08-09-2015 12:28 PM
327 ... 11121314
tools
    I'm still looking for one where I can send bcc group emails I'm on the default email app installed its not bad.
    Aquamail does it but its a bit clumsy.
    I just wantvto send for example an email to. Myself and the bbc different groups I belong to.
    Thanks any ideas

Posted via the Android Central App. Magichoward
    Maildroid does it.
    04-18-2015 08:39 AM
    I'm still looking for one where I can send bcc group emails I'm on the default email app installed its not bad.
    Aquamail does it but its a bit clumsy.
    I just wantvto send for example an email to. Myself and the bbc different groups I belong to.
    Thanks any ideas

I send bcc emails using Aquamail all of the time. It's actually pretty easy.
    magichoward likes this.
    04-18-2015 10:47 AM
    Maildroid does it.
    Maildroid allows you to set default cc or bcc groups up. No need to select addresses for each email to a group.
    magichoward likes this.
    04-18-2015 10:58 AM
    Aquamail
    04-18-2015 11:30 AM
    AquaMail does CC or BCC to groups. Very easy to do. I don't know how it could be made any easier.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    tsells likes this.
    04-18-2015 11:42 AM
    Hi I tried aquamail. I lived the features and especially the option to change the colors. But I use exchange for my Hotmail account .I found the Imap set up would take up to 3 times longer to receive emails than the stock exchange server.
    Is Imap as safe/ secure as exchange.
    I would luv to stay with it but the speed was a major issue.thanks and it did handle bcc groups very well.

04-19-2015 11:34 PM
    There's color options throughout AquaMail. Much more than change account title bar colors, you can change colors for almost anything anywhere. The color options are mind-boggling.

AquaMail supports Exchange EWS (Exchange Web Services) and Exchange IMAP. So logically I would have to say IMAP is as secure as Exchange. IOW it's the same thing - sorta. I think I'm not quite getting what you're saying...

As for speed, again I'm not clear what you're saying. Are you using a Hotmail account setup as an Exchange EWS account or are you just forwarding Hotmail to an Exchange account? If it's EWS I haven't heard of any speed or delay problems. If Hotmail is being forwarded that's probably causing the delay.

I don't use Exchange so I'm no expert and not qualified to say much about it. You might contact the developer by posting in the AquaMail user forum or by email and see if this is a known problem and if there's a fix.

04-20-2015 09:12 AM
    Outlook.com

It's not easy to find now because of the new outlook preview app but I much preferred the outlook.com version.
    04-24-2015 07:45 AM
    Gmail invited me to a new gmail called inbox. Really liking it so far. Much cleaner.
    04-24-2015 07:53 AM
    I tried a bunch. Nine is the best exchange client available for Samsung phones. Keep in mind Nine is a total piece of trash compared to the email client in ios. So not like it is good more like the best of all the awful options

I would like to use Gmail to access exchange email and was able to get it working by side loading the Google exchange service apk but it conflicts with the Samsung exchange service and I wasn't getting calendar updates. I wish this thing was rootable because without being able to do that you can't disable the Samsung service.

It's too bad companies like Samsung are allowed to ruin android

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-02-2015 06:32 AM
    I use the Gmail app for both Gmail and Outlook. I use Nine for my work email. I think it's a great app and is better than the iOS email in my opinion. To each their own but I think it does a great job. Another good exchange app is Touchdown, but I like Nine better. It just feels more intuitive to me.

Sent from my Note 4
    06-02-2015 08:33 AM
    What do any of these 3rd party email apps do better than the stock Samsung mail? I have my work Exchange account added to the stock email and it does everything I want. What am I missing?
    06-02-2015 08:54 AM
    Gmail for myself!!

06-02-2015 09:20 AM
    What do any of these 3rd party email apps do better than the stock Samsung mail? I have my work Exchange account added to the stock email and it does everything I want. What am I missing?
    You know, that's a great question. I have not used the stock email app on an android phone in a long time. If the stock app does what you need then I would stick with it. Maybe I will give it a go and see for myself. I initially started using Touchdown because I had to have work email password protected and I could have that just on the email app and not the whole phone. That was a long time ago. Now I use Fingerprint and/or a password on the phone anyway.

Sent from my Note 4
    06-02-2015 09:42 AM
    I had issues with it refusing to send emails which would happen if I had no connectivity when I sent the email. The email would be stuck in my outbox and did not send even when I got connectivity back. Plus it's ugly and the interface stinks

06-04-2015 10:31 AM
    I use Inbox for my personal Gmail account and I use the Gmail app for my work email. I prefer to keep them separate so that I know how many unread emails I have with each account.
    06-04-2015 11:36 AM
    I use Gmail.
    06-04-2015 11:39 AM
    I went back and checked. Evidently I CAN do ths move now. Back to stock for a while...Dark theme would be nice though...

Stock doesn't let me move something from my Sent folder to my "Awaiting Reply" folder unless I delete it first. Simple small thing but huge for me.

08-06-2015 09:18 AM
    I tried aquamail again it's very good. But with the stock email I can easily at a tap of one button send and reduce the size of multiple photos. Is there a simple way to do this in one go on aquamail
    Thanks

08-07-2015 10:27 PM
    I'm considering giving the Gmail App a go now that the app supports exchange/active sync, but I can't find how to get the app to show new email number? Am I missing something? This seems basic and all of the previous apps(including the stock app) do this, but gmail app doesn't? Any help is appreciated.
    08-08-2015 02:17 PM
    AquaMail handles this like every email client I've used does...

If you mean attaching photos to send, in AquaMail just tap the Attach button and select multiple photos.

If you mean embedded photos in the message body, tap the Image button in the edit toolbar and select a photo. I can't choose multiple photos to embed however, only one at a time. I can't remember ever using an email app that does that.

As for size reduction, I think that's a function of your image viewer, independent of AquaMail.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.
    08-08-2015 02:48 PM
    No, sorry for the confusion. I was asking if anyone knows how to get the gmail app to show unread mail badge(unread email count).
    08-08-2015 06:05 PM
    I tried a bunch. Nine is the best exchange client available for Samsung phones. Keep in mind Nine is a total piece of trash compared to the email client in ios. So not like it is good more like the best of all the awful options

I would like to use Gmail to access exchange email and was able to get it working by side loading the Google exchange service apk but it conflicts with the Samsung exchange service and I wasn't getting calendar updates. I wish this thing was rootable because without being able to do that you can't disable the Samsung service.

It's too bad companies like Samsung are allowed to ruin android

+1 on Nine for exchange. Aquamail for Gmail or yahoo.

Crashdamage likes this.
    08-08-2015 06:22 PM
    No, sorry for the confusion. I was asking if anyone knows how to get the gmail app to show unread mail badge(unread email count).
    Nah, I was answering magichoward's post above yours. Your post got stuck in between when beat me posting.

08-08-2015 06:31 PM
    Thanks ....but with the stock email I can select multiple photos than it asks what size to reduce them to if I remember i have a choice of 3 or 4 sizes like 75% ,50% etc ...with aqua mail it seems to be a much longer process using a third party app to downsize the photos ?

thanks again
    08-09-2015 10:14 AM
327 ... 11121314