How do I write on back of photo?

canes78

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
How to write on back of photo

I just upgraded from the Note 2 to the T-Mobile Note 4. One of my favorite features of the Note 2 was being able to write on the back of a photo. So far with my Note 4, I can only figure out how to write on the front of a photo, which when you're taking vacation pictures, obviously defaces the photo. Can someone help me figure out how to write on the back of a photo with the s-pen? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to write on back of photo

I can't even imagine "the back of a photo", because the file contains the data to create a picture, it's not a piece of paper that the photo is on. Maybe the app you used in the Note 2 had a functioon that associated a text file "note" with the picture file.

gilsoncav

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

I confess that this nostalgic idea clicks some buttons, but I doubt it would be practical. Suppose that you find a software to do that, you wouldn't have a seamless sync to a photo library software on your desktop, for example.

ahhChu

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I just upgraded from the Note 2 to the T-Mobile Note 4. One of my favorite features of the Note 2 was being able to write on the back of a photo. So far with my Note 4, I can only figure out how to write on the front of a photo, which when you're taking vacation pictures, obviously defaces the photo. Can someone help me figure out how to write on the back of a photo with the s-pen? Thanks.

I've been wondering the same thing. I loved that feature on my s4. I hope Samsung did not remove that feature.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

And I came from the Note 3. I forgot what the function was called, but you could flip the picture over and write on the back of it. I found it very useful for vacationing. U take a pic, flip it to jot down things like bits of history, details, etc. I guess it could be done using the screen write feature, but it was better to scribble on the back of it. It appears to be gone because I've searched high and low to no avail. I hope one of you finds it and help us out!

SGN4 :-D

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

This was so intriguing that I fired up the S4 to see if I could find the feature. It is indeed there! Called "photo note" and is accessed from the menu key after selecting an image in the gallery. After annotating, the image shows a turned down corner..

Now to try and find it among the settings on the note..........

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

I don't see it anywhere. I just put a tag on the picture and then it is there when you rock the more info tab.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

I had forgotten about this on my S4, and never used it.
I just checked my Note 4. Opened a photo. Tapped the settings dots, then 'More Info'. Selected "edit', then go to "tags". That lets you view/enter short tags, which is better than nothing.
Great ideas, but I would always forget to use it. Geotags are useful to me, because they are automatic.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

There is no longer a menu key on the Note 4.

Long press the recent apps botton, that is your new menu key

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich (And i'd like to point out anything but a fad or gimmick !!) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Which has a Samsung Gear S and Samsung Gear Circle paired to it. ✒✒

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton