Robin's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Thread

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
The phone itself.
I hate the dialpad.
I hate how the screen goes blank after a call and it takes too long to come back.
I really am thinking of going back to iPhone.

Posted via Android Central App

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: one thing that really bothers me about this phone is...

Not to mention you can turn off the feature that shuts off the screen during a call... Some people would rather complain then just fix the problem

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I hear ya all....but no need to be nasty. Truth is: the phone is awesome...I really enjoy Android and all the fun things BUT...iPhone call quality is way better. Yes I have tried everything including the call light option and calling customer service to try and tweak it. It still shuts off when I put it up to my head. Instead of being nasty maybe you could help me figure it out? The next iPhone will be bigger by the way and I might go back to the tried and true.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

The reason I left iPhone was because of iOS 7.....but that's about it,

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

That's not true....I have tried to fix it so instead of being nasty just suggest a fix?

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Truth be told if iPhone was so horrible why does android add: wallpapers, themes, ringers and email programs that copy it?
What I would miss from Android: live wallpapers, widgets, go SMS.
I have to keep this phone until May so I'll make the best of it.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

The phone itself.
I hate the dialpad.
I hate how the screen goes blank after a call and it takes too long to come back.
I really am thinking of going back to iPhone.

Try blowing with a can of compressed air in the earpiece at the top of the phone, that's where the proximity sensor is. I did that and it worked for me. All you have to do is search the internet, there are a lot of people that complain about the phone staying dark after you take it away from your ear. That's how I found the fix for me. Hope that helps.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Keep the discussion civil and on-topic. If you don't care for the thread or a post, then just move on. I suggest that those participating here acquaint themselves with the forum rules.

Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

A couple things you can try:
open phone app> call settings > uncheck auto screen off during calls...this will stop the screen from turning off. (might solve your problem)

If you want to end the call quickly with out having to use the screen

system settings > accessibility > answering/ending calls > check the power button ends calls
this will take the screen out of the equation on ending calls.

Not sure if these will help, but it is worth a try........good luck

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

The phone itself.

i thought my phone was the only one that did that.

i liked the dial pad & setup better on my old HTC Thunderbolt. easier to call someone back if you had a missed call. JMO anyway...

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Thanks folks. I traded it in for iPhone 5s. I'm very happy with it. For a larger screen experience I have my tab 3.

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site

The iPhone is certainly more predictable and has a more consistent user experience. I agree that call audio quality seems much better on iPhones, too. Except when they drop calls due to signal issues.

Android is more flexible and customizable, but that can come at a cost of usability, and the majority of users (the kind that do not frequent androidcentral.com) probably don't care. They want a sleek design, and a UI that is powerful, but easy to use. They want an iPhone.

I am curious why you think Apple is coming out with a larger screen? That's been rumored for years, but it hasn't come to fruition.. yet.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

The iPhone is certainly more predictable and has a more consistent user experience. I agree that call audio quality seems much better on iPhones, too. Except when they drop calls due to signal issues.

Android is more flexible and customizable, but that can come at a cost of usability, and the majority of users (the kind that do not frequent androidcentral.com) probably don't care. They want a sleek design, and a UI that is powerful, but easy to use. They want an iPhone.

I am curious why you think Apple is coming out with a larger screen? That's been rumored for years, but it hasn't come to fruition.. yet.

I would hate to have dropped calls. I have never ever have a dropped call with my note nor even my crappy bionic. I have never liked the sound quality of the Apple products such as the touch or the iPhone when playing music through the speaker . I can't speak to the sound quality of phone calls as I've never made a call through an iPhone

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollipop? hope its soon!

Read the threads about it. Buggy? No, they'd have to get a lot of bugs fixed for it to be buggy. It's more like one huge insect. Almost every phone, from every manufacturer, has some bugs (different ones) on Lollipop. That says that the initial design (by Google) had problems.

You hope it's soon? I don't expect to be even thinking of updating until the summer. Maybe later. My Note 3 running on 4.4.2 is doing all I need it to do - with no bugs.

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollipop? hope its soon!

I contacted Verizon and Samsung last night and both said they have no release date to keep checking back. UGH

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown