GPS issues with the Note 4 (AT&T only)

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
The GPS issues with the AT&T Note 3 are well documented. I was wondering if anyone with a AT&T Note 4 are experiencing any issues with their GPS? Im getting mine in February so I hope it doesn't have the same issue.

Posted Via AT&T Note 3

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: GPS issues with the Note 4

I've got an AT&T Note 4. For the most part, the GPS has been rock solid. I do notice a couple things while navigating that annoy me with the blue dot that represents the position of the phone:

1. Slight Inaccuracy: The dot always seems about 20 or 30 feet behind where I actually am. My Galaxy S3 seemed more spot-on reporting my location.

2. The little arrow on the dot, which I believe is supposed to represent the direction the phone is facing, never points in the correct direction. You'd think it would take into account the direction of travel and correct that on it's own, but it doesn't.

Otherwise, it's near perfect.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I've got an AT&T Note 4. For the most part, the GPS has been rock solid. I do notice a couple things while navigating that annoy me with the blue dot that represents the position of the phone:

1. Slight Inaccuracy: The dot always seems about 20 or 30 feet behind where I actually am. My Galaxy S3 seemed more spot-on reporting my location.

2. The little arrow on the dot, which I believe is supposed to represent the direction the phone is facing, never points in the correct direction. You'd think it would take into account the direction of travel and correct that on it's own, but it doesn't.

Otherwise, it's near perfect.

Yeah this is definitely an AT&T issue. Because all the other Note 3's from different carriers GPS's work fine. Ever since I received the 4.4.4 update thats when these issues started. It just sometimes loses the GPS signal during navigation but locks back on fairly quickly. I love this phone so im sure the Note 4 is amazing. I played with the demo unit in the store and the phone is definitely faster and the screen is just amazing.

Posted Via AT&T Note 3

Last edited:

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

I would like to hear some feedback on the AT&T Note 4. Whether you have GPS issues or not.

Posted Via AT&T Note 3

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I've got a note 4 on ATT and I don't have any issues. I've been using mine quite extensively on vacation the past few days and it's been spot on.

Posted via the Android Central App

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site

I have an att note 4 and the only thing i notice in Google maps is when i hit start navigation it just sits there and the blue triangle just wont move. So i have to hit the X to stop navigation and resume it and it works but as far as opening the app and finding my location that works just as fast as any other phone i have had other then that its been fine for me

jummybui

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I have an AT&T Note 4 and have issues with my GPS. There is also a thread with others with the GPS issue.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

I'm on Sprint. I'm not thrilled with the GPS on my N4. It's like the phone has to be in a certain position or there's no reliable GPS. Frustrating for sure.

Rocking the Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has excellent gps. No issues even when leaving the phone in my pocket.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

The GPS on my Verizon Note 4 is not great; it wanders off the actual spot if I turn the screen off. I can get it back, but it takes perhaps 10 seconds to re-correct.

Not a major deal, but not as good as my old Note 2.

jsbcarman

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I have gotten lost several times on my verizon note 4 GPS, sucks, makes me wanna go back to the old days and use a map, unbelievable.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

I appreciate everyone's responses but I am only concerned about the AT&T Note 4. The reason for this is that the AT&T version of the Note 3 had some GPS issues while the other Note 3's on different carriers worked just fine. It seems from talking to people and reading the other thread that most aren't experiencing GPS issues. I should of named this thread AT&T Note 4 GPS issues. But thank you for everyone who responded. Is there a way to change the name of a thread once it is created?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: GPS issues with the Note 4 (AT&T only)

I edited the thread title for you

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Haven't used it a ton but the few time I have there have been no problems. I am on at&t as well.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Thank you everyone as I am glad to see that the GPS problems that's plagued the AT&T Note 3 isn't a big issue with the Note 4. When I originally bought the Note 3 the GPS worked great until the 4.4.4 update. Then I swapped out my SIM card yesterday and it hasn't dropped a GPS signal once.

George Collins1

May 6, 2014
Visit site

I have an ATT N4 and have seen no issues with the GPS. I previously had a N3 and remember the GPS issues you spoke of, but as I recall, they cleared up. I don't remember what happened to make them clear up though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20