With all the new iterations and battery saving options they seemed to still sip battery like crazy.
    So I wanna ask a couple of questions.
    If I root my note 4 will I lose the stylus or the S health?
    If I root my note 4 will I make it last longer?

I can't help but compare the Note 4 w/ the Iphone 6+ cause I hate to say it, it last alot longer than Note 4.
    Note 4 has a bigger phone although its hampered because Android is inefficient, Samsung has the tendency to bloat its products and that the note for a more sensors like pedometer and heart rate monitor on its site.
    But Iphone has reduce its battery size and still perform exactly the same thing.
    12-24-2014 09:52 PM
    No, you probably shouldn't. The decision to root or not to should be based on knowing what specifically you're trying to accomplish by doing so and having a very solid understanding of the processes, risks and rewards. http://www.androidcentral.com/there-no-magic-root
    Will you lose functionality? - No. Not unless you flash a different ROM.
    Will the battery last longer? - No.
    12-25-2014 07:09 AM
    Well if I am able to remove un wanted stuff running on the background maybe?
    I mean I do that w/ my Ipad all the time. They call it speed daemon hack which you remove stuff you really don't need.
    And it works and extends battery life.
    12-25-2014 11:23 AM
    That same impact can be realized by just disabling and/or uninstalling the apps that you don't want running.
    MightyMike and akutch34 like this.
    12-25-2014 11:36 AM
    havent needed to root the notes. IMO, there is no need for ME.
    12-25-2014 07:12 PM
    I have needed seen the need to root a smartphone. Thr Note is so awesome I wouldn't want to anyway.
    12-25-2014 08:45 PM
    My rooting days are over with the arrival of the note 4. Maybe in a year time if I get bored I can start thinking of root again. But for now I see no benefit for rooting this phone. I get an average of 7 hours sot and the phone is fast enough for me. So rooting is on hold for now.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    plumcrazy likes this.
    12-26-2014 12:49 AM
    With all the new iterations and battery saving options they seemed to still sip battery like crazy.
    So I wanna ask a couple of questions.
    If I root my note 4 will I lose the stylus or the S health?
    If I root my note 4 will I make it last longer?

I can't help but compare the Note 4 w/ the Iphone 6+ cause I hate to say it, it last alot longer than Note 4.
    Note 4 has a bigger phone although its hampered because Android is inefficient, Samsung has the tendency to bloat its products and that the note for a more sensors like pedometer and heart rate monitor on its site.
    But Iphone has reduce its battery size and still perform exactly the same thing.
    If idle battery life is your main priority then the iPhone 6 plus is excellent. But it isn't the exact same thing, the iPhone has very limited multi tasking. It can't even download Spotify without stopping when running in the background. IPhones are very limited in running power consuming tasks in the background or screen off. That is why it gets such good idle - by heavily restricting background tasks. When using the screen on, both devices use about 12% an hour in similar tasks and brightness.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-26-2014 01:41 AM