Is there any way to get the Camera to take faster pictures?

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
As the title asks, does anyone know how to make the Note 4 take faster pictures without Rooting? Waiting 2-3 seconds from when I press the button to the picture being taken didn't seem that bad of a problem, until I tried taking quick pictures or others try to use my phone. Whenever I ask people to take a picture with my phone, they always move the phone before the camera takes the pic because they're not used to a cellphone taking that long to "click."

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You could try using a 3rd party camera or 'Sports Mode' for faster shooting (but this really reduces the amount of light that the camera lets in). But mine doesn't take that long. The picture is taken almost instantly. Sure, if there's movement and not a lot of light, the 'intelligent' shutter kicks in and may cause blur with moving subjects or someone with a really bad pulse but still not that bad.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. My camera takes pictures instantly. But I guess I am rooted... And I have no idea what optimizations the Dev of this rom has done to improve the camera. But even in Stock it was quick for me so I'm not sure why you have a pause. But yeah I'd try a different camera app. Maybe try the Google Camera in the playstore?

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
As the title asks, does anyone know how to make the Note 4 take faster pictures without Rooting? Waiting 2-3 seconds from when I press the button to the picture being taken didn't seem that bad of a problem, until I tried taking quick pictures or others try to use my phone. Whenever I ask people to take a picture with my phone, they always move the phone before the camera takes the pic because they're not used to a cellphone taking that long to "click."

I've noticed that changing the metering mode can have an affect on how long it takes to snap a picture. I know that there are a number of settings that come into play, but for me, for an auto-exposure photo without flash, center-weighted is almost instantaneous. YMMV.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
hmm, I just tried taking a series of pictures at my desk and they actually came out pretty fast. I'll have to try in different lighting - I know that I've seen it take slow pictures when I'm at home so I'll try there.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
In auto mode, just hold down the button on the screen for the shutter, or hold down the volume key for the shutter.

That will enable "burst" mode and you can take up to 30 shots at once.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463