Robin's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Thread

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lollipop? hope its soon!

M first Gen Nexus 7 is bright and use-able again. We are using it for the dedicated Chromecast device.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Good thing??? I don't think so. They have now neutered the uSD card thanks to DRM afcinatos pressure.

Actually, they eased the restrictions.... They closed up the shop, in a sense, in Kitkat as a stopgap effort to tighten down the security on the SD card. Before the changes, there was nothing standing in the way of any process and every byte of data on that card... zero restrictions. So they turned the screws too tight and the end result was SD card access that was extremely restrictive and people weren't too keen on that. The new stuff in 5.0 is aimed to allow applications access without giving everyone free reign.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I think I'd rather run the OS that the Note was designed to use. Surely the Note 5 will be running Lollipop, so I'll probably try it then.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I really need to learn about ChromeCast. 1don't really know anything about it. Google is my friend.

You take it out of the box and think that it's going to be useless than you start using it... it's awesome. Pretty cool tech too.... How Chromecast Works

You know... It still boggles my mind that this kind of technology is now available for like $30 (give or take).

jkeith85

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

I'm mot happy with chromecast at all. The having to have a wireless network ruins it. Especially certain network where you cannot change router settings. At home it works great. To each there own.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

You take it out of the box and think that it's going to be useless than you start using it... it's awesome. Pretty cool tech too.... How Chromecast Works

You know... It still boggles my mind that this kind of technology is now available for like $30 (give or take).

Thanks a ton! Now I know what ChromeCast is and can decide if it'd be useful (I already have a smart TV and Smart BluRay player).

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks a ton! Now I know what ChromeCast is and can decide if it'd be useful (I already have a smart TV and Smart BluRay player).

The software on the Chormecast updates. I don't know about your TV/BluRay, but mine don't update and operate slow. Aside from being able to show almost anything from my phone on the screen, I find that I am casting Netflix from my phone rather than going through the app on my TV. Everything about the experience is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL