Anyone using ART on the note 4 ? Does it seem like there is a slight increase in speed or an increase or decrease in battery life ?

Posted via my Samsung GALAXY NOTE 4
    12-24-2014 01:17 PM
    Is there an option to switch to ART on the Note 4? Because last I checked Samsung had disabled it.

Anyways switching to ART helps in general day to day fluidity be it app opening, multitasking, scrolling and the like...

Battery life remains more of the same but apps start to take a bit more storage.

All in all, enabling ART is worth it.

Please leave a thanks if you think I helped!
    12-24-2014 01:24 PM
    Is there an option to switch to ART on the Note 4? Because last I checked Samsung had disabled it.

Anyways switching to ART helps in general day to day fluidity be it app opening, multitasking, scrolling and the like...

Battery life remains more of the same but apps start to take a bit more storage.

Yea you go to developer options.
    anyone using ART runtime ?-tempfileforshare_2014-12-24-11-30-52.jpg
    12-24-2014 01:32 PM
    Yea just look at what breezy posted. Just go to ur developer settings and look at runtime. Click ART runtime and it will take about 15 or so minutes to be optimized for all the apps.

12-24-2014 01:40 PM
    Yea just look at what breezy posted. Just go to ur developer settings and look at runtime. Click ART runtime and it will take about 15 or so minutes to be optimized for all the apps.

Ive heard about random reboots? Anyone expierence the same?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-24-2014 01:52 PM
    Ive heard about random reboots? Anyone expierence the same?

When I restart my phone 50% of the time, it says optimising app.

Posted via my amazing Note 4 paired with my Moto360
    12-24-2014 01:57 PM
    The battery life was awful for me. And took forever to restart.

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    12-24-2014 02:48 PM
    The ART that's in Kitkat was never really meant to be used daily. Wait for Lollipop.
    12-24-2014 03:30 PM
    The ART that's in Kitkat was never really meant to be used daily. Wait for Lollipop.
    I used it on my G3 and and my 1+ and everything was flawless, don't know why the note 4 has these bugs... I won't change to ART than I guess... Did however changed animation to 0.5 on my first day of use.

12-24-2014 03:48 PM
    The battery life was awful for me. And took forever to restart.

Yeah it took 30 minutes to restart and killed 20% of the battery. A couple apps were force closing so I switched back to Dalvik.
    12-24-2014 04:13 PM
    It didn't play nice with S Health or my S cover, So I switched back.

Posted via the Android Central App,
    AT&T Note 4!
    12-24-2014 04:57 PM
    It is horrible on the Note 4. Recompiles all of the apps on every reboot (super inconvenient when I am switching batteries multiple times a week) and uses 15% to 20% of battery on every reboot.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    12-24-2014 07:15 PM
    how did you switch back? Do I have to wait until it finishes upgrading or can I go into recovery mode?
    01-05-2015 05:11 PM
    how did you switch back? Do I have to wait until it finishes upgrading or can I go into recovery mode?
    Wait.
    01-05-2015 05:19 PM
    I finally got it back to normal....phew

01-05-2015 06:11 PM
    I use ART and have had no problems except that it reoptimizes all of the apps on every reboot, which takes some time to do. I do not reboot often though so it doesn't bother me enough to switch back to Dalvik. I figure Lollipop will be here soon enough, but if I had to reboot often such as for switching batteries I'd go back to Dalvik.

jimd1050 likes this.
    01-06-2015 07:33 AM
    Yea. When I restart the phone says "Android is upgrading" and says it is optimizing each app. First time I got a number for how many apps I have on a phone but I have no clue weather anything is really going on.
    01-06-2015 10:22 AM
    I suggest waiting until the Lollipop upgrade to give it a try.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-06-2015 03:04 PM
    I use ART and have had no problems except that it reoptimizes all of the apps on every reboot, which takes some time to do. I do not reboot often though so it doesn't bother me enough to switch back to Dalvik. I figure Lollipop will be here soon enough, but if I had to reboot often such as for switching batteries I'd go back to Dalvik.

I agree "Gerry" - I have been running ART for about a week and like it. Haven't had any issues but haven't had to and usually don't reboot very often. This morning, I brought up the Facebook App for the first time since I switched (I've been using my Browser for FB) - it acted like there was going to be a problem "Facebook is being configured" message for about 2 or 3 minutes. Finally started and has been fine since - that's it. Every other one of my Apps have worked fine with it AND it does open them quicker! C'mon Lollipop!

Jim D
    01-08-2015 04:59 PM
    Rooted running CM12, so yes

01-08-2015 05:01 PM
    Yea. When I restart the phone says "Android is upgrading" and says it is optimizing each app. First time I got a number for how many apps I have on a phone but I have no clue weather anything is really going on.
    Wow... I rebooted this morning just for the sake of a clean-out reboot... you're right. It took about 7 minutes to process 98 applications. The original switch over, there were 350+ Apps and it took like 25 minutes - and, it eats battery big time (just like they say)!
    01-12-2015 10:56 AM

Aren't you on wpc?

Sent from my glorious note 4.
    02-10-2015 07:56 PM