Why doesn't my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 email go to next email when I delete or move an email?

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Email doesn't go to next email when I delete or move an email.

I just switched from an iphone. On my iphone, after I view an email, I either delete or move it. Either way afterwards, it will display the next email. On my new galaxy note 4, it goes back to the previous message after I delete a message. I swipe to the left to go to the next message, but then I'm looking at the message I just deleted. I swipe left again to go to the next message, but that brings me back to the inbox.

I already tried going to the email general settings and changing the default display to next email, but I am still have this problem. I have only one email account, it's a yahoo account. Any suggestions, anyone. Thanks.

MatLoz

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Email doesn't go to next email when I delete or move an email.

What do you use to read your emails ? Is it an app or on yahoo mail ?

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
everyday is a challenge with this dumb phone

I should have stuck with the iphone. I don't have time to messing with this dumb phone everyday. Almost everyday I find a new problem.

Can someone show me how to fix the default email app? It won't go to the next message when I delete a message. I changed the settings to show the next message but it keeps going back to the inbox. If you don't know the answer, can you tell me who can I call? I bought this note 4 from att online. I called them but apparently they all use iPhones, and didn't know how to help me. This is such a hassle. Even the auto correct is not working right, making this typing experience very annoyinh. Bye

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

I guess I can, but why should I though? I never did before. ok thx

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

Stupid phone keeps asking me to download apps anyways. What's one more..

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

Why have that choice in the first place? Who reads previous emails?

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Stupid phone keeps asking me to download apps anyways. What's one more..

Did you open the "games" app that's purple and green? That will constantly ask you to download games. At least daily.

IF it is then pull up the app in phone settings app manager and disable it. Then delete the polarbear bowling and the other 3 or 4 games you downloaded. That will stop all the download rhetoric from that.

Let me know if that helps in the "asking you to download apps" part. If Not then there is another culprit to look at.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Last edited:

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I guess I can, but why should I though? I never did before. ok thx

Before you change mail programs...you never answered the question...which one are you refering too? Gmail, yahoo...mail? Gmail, mail, ATTmail...there are a few mail programs that came on mine. Which do you use, other than the one that came on the Note 4?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Last edited:

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh...and don't fret. There is a learning curve from iPhone to android. We will help the best we can. Let's get past these 2 problems first.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Last edited:

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Before you change mail programs...you never answered the question...which one are you refering too? Gmail, yahoo...mail? Gmail, mail, ATTmail...there are a few mail programs that came on mine. Which do you use, other than the one that came on the Note 4?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Never mind. Just seen you have yahoo. That's What I have. Let me get on break and see the settings. I don't have this problem, So we should be able to fix it relatively easy.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Email doesn't go to next email when I delete or move an email.

On break? I'm using the setting where I want it to go to the next message after I delete a message. It's not doing that

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Email doesn't go to next email when I delete or move an email.

It's not the games app. It's all the notifications that keeps telling me to download stuff. At least on the iphone you can disable these notifications. This phone is really bothering me. I'd return it if I wasn't so financially poor.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

It's not the games app. It's all the notifications that keeps telling me to download stuff. At least on the iphone you can disable these notifications. This phone is really bothering me. I'd return it if I wasn't so financially poor.

OK...all the stuff wanting to download are they just updates for apps?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

On break? I'm using the setting where I want it to go to the next message after I delete a message. It's not doing that

By default it goes to the previous message. I could Not find a setting to change the. I usually just look at the list and check the boxes and move everything to the folders I want from there. Them I go to the folders and look at the emails.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

Oh ok. Why have that in the settings choice? I just want to go to the next message when I delete a message.

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

No, but those updates notifications are annoying too. They are mostly ads to download other apps. But anyways, I don't care about this issue as much anymore. I just leave my phone on silent mode. Who cares about phone calls? I just want to read my emails. That's all.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Oh ok. Why have that in the settings choice? I just want to go to the next message when I delete a message.

I had never really thought about it until I had seen your post. I think there should be an option to go to next message or previous. Hmmm...I wonder if I can invert the list. In other words I wonder if you can open the list with the oldest showing first. Then when you delete the email you are looking at the next one (newer) by default. I believe this would get you What you want. I'll have to look at that.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
can you take a screenshot of the notifications you are talking about. It should help me understand What notifications you keep getting.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!