01-02-2015 07:41 AM
58 123
tools
    And by the way...none of your question s are stupid. We are all here to get help and give help. Without all the questions No one would help anyone and everyone would think everything is fine.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-26-2014 11:33 AM
    It should be the same effect. That's What it's designed to do. I have fast charging enable and leave it plugged up all night. If I have to get up early I charge it at my bed So I have the alarm. That's a VERY old charger. It's adaptive fast charging So it's fine either way.

The only thing I changed in dev options was the animations. I turned them off. Others say it runs faster at .5 or 1.5. It may help with battery life, Just try one one day and see how you like it. I want fast So I turned them off. After trying them all over a week, that was my observation . My battery life seems to be better too. I think Nova Prime help a bit on the battery too.

The one poster said they got 6 days battery life ...that is exceptional and sweet. Having always had the worst phone in the crowd I am accustom to getting 8 hours battery from a phone (100%-0%). So you can imagine that I am estatic at 18-24 hours on a battery and that's 100‰ to 30%. But I leave everything on. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, location...all push notifications... everything. I'm good where I am at and I hope you get it to where you want to be too.

ok i got it thank you for the explanation and i hope too also , i think in heavy use of gaming/whatsapp/notes and all the rest i get like 6-8 hours also.
    i hope its will be better.
    and about the dev options do you maybe know about what happend to me yesterday?

when i turn on devs optons and when i turn off the scale animation the screen start to flickering on red colors, after 5-10 sec its stopped and never happend again.
    should i have to worried? btw like i said i already removed/hide the devs options from settings (clear data settings did that)

i found a picture from another website of the same problem thats happend to me but for nexus,

Your standby / idle is normal.

Everyone's usage is different. But most certainly 3-6 days of heavy usage is not possible. By heavy usage, I am referring to 5-8 hours SOT per day. The problem is that the definition of heavy varies from person to person.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    standby- overnight without use the note right? idle is use the phone heavy apps? game?vidoes/youtube?
    SOT is? and yes 5-8 hours heavy use its same to me so i think i good thank you.
    and if you have more tips to keep the battery life i will glad to hear that.

Yes.

No, I mean normal/heavy phone/battery use (= internet, calling, texting, chatting, email, apps, but no obsessive gaming, no long hours of video or streaming; when I want/need that I'm on USB). In battery/power saving mode a full charge lasts 10 days Plus (no video, no streaming, no gaming).

Like I said: 3 to 6 days. With continuous video play, gaming, or streaming 5 to 7 hours.
    oh k nice, i will glad to hear from you some tips to keep the battery life longer also. thanks!

Right I don't stream movies or play games on my note 4. usually do Web browsing, Tapatalk, email, hangouts on heavy days is around 5-8 hours. No way I could get 48 hours SOT over 6 days of heavy usage. In fact, I would be lucky to get 1 day of heavy usage, and probably won't even achieve 8 hours SOT.

What is SOT? and ok so if i get 5-8 hours of using my note is good?

1st off, congrats on your brand new, Note 4 & welcome to AC!
    *RAM: DON'T worry about the usage being hi. Android is meant to work that way. It keeps your most frequently used apps running in the background so they will load quicker when you go to access them. In Android they say "unused RAM, is wasted RAM!"
    *Battery A great Battery Saver on the Play Store is 2 Battery, offers both a free & paid version. Have used both, but IMO this app's worth few bucks & the developer is very responsive with issues/?s.
    *F/C Apps: There's no need to be force closing your apps out allthe time. Not unless something isn't operating correctly or is "stuck" loading or something of that nature. You can simply tap your recent apps button & close any apps you no longer will be using.
    Display: As far as brightness goes, I prefer to manually adjust my screen as opposed to the auto setting. For me, I find the display workable @ a pretty low brightness.
    Of course, three are just my opinions & views. Everyone will have their own methods, settings & opinions on what's the best way to do these things. My best advise is...read the replies, tinker with your device settings & you'll find what you like and works best for you. That's one of the many fabulous things about Android, is it's ability to customize to the user! Enjoy your new device!!!

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    thank you!
    its good to hear about the ram "force stop" and everything else there i really dont like to keep closing there apps haha.
    and i hear to download apps for battery is doesnt good for battery and most of the apps is fakes. is it true?

And by the way...none of your question s are stupid. We are all here to get help and give help. Without all the questions No one would help anyone and everyone would think everything is fine.

thank you!

guys i really glad i found this forum, so many nice ppls over here thank you for everything.
    i have a few general questions,

1. what is SOT/idle?
    2. 5-8 hours of battery life is good while im using whatsapp/vidoes/games?
    3. when i playing (poker/something elese) its like every 2-3 min 1% drops its ok?
    4.when i turn on devs optons and when i turn off the scale animation the screen start to flickering on red colors, after 5-10 sec its stopped and never happend again.
    should i have to worried? do a reset settings? what? btw like i said i already removed/hide the devs options from settings (clear data settings did that)

i found a picture from another website of the same problem thats happend to me but for nexus,

i noticed thats when i spoke so many time on voice calls the screen drops to 10% and the voice calls raised what thats means?

thanks guys again!
    12-26-2014 11:59 AM
    SOT = screen on time

12-26-2014 12:06 PM
    its less than hour 15%, i heard note 4 can 10+ hours i really dont know.
    and when you say "without dropping the battery to 0%" do you recommend to charage the phone before he turns off?
    and about the usage its effect on the battery life?
    btw thats all i did in the screen settings,

settings- display screen - mode - basic.
    enable auto adjust screen tone.
    smart stay enable.
    daydream off
    touch light key duration 1.5s
    screen timeout 15s
    brightness -5 auto

still is 63% why it isnt drop? do i have to wait?charge? what?

thanks
    First congrats, the Note 4 at this point, IMO, is the best smartphone on the market.

On the battery bit, others will give you tips to save battery, so I am just going to let you know that the Note 4 has a removable battery. A big plus! I carry at least 1 spare, on trips I might have two or 3.. I don't NEVER worry about how much juice of how much battery power is being taken, for the simple fact, I can swap out battery and be back at 100% in 10 seconds..

So, get a spare battery and charger, and you are ready for the bear!!!
    MightyMike likes this.
    12-26-2014 01:20 PM
    You are correct. I need to do this myself. And batteries are plenty cheap enough.

12-26-2014 01:24 PM
    SOT = screen on time

oh ok great thanks.

First congrats, the Note 4 at this point, IMO, is the best smartphone on the market.

On the battery bit, others will give you tips to save battery, so I am just going to let you know that the Note 4 has a removable battery. A big plus! I carry at least 1 spare, on trips I might have two or 3.. I don't NEVER worry about how much juice of how much battery power is being taken, for the simple fact, I can swap out battery and be back at 100% in 10 seconds..

So, get a spare battery and charger, and you are ready for the bear!!!
    haha you right but before i want to swap the battery i want the battery will be good

guys anyone can look previous posts to see what happend me in dev mode (red flickering) if it ok?
    and one more question. my home button make some noises/clicking noises when i click on him sometimes is normal?

thanks!
    12-27-2014 05:46 AM
    ok i got it thank you for the explanation and i hope too also , i think in heavy use of gaming/whatsapp/notes and all the rest i get like 6-8 hours also.
    i hope its will be better.
    and about the dev options do you maybe know about what happend to me yesterday?

when i turn on devs optons and when i turn off the scale animation the screen start to flickering on red colors, after 5-10 sec its stopped and never happend again.
    should i have to worried? btw like i said i already removed/hide the devs options from settings (clear data settings did that)

standby- overnight without use the note right? idle is use the phone heavy apps? game?vidoes/youtube?
    SOT is? and yes 5-8 hours heavy use its same to me so i think i good thank you.
    and if you have more tips to keep the battery life i will glad to hear that.

its good to hear about the ram "force stop" and everything else there i really dont like to keep closing there apps haha.
    and i hear to download apps for battery is doesnt good for battery and most of the apps is fakes. is it true?

thank you!

guys i really glad i found this forum, so many nice ppls over here thank you for everything.
    i have a few general questions,

1. what is SOT/idle?
    2. 5-8 hours of battery life is good while im using whatsapp/vidoes/games?
    3. when i playing (poker/something elese) its like every 2-3 min 1% drops its ok?
    4.when i turn on devs optons and when i turn off the scale animation the screen start to flickering on red colors, after 5-10 sec its stopped and never happend again.
    should i have to worried? do a reset settings? what? btw like i said i already removed/hide the devs options from settings (clear data settings did that)

i noticed thats when i spoke so many time on voice calls the screen drops to 10% and the voice calls raised what thats means?

thanks guys again!
    OK...I looked it up in AC across forums and the only mention of red flashing screen was No biggie. If its not doing it now then dont worry. If it persist then reboot phone. If it persist after that then do a battery pull, if it continues after that then do a factory reset. It really seemed as a non issue as long as it didn't continue.

I do Not recall the red flashing screen when I turned off my animations...but I may have been drinking and didn't notice...Lol.

If youre playing poker online...that will kill the battery time. But if it's something you like to do then don't stop because it kills the battery. Just know you need to juice it up when finished.

You should be able to leave dev options on and it shouldn't be a problem unless someone else can get in your phone and mess with stuff.

I don't think it's a great idea to turn off location. If your phone is stolen I do Not believe you can locate it on google website if that option is off. I could be wrong about that...someone else should chime it for conformation.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    12-27-2014 01:49 PM
    OK...I looked it up in AC across forums and the only mention of red flashing screen was No biggie. If its not doing it now then dont worry. If it persist then reboot phone. If it persist after that then do a battery pull, if it continues after that then do a factory reset. It really seemed as a non issue as long as it didn't continue.

I do Not recall the red flashing screen when I turned off my animations...but I may have been drinking and didn't notice...Lol.

If youre playing poker online...that will kill the battery time. But if it's something you like to do then don't stop because it kills the battery. Just know you need to juice it up when finished.

You should be able to leave dev options on and it shouldn't be a problem unless someone else can get in your phone and mess with stuff.

I don't think it's a great idea to turn off location. If your phone is stolen I do Not believe you can locate it on google website if that option is off. I could be wrong about that...someone else should chime it for conformation.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    thank you very much man, its good to know about the flickering screen.
    btw how can i do factory reset and if i do its delete all my phone? whatsapp history? pictures and stuffs?
    and ok its a good idea about the location settings i will put it on from stolen.
    last question, my home button start to do noises/clicking noises sometimes it is normal?
    12-27-2014 02:25 PM
    Factory reset...easiest to me..turn the device off. Hold the volume key and the home button at the same time. While doing So turn the device on. When the phone comes on use the volume down key to "factory reset"...short press power button.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    12-27-2014 02:34 PM
    OK...got ahead of myself...it's a new phone and the home button will wear after a few weeks and the click should go away. Mine was tight and loud at first but has become much more ergonimically friendly in last few weeks.

Yes...factory reset will delete it all. At least on my old phone....never done it on my Note and hope Not to. Only use that as a last resort. It's a pain to get everything back the way you like it.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    12-27-2014 02:40 PM
    its effect on the battery life or it is the same if i charage it without the "fast charging" option?

ok thanks for the information, if you have more topics for the noobies i will glad to read them.

yes i thought so also about the battery but i guess its will be better in coming days.
    and when you say "SD card" you mean at application settings? where its all/running/active?sd card? close there apps its save battery?
    and btw how long you use your note from 100%? medium using.

and questions to everyone,

i use this settings in screen - power saving,

settings- display screen - mode - basic.
    enable auto adjust screen tone.
    smart stay enable.
    daydream off
    touch light key duration 1.5s
    screen timeout 15s

btw,
    when i enable the devs options i after 5-10 sec my screen start to flickering on red color and then its stops. you know what is it? its happend to me only one time but i worried its did something to the system.

thanks guys!
    Never happened to me. I'm on my second note 3
    12-27-2014 02:49 PM
    guys any one can help me with few more questions?
    1. fast charging settings drains/drops the battery faster?
    2. my home button starts to do clicking noises its normal?
    3. antivirus is recommend for the note 4? i downloaded avs its ok or not necessary?
    4. i put my mobile networks - network mode WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) its mean no 4G, its saves more battery? cuz the lte/WCDMA/GSM (4G) not always show on my device. what should i put and if its saves battery?

thanks guys!
    12-29-2014 05:55 AM
    Fast charging won't drain the battery faster.

There is a noise when clicking on the home button, but you can go to the store where there is a demo to see if it is an abnormal sound.

I don't have anti virus but at the same time I don't do risky behavior.

It depends on the signal strength of 4g vs 3g. A strong lte signal can use less battery than a very weak 3g signal. Also, downloading large files over a weak 3g signal with very slow speeds would use more power than over a very strong lte signal with fast speeds.

12-29-2014 10:13 AM
    Fast charging won't drain the battery faster.

There is a noise when clicking on the home button, but you can go to the store where there is a demo to see if it is an abnormal sound.

I don't have anti virus but at the same time I don't do risky behavior.

It depends on the signal strength of 4g vs 3g. A strong lte signal can use less battery than a very weak 3g signal. Also, downloading large files over a weak 3g signal with very slow speeds would use more power than over a very strong lte signal with fast speeds.

oh really? ( about the fast charging) i heard from so many sources its drains faster but ok if you say so
    about the clicking noises, good to know and i noticed that left/right sides less noises than the center and the noise sound from the center its like the button harder but everything works great.i really have to know if its normal.
    and ok i get it about the 3/4gb but my question is that, where i live the 4G is not so support Only parts of the cities, so i dont know if to put on the LTE or no (now only 3G is on)

thanks!
    12-29-2014 02:13 PM
    oh really? ( about the fast charging) i heard from so many sources its drains faster but ok if you say so
    about the clicking noises, good to know and i noticed that left/right sides less noises than the center and the noise sound from the center its like the button harder but everything works great.i really have to know if its normal.
    and ok i get it about the 3/4gb but my question is that, where i live the 4G is not so support Only parts of the cities, so i dont know if to put on the LTE or no (now only 3G is on)

thanks!
    If you are in an area without lte support then you can put it in 3g/4g mode. Not sure if it would make a huge difference though. I have used my phone charged though fast charging and sometimes though regular... It seems to drain 6 same to me

12-29-2014 02:28 PM
    If you are in an area without lte support then you can put it in 3g/4g mode. Not sure if it would make a huge difference though. I have used my phone charged though fast charging and sometimes though regular... It seems to drain 6 same to me

so the 3g/4g mode will be the same like the 3g mode if i dont have 4g in my area? i mean from signal/battery?
    and ok i will try without a fast charging to check what going on.
    one more question, how long the battery hold for you with heavy use? i mean whatsapp/games/internet browser/voice calls?

thanks again!
    12-29-2014 03:43 PM
    so the 3g/4g mode will be the same like the 3g mode if i dont have 4g in my area? i mean from signal/battery?
    and ok i will try without a fast charging to check what going on.
    one more question, how long the battery hold for you with heavy use? i mean whatsapp/games/internet browser/voice calls?

thanks again!
    You can try to see if the battery life is different on 4g vs 3g only , but I guess it would be very minor.

5-6 hours SOT and 12 hours idle in a typical day for me . can go up or down depending on specific usage

12-29-2014 04:18 PM
    You can try to see if the battery life is different on 4g vs 3g only , but I guess it would be very minor.

5-6 hours SOT and 12 hours idle in a typical day for me . can go up or down depending on specific usage

1. so if i dont have 4g in my area so to put it on 3g only? (WCDMA/GSM) its will be better?

2. And about the sor/idle let me understand something, SOT = Screen On Time thats i already know buts whats is really means? is playing games/apps/internet/whatsapp and everything else?
    and idle is when im dont use my phone? (Do not use it at allׁׁׂ)
    if yes so my SOT is like 5-6 hours and about the idle i checked it while im sleeping i had 100% i woke up after 8-9 hours and the phone was 93% ( i had some voice calls and whatsapp messagesi didnt answer during the night)
    if is not what i say so i will glad for explanation.
    here is some screen shots from my power saving in settings, i will be glad if someone can tell me if its ok,

power saving:
    finally got my note 4, a few questions-nqs27a.jpg

screen use details:
    finally got my note 4, a few questions-w7nf4g.jpg

history deatils: (what is the yellowgreen/gray in the network signal? thats mean i have a bad signal?)
    finally got my note 4, a few questions-ofoyg0.jpg

my settings in display are:
    fast charging : off (just turned it off to check charging without it, still didnt charge it while it off i will test it soon)
    brightness - auto -5
    screen rotation - on
    smart stay - on
    screen timeout - 15 seconds
    screen mode - basic
    auto adjust screen tone - on
    daydream - off
    led indictator - on
    touch key light duration - 1.5 seconds
    increate touch senstivity: off

sounds settings:

vibrate when ringing: on
    dailing keypad tone: off
    touch sounds: off
    screen lock sound: off
    haptic feedback: off
    sound when tapped: on
    vibrate when tapped: off

location: off (This is related to the battery? or should i put it on?)

what should i do more?
    I will be happy with the recommendations.

3.today i was in the sunlight and the screen was colorful its normal? i heard its beacuse the auto brightness.
    and here is a sub question, auto brightness -5 is good for battery or should i put +5 auto or to cancel the auto and put in on the middle? what is the best?

thanks!
    12-30-2014 09:33 AM
    You can put it in 3g if you want.

Yellow means weaker signal. Your battery life looks OK considering that you are playing games.

About 1% drop per hour idle is normal.

12-30-2014 10:38 AM
    You can put it in 3g if you want.

Yellow means weaker signal. Your battery life looks OK considering that you are playing games.

About 1% drop per hour idle is normal.

ok thank you im glad to hear that,
    and about my settings they ok?

my settings in display are:
    fast charging : off (just turned it off to check charging without it, still didnt charge it while it off i will test it soon)
    brightness - auto -5
    screen rotation - on
    smart stay - on
    screen timeout - 15 seconds
    screen mode - basic
    auto adjust screen tone - on
    daydream - off
    led indictator - on
    touch key light duration - 1.5 seconds
    increate touch senstivity: off

sounds settings:

vibrate when ringing: on
    dailing keypad tone: off
    touch sounds: off
    screen lock sound: off
    haptic feedback: off
    sound when tapped: on
    vibrate when tapped: off

location: off (This is related to the battery? or should i put it on?)
    and this,
    3.today i was in the sunlight and the screen was colorful its normal? i heard its beacuse the auto brightness.
    and here is a sub question, auto brightness -5 is good for battery or should i put +5 auto or to cancel the auto and put in on the middle? what is the best option for brightness?
    12-30-2014 10:45 AM
    Settings look ok. I don't have smart stay on but it is up to you. In outdoor bright sunlight , it will activate sunlight mode, which I like to call neon mode.

-5 would give the best battery life

12-30-2014 04:40 PM
    Settings look ok. I don't have smart stay on but it is up to you. In outdoor bright sunlight , it will activate sunlight mode, which I like to call neon mode.

-5 would give the best battery life

ok thank you very much you helped me alot!
    i have a last question, if i do reset ( like a restore of iphone) its called wipe yes? there is any way i can backup all the apps/contacts/whatsapp history/pictures? THERE IS SOMETHING LIKE iCloud? its google sync or something?
    12-31-2014 06:51 AM
    ok thank you very much you helped me alot!
    i have a last question, if i do reset ( like a restore of iphone) its called wipe yes? there is any way i can backup all the apps/contacts/whatsapp history/pictures? THERE IS SOMETHING LIKE iCloud? its google sync or something?
    Not exactly. Assuming that you are using Google contacts then it will be synced your Google account. If not then you can export the contacts to usb and import them into Gmail on the desktop browser. You can also use ease backup to backup contacts, sms mms.

Helium can backup app and app data. If you set Google plus to backup your pictures then they would be on your Google account. If not then you can either upload them to your Google account or put them on the sd card or copy them to a computer. Copy whatever you need like documents or other files from the internal memory to sd card or to a computer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    12-31-2014 10:52 AM
    Not exactly. Assuming that you are using Google contacts then it will be synced your Google account. If not then you can export the contacts to usb and import them into Gmail on the desktop browser. You can also use ease backup to backup contacts, sms mms.

Helium can backup app and app data. If you set Google plus to backup your pictures then they would be on your Google account. If not then you can either upload them to your Google account or put them on the sd card or copy them to a computer. Copy whatever you need like documents or other files from the internal memory to sd card or to a computer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    ok so the contacts i will use some app or gmail contacts (do you know good app for contacts?)
    about the pictures i will transfer them to the computer, apps never mind i will redownload them, you know about the whatsapp chat history its will save automatic? or do i have to use whatsappmigrator? (i used it from iphone 5 to the note 4 )
    i just asked i dont gonna wipe now
    thanks again.
    12-31-2014 11:21 AM
    Ease back up will backup contacts if you don't want to use Google contacts. Make sure to copy the backup to the computer before wiping.

Not sure about whatsapp. I have never used it

12-31-2014 11:30 AM
58 123