06-17-2015 08:48 AM
27 12
tools
    The GPS issues with the AT&T Note 3 are well documented. I was wondering if anyone with a AT&T Note 4 are experiencing any issues with their GPS? Im getting mine in February so I hope it doesn't have the same issue.

Posted Via AT&T Note 3
    12-25-2014 04:26 PM
    I've got an AT&T Note 4. For the most part, the GPS has been rock solid. I do notice a couple things while navigating that annoy me with the blue dot that represents the position of the phone:

1. Slight Inaccuracy: The dot always seems about 20 or 30 feet behind where I actually am. My Galaxy S3 seemed more spot-on reporting my location.

2. The little arrow on the dot, which I believe is supposed to represent the direction the phone is facing, never points in the correct direction. You'd think it would take into account the direction of travel and correct that on it's own, but it doesn't.

Otherwise, it's near perfect.
    12-25-2014 05:55 PM
    I've got an AT&T Note 4. For the most part, the GPS has been rock solid. I do notice a couple things while navigating that annoy me with the blue dot that represents the position of the phone:

1. Slight Inaccuracy: The dot always seems about 20 or 30 feet behind where I actually am. My Galaxy S3 seemed more spot-on reporting my location.

2. The little arrow on the dot, which I believe is supposed to represent the direction the phone is facing, never points in the correct direction. You'd think it would take into account the direction of travel and correct that on it's own, but it doesn't.

Otherwise, it's near perfect.
    Yeah this is definitely an AT&T issue. Because all the other Note 3's from different carriers GPS's work fine. Ever since I received the 4.4.4 update thats when these issues started. It just sometimes loses the GPS signal during navigation but locks back on fairly quickly. I love this phone so im sure the Note 4 is amazing. I played with the demo unit in the store and the phone is definitely faster and the screen is just amazing.

Posted Via AT&T Note 3
    12-25-2014 06:03 PM
    I would like to hear some feedback on the AT&T Note 4. Whether you have GPS issues or not.

Posted Via AT&T Note 3
    12-27-2014 07:46 PM
    I've got a note 4 on ATT and I don't have any issues. I've been using mine quite extensively on vacation the past few days and it's been spot on.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2014 08:26 PM
    I have an att note 4 and the only thing i notice in Google maps is when i hit start navigation it just sits there and the blue triangle just wont move. So i have to hit the X to stop navigation and resume it and it works but as far as opening the app and finding my location that works just as fast as any other phone i have had other then that its been fine for me
    12-27-2014 10:50 PM
    I have an AT&T Note 4 and have issues with my GPS. There is also a thread with others with the GPS issue.
    12-27-2014 11:51 PM
    I'm on Sprint. I'm not thrilled with the GPS on my N4. It's like the phone has to be in a certain position or there's no reliable GPS. Frustrating for sure.

Rocking the Note 4
    12-28-2014 12:29 AM
    My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has excellent gps. No issues even when leaving the phone in my pocket.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-28-2014 12:41 AM
    The GPS on my Verizon Note 4 is not great; it wanders off the actual spot if I turn the screen off. I can get it back, but it takes perhaps 10 seconds to re-correct.

Not a major deal, but not as good as my old Note 2.
    12-28-2014 10:40 AM
    I have gotten lost several times on my verizon note 4 GPS, sucks, makes me wanna go back to the old days and use a map, unbelievable.

12-28-2014 10:51 AM
    I appreciate everyone's responses but I am only concerned about the AT&T Note 4. The reason for this is that the AT&T version of the Note 3 had some GPS issues while the other Note 3's on different carriers worked just fine. It seems from talking to people and reading the other thread that most aren't experiencing GPS issues. I should of named this thread AT&T Note 4 GPS issues. But thank you for everyone who responded. Is there a way to change the name of a thread once it is created?
    12-28-2014 01:37 PM
    I edited the thread title for you

12-28-2014 02:05 PM
    I edited the thread title for you

Ok thank you

Posted Via AT&T Note 3
    12-28-2014 02:06 PM
    My AT&T Note 4 GPS works flawlessly.

shrug
    12-28-2014 02:11 PM
    My AT&T Note 4 GPS works flawlessly.

shrug
    Ok great I hope the one I purchase works good too because I really depend on my GPS.
    12-28-2014 02:28 PM
    Two Notes 4 and no GPS issues.
    12-28-2014 02:28 PM
    Haven't used it a ton but the few time I have there have been no problems. I am on at&t as well.
    12-28-2014 02:30 PM
    Thank you everyone as I am glad to see that the GPS problems that's plagued the AT&T Note 3 isn't a big issue with the Note 4. When I originally bought the Note 3 the GPS worked great until the 4.4.4 update. Then I swapped out my SIM card yesterday and it hasn't dropped a GPS signal once.
    12-28-2014 03:26 PM
    I have an ATT N4 and have seen no issues with the GPS. I previously had a N3 and remember the GPS issues you spoke of, but as I recall, they cleared up. I don't remember what happened to make them clear up though.

12-28-2014 04:14 PM
    Yeah I never had a issue until the 4.4.4 update was released but it looks like the SIM swap has helped as I haven't dropped GPS signal since. I tested it a lot yesterday and some today and it seems to be fixed. If a week goes by then I know its fixed but regardless I am getting the Note 4 anyway but I would still like the GPS to work correctly until I buy it in Feb.
    12-28-2014 05:11 PM
    I have a Sprint Note 4 and have the same GPS issues. It never locks on a location with GPS.

LOCATION works fine with WiFi & Mobile data only. So using Google Maps (or similar) to find location, get directions for walking or riding a bike short distances is fine. Without the GPS lock, driving around using Google Maps (Waze, Scout, etc...) or any navigation program is useless.

I have been able to replicate this problem with every Note 4 I've seen.. I've gone back the Sprint Store, Samsungs Kiosk (at Best Buy) and spoke to senior tech support at Samsung. At this point, Samsung recommended I send them my phone and they will repair/replace it... I suspect this is a Android KitKat 4.4.4 / Samsung Note 4 HW compatibility issue with some phones.

This problem is not Phone Carrier specific (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc..).

I further tested using my Samsung S3 phone and got a GPS 100% of the time. Having place both phones next to eachother. I done several full resets on the phone to make sure there aren't' any apps conflicting GPS function.

So the bottom line is to either send the phone back to Samsung and wait 2 weeks (using my S3 for the time) OR wait for a firmware upgrade to solve the problem...

Good Luck
    12-28-2014 06:04 PM
    Yeah I never had a issue until the 4.4.4 update was released but it looks like the SIM swap has helped as I haven't dropped GPS signal since. I tested it a lot yesterday and some today and it seems to be fixed. If a week goes by then I know its fixed but regardless I am getting the Note 4 anyway but I would still like the GPS to work correctly until I buy it in Feb.
    Maybe I'll give a sim swap a try. That is one thing I haven't tried yet.
    12-28-2014 10:10 PM
    I had a Note 3 on ATT and experienced the frequent GPS dropping. It seemed to happen even before the 4.4.4 update for me, but definitely worse after. Unfortunately, my Note 4 experiences the same issue, and seemingly more often than the Note 3. When the signal changes from LTE to HSDPA, I immediately get the "GPS signal lost" message. Although, a quick toggle of the GPS usually fixes the issue, its still very annoying. I don't use GPS much, but when I do, I need it to work. Only gripe about the phone. Not a deal breaker though.

12-28-2014 10:17 PM
    I can confirm 100% issues with GPS on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I bought it Sunday (12/28/2014) and noticed instant GPS inaccuracies, teleporting, not updating correct route information, etc. I got home, OTA'd, tried again the next day, same issues. Took it into AT&T yesterday (12/30/2014), guy instantly swapped, I stood right there and showed him exactly what was happening on the brand new,fresh out the box phone. "Hmmm, I'd give it a couple of days to.....uhhh.....calibrate, then bring it back if it doesn't work." Screw that, wtf is going on? Why do a select few of us have the problem and why does it continue to happen to the same people?

In another forum, a guy took his back not 1, not 2 but 3 TIMES, same gps issues everytime......... Add me to the list of people who've had multiple phones and the same gps issues. SIM related????? Maybe? I can't have another phone, I absolutely love this thing.

**EDIT** Had a Note 2 for close to 3 years, not one GPS problem.
    12-31-2014 11:09 AM
27 12