Just wondering if it's a must have and what everyone does with it? I've heard good things about it. How steep is the learning curve? Any downside to using it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-26-2014 04:11 PM
    You should do a you tube search for a tasker tutorial. I'll bet you'll find plenty of videos.

I'm kind of thinking of getting the app myself.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    12-26-2014 04:27 PM
    I looked at a few but they were from previous versions. It looks like you will need some add on apps to take advantage of the full functionality of it. Hoping most of them are free.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-26-2014 04:48 PM
    I tried it for a while. I guess i'm just too lazy but it looked like it would take me hours and hours to get it all set up. Lots of headache, frustration and anger too. Of course that was before the massive UI overhaul that it got a while back. I'm sure it is awesome once it's set up but I didn't have the patience for it.
    sforsyth01 likes this.
    12-26-2014 05:07 PM
    I looked at tasker too but there is a learning curve. Powerful app but the learning curve was enough to discourage me. Looked at alternatives but they were not up to par until I found Llama. May not be as powerful as Tasker but does what I need and much easier learning curve imo.

And, yes, it's free.
    12-26-2014 06:04 PM
    Hi. I am using tasker and hope you might help. I want to set profile "car" to run when when "hands free" is sctive. Do you know where to find this file or what its called because it doesnt show as an app or as an icon. ?.
    01-21-2015 09:28 AM
    Here's a thread I started for Tasker...I use it, it's complicated, but once u get the hang of it, it's a VERY Handy app and does some cool stuff!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...tons-here.html
    goin_nil likes this.
    01-21-2015 10:45 AM
    Probably the most common use is some variant of night mode.

I have it turn off sound at night. If i'm away from home it turns off notification sound but leaves thr phone ringer on.

Also it turns off the PIN requirement when on my home wifi.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    01-21-2015 07:13 PM
    I use it for two things. One, to fix an issue I'm having with my Note 4. Two, to launch audio apps.

1. My Note 4 has an odd issue which I was never able to figure out the cause. Every morning at 6:00 am it would turn the notifications volume up and also the other volume levels up to random levels. Needless to say, I didn't like the random noises at loud volume going off for some random email or other notification before it's time to wake up. My wife didn't either.

So I wrote a Tasker task to check & record every volume level all night long every 2 min until I could figure out when the volume was getting changed. Thinking this would help me figure out if it was consistent (maybe find the culprit) or random.

It helped me narrow it down the time to 6:00 am, consistently everyday but still random levels. I never found the true cause.

So I changed the same task to just set all the volume levels to zero everyday at 6:02 am. Problem solved, or at least masked with duct tape. :^) And I can literally rest easy now vs being shocked awake.

2. I created a task to run a simple tasker app (an overlay) so that whenever I plug in my headphones, it launches. It lists all the apps that have audio capabilities (the ones I choose). So I can easily choose what to listen to. Pretty cool. See the attached picture for what that looks like.
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone using Tasker?-1421891876001.jpg  
    01-21-2015 08:16 PM
    Here's a thread I started for Tasker...I use it, it's complicated, but once u get the hang of it, it's a VERY Handy app and does some cool stuff!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...tons-here.html
    Thanks for sharing. I missed that thread. I just added my 0.02¢ worth of use cases below to that thread.
    01-21-2015 08:24 PM
    Hi. I am using tasker and hope you might help. I want to set profile "car" to run when when "hands free" is sctive. Do you know where to find this file or what its called because it doesnt show as an app or as an icon. ?.
    What do you mean by "hands free" is it a particular Bluetooth connection? If you cash tie your profile to a specific connection that's the best way to go about doing it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    01-21-2015 11:12 PM