends or receives with WiFi anyway) only reason I mention WiFi is because someone out there seems to think MMS sends and receives that way (that was quite the debate). Searched google and didn't see too much on this issue. Hopefully someone has some input. Everything else works perfect and I've had the device since a few weeks after launch. Thanks in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App

nodlehs

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Oh, forgot to mention, I just got a new SIM card today to see if that was the problem. No dice.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Check your APN settings to ensure it is set properly. It could be set incorrectly and it isn't contacting the correct server to download it. Usually this happens when the MMSC isn't set right.

at&t apn settings - Step by Step Configuration

If you go here you can find all the information needed to verify your APN settings.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
It looks like you're trying to use Google Messenger as your SMS/MMS app.

Try using the stock app, Textra, or another SMS/MMS application. If they are also having the issue, then it is related to your phone or your carrier. If those apps are not having the issue, it is Google Messenger. For some reason, Google Messenger is having issues downloading MMS messages on a lot of phones.

nodlehs

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Update: switched over to my LG G3 and don't have the issue at all. Also, the camera on the G3 is WAY better.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Update: switched over to my LG G3 and don't have the issue at all. Also, the camera on the G3 is WAY better.

Cool, you keep the G3, and I'll buy your note 4. Lol. I have an edge, but I think the note 4 should go to a good home, where it will be lived and cared for. Lol

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich (And i'd like to point out anything but a fad or gimmick !!) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Which has a Samsung Gear S and Samsung Gear Circle paired to it. ✒✒

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn