Samsung Galaxy Note 4 com.facebook.appmanager ????????????

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

What is this JUNK? And how do I shut it off permanently OR remove it completely?

I have NEVER had a Facebook account, I will NEVER have a Facebook account and if I cannot address this I will be selling my Note 4 quickly and cheaply...

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• 2014-12-26 03.46.02.jpg
    2014-12-26 03.46.02.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 114

jcords

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: com.facebook.appmanager ????????????

Apparently it makes sure the facebook app can run even when disabled so that it can perform auto updates and other functions.. Sucks, I know..You may need root access to remove it..

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Just click the uninstall updates button and it will disable it after removing the update. That simple.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Op, let us know if you are able to disable it as suggested by naira1.

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Just click the uninstall updates button and it will disable it after removing the update. That simple.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Nope.
It reinstalls instantaneously, before you remove your finger from the uninstall button it has begun reinstalling it.

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Op, let us know if you are able to disable it as suggested by naira1.

No. The very second you click uninstall it reinstalls it. Virtually impossible as I see it so far to uninstall it unless rooted and my device is an AT&T so no root.
No worries....I'll sell it and buy the T-Mobile version AND still root it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Nope.
It reinstalls instantaneously, before you remove your finger from the uninstall button it has begun reinstalling it.
There area apps that you can download to freeze other apps and services. I usually don't recommend going that route, because there can also be more harm than good as a result. Something to consider before going down the selling route.

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

There area apps that you can download to freeze other apps and services. I usually don't recommend going that route, because there can also be more harm than good as a result. Something to consider before going down the selling route.

Hi SRK,

Can you suggest any? I wouldn't know where to even begin. What are the names of these apps?
Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Hi SRK,

Can you suggest any? I wouldn't know where to even begin. What are the names of these apps?
Thanks
I use Titanium Backup - Google Play Store. It says that you need root, but I don't think all the features require root access - check with the Developer before making any purchases whether what you want to do (freeze apps) can be done without root access.

When you click the above link, there will be a list of recommended or similar apps that will also do the same job, and are just as effective.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Dumb question but will it auto reinstall when you uninstall updates while in airplane mode? Not sure if it's pulling the update from an online source or not but it's worth a shot (Longshot I know...).

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk