finally got my note 4, a few questions

NetNet5

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
If you are in an area without lte support then you can put it in 3g/4g mode. Not sure if it would make a huge difference though. I have used my phone charged though fast charging and sometimes though regular... It seems to drain 6 same to me

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

so the 3g/4g mode will be the same like the 3g mode if i dont have 4g in my area? i mean from signal/battery?
and ok i will try without a fast charging to check what going on.
one more question, how long the battery hold for you with heavy use? i mean whatsapp/games/internet browser/voice calls?

thanks again!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
so the 3g/4g mode will be the same like the 3g mode if i dont have 4g in my area? i mean from signal/battery?
and ok i will try without a fast charging to check what going on.
one more question, how long the battery hold for you with heavy use? i mean whatsapp/games/internet browser/voice calls?

thanks again!
You can try to see if the battery life is different on 4g vs 3g only , but I guess it would be very minor.

5-6 hours SOT and 12 hours idle in a typical day for me . can go up or down depending on specific usage

NetNet5

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
You can try to see if the battery life is different on 4g vs 3g only , but I guess it would be very minor.

5-6 hours SOT and 12 hours idle in a typical day for me . can go up or down depending on specific usage

1. so if i dont have 4g in my area so to put it on 3g only? (WCDMA/GSM) its will be better?

2. And about the sor/idle let me understand something, SOT = Screen On Time thats i already know buts whats is really means? is playing games/apps/internet/whatsapp and everything else?
and idle is when im dont use my phone? (Do not use it at allׁׁׂ)
if yes so my SOT is like 5-6 hours and about the idle i checked it while im sleeping i had 100% i woke up after 8-9 hours and the phone was 93% ( i had some voice calls and whatsapp messagesi didnt answer during the night)
if is not what i say so i will glad for explanation.
here is some screen shots from my power saving in settings, i will be glad if someone can tell me if its ok,

power saving:
nqs27a.jpg

screen use details:
w7nf4g.jpg

history deatils: (what is the yellowgreen/gray in the network signal? thats mean i have a bad signal?)
ofoyg0.jpg

my settings in display are:
fast charging : off (just turned it off to check charging without it, still didnt charge it while it off i will test it soon)
brightness - auto -5
screen rotation - on
smart stay - on
screen timeout - 15 seconds
screen mode - basic
auto adjust screen tone - on
daydream - off
led indictator - on
touch key light duration - 1.5 seconds
increate touch senstivity: off

sounds settings:

vibrate when ringing: on
dailing keypad tone: off
touch sounds: off
screen lock sound: off
haptic feedback: off
sound when tapped: on
vibrate when tapped: off

location: off (This is related to the battery? or should i put it on?)

what should i do more?
I will be happy with the recommendations.

3.today i was in the sunlight and the screen was colorful its normal? i heard its beacuse the auto brightness.
and here is a sub question, auto brightness -5 is good for battery or should i put +5 auto or to cancel the auto and put in on the middle? what is the best?

thanks!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can put it in 3g if you want.

Yellow means weaker signal. Your battery life looks OK considering that you are playing games.

About 1% drop per hour idle is normal.

NetNet5

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
You can put it in 3g if you want.

Yellow means weaker signal. Your battery life looks OK considering that you are playing games.

About 1% drop per hour idle is normal.

ok thank you im glad to hear that,
and about my settings they ok?

my settings in display are:
fast charging : off (just turned it off to check charging without it, still didnt charge it while it off i will test it soon)
brightness - auto -5
screen rotation - on
smart stay - on
screen mode - basic
daydream - off
led indictator - on

sounds settings:

location: off (This is related to the battery? or should i put it on?)

and this,
3.today i was in the sunlight and the screen was colorful its normal? i heard its beacuse the auto brightness.
and here is a sub question, auto brightness -5 is good for battery or should i put +5 auto or to cancel the auto and put in on the middle? what is the best option for brightness?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Settings look ok. I don't have smart stay on but it is up to you. In outdoor bright sunlight , it will activate sunlight mode, which I like to call neon mode.

-5 would give the best battery life

NetNet5

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Settings look ok. I don't have smart stay on but it is up to you. In outdoor bright sunlight , it will activate sunlight mode, which I like to call neon mode.

-5 would give the best battery life

ok thank you very much you helped me alot!
i have a last question, if i do reset ( like a restore of iphone) its called wipe yes? there is any way i can backup all the apps/contacts/whatsapp history/pictures? THERE IS SOMETHING LIKE iCloud? its google sync or something?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
ok thank you very much you helped me alot!
i have a last question, if i do reset ( like a restore of iphone) its called wipe yes? there is any way i can backup all the apps/contacts/whatsapp history/pictures? THERE IS SOMETHING LIKE iCloud? its google sync or something?
Not exactly. Assuming that you are using Google contacts then it will be synced your Google account. If not then you can export the contacts to usb and import them into Gmail on the desktop browser. You can also use ease backup to backup contacts, sms mms.

Helium can backup app and app data. If you set Google plus to backup your pictures then they would be on your Google account. If not then you can either upload them to your Google account or put them on the sd card or copy them to a computer. Copy whatever you need like documents or other files from the internal memory to sd card or to a computer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

NetNet5

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Not exactly. Assuming that you are using Google contacts then it will be synced your Google account. If not then you can export the contacts to usb and import them into Gmail on the desktop browser. You can also use ease backup to backup contacts, sms mms.

Helium can backup app and app data. If you set Google plus to backup your pictures then they would be on your Google account. If not then you can either upload them to your Google account or put them on the sd card or copy them to a computer. Copy whatever you need like documents or other files from the internal memory to sd card or to a computer.

ok so the contacts i will use some app or gmail contacts (do you know good app for contacts?)
about the pictures i will transfer them to the computer, apps never mind i will redownload them, you know about the whatsapp chat history its will save automatic? or do i have to use whatsappmigrator? (i used it from iphone 5 to the note 4 )
i just asked i dont gonna wipe now ;)
thanks again.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ease back up will backup contacts if you don't want to use Google contacts. Make sure to copy the backup to the computer before wiping.

Not sure about whatsapp. I have never used it

NetNet5

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Ease back up will backup contacts if you don't want to use Google contacts. Make sure to copy the backup to the computer before wiping.

Not sure about whatsapp. I have never used it

ok thank you very much I really appreciate your help i have a last question just to make sure.
before few days i turn on the dev options in settings and when i change the scale animation the screen was flickering with red colors for few seconds and then its stops. i dont know if its a little bug or something with the animation i just make sure everything ok.
It did not happen to me again since it happened to me before 4-5 days but i ask about it just to make sure everything is ok. (btw i cancel the dev options from settings- application manager - all - searcing for "settings" and then click on clear data)
I found a picture of the problem happened to me just for nexus 5 (the screen was red flickering)
here is the link,
Screenshot_2013-06-24-13-32-52_zpseeacecbe.png
link:
http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums...creenshot_2013-06-24-13-32-52_zpseeacecbe.png
again, its never happend me again just once and i just wanna make sure everything its ok beacuse its was so weird.

thanks so much!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't happen again then I won't worry about it

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Samsung Note4. Love mine. Love the spen. I use it a lot. Am at 43% and it's 8:04 pm. I like bright screen. I use my phone a lot. I don't kind having to charge daily. It lasts all day and that is what matters to me. Fact it charges up quickly is a plus

Posted via the Android Central App

NetNet5

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
If it doesn't happen again then I won't worry about it

ok thanks! can you look at the the lists of what i did to save battery if can can tell me more ways i can save the battery life and if what i did is good i will be glad!
the list is in my next quote.

Don't put phone on vibrate it drains battery too.

vibarate when ringing also? cuz all other vibrate options are off.
here is all what i did to save battery life longer

fast charging: on
brightness - auto -5
screen rotation - on
smart stay - on
screen mode - basic
daydream - off
led indictator - on

sounds settings:

vibrate when ringing: off
mobile networks: network mode WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)
wi-fi: advanced settings: always allow scanning: off
google now: Off
auto refresh 6 hours on Weather widget
gmail/email: vibrate off
bluetooth: off
sync: on
accounts - google - sync settings - turned off everything i dont use.
Smart Stay: off
NFC: Off

there is more settings to play with to keep the battery life longer?

Welcome to Samsung Note4. Love mine. Love the spen. I use it a lot. Am at 43% and it's 8:04 pm. I like bright screen. I use my phone a lot. I don't kind having to charge daily. It lasts all day and that is what matters to me. Fact it charges up quickly is a plus

thanks!
and when you you posts this message its was 10:08 PM so you say after 2hours you with 43% its mean 4-5 hours with heavy use right?

and i have a question about the home button, sometimes when i click on him he doing some clicking noises. (i dont mean to vibrate/sound from settings its off) i mean noises at the touch of the button itself. Sometimes its sounds like pressure on the button but everything works fine.
but i heard its normal for all samsung devices.
what do you say?

btw which way is the best way to charge the note 4? only when is 10%? 20%?

thanks everyone!

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
ok thanks! can you look at the the lists of what i did to save battery if can can tell me more ways i can save the battery life and if what i did is good i will be glad!
the list is in my next quote.

vibarate when ringing also? cuz all other vibrate options are off.
here is all what i did to save battery life longer

fast charging: on
brightness - auto -5
screen rotation - on
smart stay - OFF
screen mode - basic
daydream - off
led indictator - OFF

sounds settings:

vibrate when ringing: OFF
sound when tapped: OFF
vibrate when ringing: off
mobile networks: network mode WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)
wi-fi: advanced settings: always allow
KEEP WIFI ON DURING SLEEP :ONLY WHEN CHARGING
scanning: off
google now: Off
auto refresh 6 hours on Weather widget
gmail/email: vibrate off
bluetooth: off
sync: OFF
accounts - google - sync settings - turned off everything i dont use.
Smart Stay: off
NFC: Off

there is more settings to play with to keep the battery life longer?

thanks!
and when you you posts this message its was 10:08 PM so you say after 2hours you with 43% its mean 4-5 hours with heavy use right?

and i have a question about the home button, sometimes when i click on him he doing some clicking noises. (i dont mean to vibrate/sound from settings its off) i mean noises at the touch of the button itself. Sometimes its sounds like pressure on the button but everything works fine.
but i heard its normal for all samsung devices.
what do you say?

btw which way is the best way to charge the note 4? only when is 10%? 20%?

thanks everyone!

put some suggestions in caps lock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox