text message box at the top of the screen

thenerdjones

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
i have only had this phone for about a week or so, and when i first got it, they transfered everything over from my old phone. The problem with that was that i had a lot of apps on my old phone that i didnt want any more, so i factory reset it a few days ago.
This is where things get intresting. before the factory reset, if i was doing something on my phone, and i got a text message. a little box would pop up that took up about the top 1/4 of my screen, from this box i could view, reply and ( iirc) discard the message, after the reset this feature has disappeared. i really liked not having to stop whatever i was doing to reply to a text message and i have searched all over the web and settings in my phone and for the life of me can not find how to turn this back on. Anyone have any suggestions?

George Collins1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Go into the settings area, scroll down to where the messages app is listed, open the messages settings, scroll down to notifications, and there is a toggle for pop up window.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
i have only had this phone for about a week or so, and when i first got it, they transfered everything over from my old phone. The problem with that was that i had a lot of apps on my old phone that i didnt want any more, so i factory reset it a few days ago.
This is where things get intresting. before the factory reset, if i was doing something on my phone, and i got a text message. a little box would pop up that took up about the top 1/4 of my screen, from this box i could view, reply and ( iirc) discard the message, after the reset this feature has disappeared. i really liked not having to stop whatever i was doing to reply to a text message and i have searched all over the web and settings in my phone and for the life of me can not find how to turn this back on. Anyone have any suggestions?

it is a setting in the Messaging App. open the app>>setting (3 dots top right)>>(tap)notifications>>(select)pop-up display.

thenerdjones

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
i was using the default messaging app though, and messaging box that popped up look exactly like the one that still pops up when i get a phone call, instead of changing the whole screen to the incoming call screen, the caller id, answer and ignore, the box was the same size and layout. so why would that one still work and not the text messaging one if it were an app

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Now, if they can only add a "mark as read" option so that it still doesn't show as an unread message when you go into the app later or get a new message. I had this option on my Galaxy Nexus, but Samsung still doesn't have it? Absurd.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip!! I always liked the text box that dropped down on the G3 and I had absolutely no idea the Note 4 could do the same thing!

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Now, if they can only add a "mark as read" option so that it still doesn't show as an unread message when you go into the app later or get a new message. I had this option on my Galaxy Nexus, but Samsung still doesn't have it? Absurd.

This is why I use Textra.

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

Yeah that is really annoying.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that is really annoying.

Mine clears the text when I either reply or x out of the notification.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich (And i'd like to point out anything but a fad or gimmick !!) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Which has a Samsung Gear S and Samsung Gear Circle paired to it. ✒✒

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine clears the text when I either reply or x out of the notification.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich (And i'd like to point out anything but a fad or gimmick !!) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Which has a Samsung Gear S and Samsung Gear Circle paired to it. ✒✒

I wish. My Sprint version only clears the notification after I actively open the text box. Annoying.

SGN4 :-D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital