08-09-2015 01:28 PM
327 1234 ...
tools
    So many people seem so excited about Lollipop; i just don't get it.

I installed Lollipop on my Nexus 4 when I switched over to the Note 4 as a daily driver. I hate it on my Nexus 4. The battery stats section is practically worthless now and the quick settings panel sucks, I want my quick tiles back!

Not digging material design for system UI much at all. All of the bright colors just waste battery on AMOLED displays. Holo dark FTW.

I swear, google's making android look too simplistic . . taking notes from Apple I guess and trying to dumb things down. What people don't know is missing won't hurt them I guess . ..
    12-28-2014 04:55 PM
    You'll have to forgive my ignorance but I don't know what the big attraction to Lollipop is. My Note 4 (and Note 3 before it) are (were) just fine on Kit Kat.
    12-28-2014 05:14 PM
    So many people seem so excited about Lollipop; i just don't get it.

I installed Lollipop on my Nexus 4 when I switched over to the Note 4 as a daily driver. I hate it on my Nexus 4. The battery stats section is practically worthless now and the quick settings panel sucks, I want my quick tiles back!

Not digging material design for system UI much at all. All of the bright colors just waste battery on AMOLED displays. Holo dark FTW.

I swear, google's making android look too simplistic . . taking notes from Apple I guess and trying to dumb things down. What people don't know is missing won't hurt them I guess . ..
    I had Lollipop on my Nexus 10. Hated it.
    muzzy996 likes this.
    12-28-2014 05:16 PM
    Change for the sake of change isn't necessarily a good thing.

from the IV
    12-28-2014 05:19 PM
    I don't need it either. I like it on my nexus 4 but I couldn't bear having any issues with it on the note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-28-2014 05:53 PM
    ive never been impressed with an update before, im sure this wont be any different
    12-28-2014 06:01 PM
    If you have one which one consumes less ram and battery?

Being using myBeach HD for a LONG LONG time...I really like it...And it doesn't consume battery
    check it out!
    12-28-2014 06:05 PM
    Being using myBeach HD for a LONG LONG time...I really like it...And it doesn't consume battery
    check it out!
    Haha I have that one

12-28-2014 06:33 PM
    What's your favorite setting?

12-28-2014 06:41 PM
    I have 5.0 on my Nexus 7 tablet and am impressed with the snappiness and the lack of any bugs, thus far. There is no question that the 7 is both faster and smoother.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    12-28-2014 06:45 PM
    I have 5.0 on my Nexus 7 tablet and am impressed with the snappiness and the lack of any bugs, thus far. There is no question that the 7 is both faster and smoother.
    That's...wonderful. Will my Note 4 be faster and smoother though? I'm skeptical.

from the IV
    12-28-2014 06:57 PM
    Updates are always interesting to me. I read the change logs and see all of the bugs that it is supposed to fix. I never even notice those bugs. I can wait for the update. My phone has been fine. More than fine actually. And if it adds more features, that's cool. But I'm Stn trying to uncover all of the features that it currently has.
    plumcrazy and MightyMike like this.
    12-28-2014 07:55 PM
    I can't wait at all anymore! Gimme lollipop!

12-28-2014 08:08 PM
    I can't wait at all anymore! Gimme lollipop!

What is it supposed to bring that people can't wait for?
    12-28-2014 08:10 PM
    For me that would be the ability to write to the ex sd card again....without having to root.
    jimd1050 and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    12-28-2014 10:25 PM
    Paperland pro... its my usual.

Also like/use..
    Seeds of life
    circuitry
    phase beam (classic)

none have any significant power usage.
    12-28-2014 10:37 PM
    I definitely believe that. Nexus devices a lot of times run better on newer updated software. There's one thing holding this phone back from doing that with ANY update and that is touch wiz. Until Samsung either gets rid of it or makes it a lot less intrusive on the OS ur always gonna have bugs and lag.
    12-29-2014 01:10 AM
    I definitely believe that. Nexus devices a lot of times run better on newer updated software. There's one thing holding this phone back from doing that with ANY update and that is touch wiz. Until Samsung either gets rid of it or makes it a lot less intrusive on the OS ur always gonna have bugs and lag.
    Using another launcher helps (a lot) but yeah, TW is still in the background...molesting things.

from the G Pad 7
    jimd1050 likes this.
    12-29-2014 01:12 AM
    I can save apps to the SD card

12-29-2014 01:22 AM
    I'd wait a while before updating. It will be buggy and a lot of apps won't work right. My note 4 is blazing fast with no issues now. Don't change for the sake of change !!!

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4
    msdsman and plumcrazy like this.
    12-29-2014 02:08 AM
    I am not in a rush for it. Updates are nice (who doesn't like new shiny things?) but is it "needed"? No.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    12-29-2014 10:54 AM
    You'll have to forgive my ignorance but I don't know what the big attraction to Lollipop is.
    In my case it's the restoration of the ability to use my SD card. Otherwise I couldn't care less. But the inability to use the SD card for routine applications is a fairly large problem for me.

Honestly, Android 4.4 is a big downgrade from 4.2 for my purposes.
    12-29-2014 11:01 AM
    In my case it's the restoration of the ability to use my SD card. Otherwise I couldn't care less. But the inability to use the SD card for routine applications is a fairly large problem for me.

Honestly, Android 4.4 is a big downgrade from 4.2 for my purposes.
    What do you mean exactly?
    12-29-2014 11:02 AM
    What do you mean exactly?
    Under older Android OSes, I could choose to put working files for my various apps on the SD card rather than on the main phone memory. Since I work with large files (typically pdf files, which could be engineering drawings, aerial photographs, etc.) that I edit in the field (meaning duplication of files to accommodate the edits), I use up memory quickly.

As for 4.2 being a better system for me than 4.4, I just find the newer OS to be more complicated, less user-friendly and more difficult to do simple tasks. Others will, of course, disagree for their own uses, which is fine. Th problem is that Verizon decides what OS I am to use rather than allowing me to make that decision for myself. It's as though Sony (my laptop maker) were to decide I could no longer use Windows 7 and forced me to accept Win8.
    12-29-2014 11:07 AM
    12-29-2014 11:08 AM
327 1234 ...