Robin's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Thread

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone use any cleaners or boosters?

Those use their own fair share of your device's resources like storage, battery, cpu cycles!
They don't if you don't install them... Duh!

Give people a break. They're probably windows users who are used to anti-virus apps, system cleaners, and other things to help windows users get through the day without throwing their PC's out the window. They think the same things apply to android.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Give people a break. They're probably windows users who are used to anti-virus apps, system cleaners, and other things to help windows users get through the day without throwing their PC's out the window. They think the same things apply to android.

Yes to break! Yes to Windows bad! Yes to Android is NOT Windows!

You win 3 yesses and possibly a "this^^".

heathersimon

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

I use AppMgr 3 and SD Maid. I'll clean my phone once a week and reboot once a week.

If you're not running up against the upper limits of your space on the SD card, it's better to let the controller do the housekeeping on it. Too many erase cycles can decrease the lifespan of flash memory.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: what is your favorite email app?

AquaMail is simply the best email app available!
It handles multiple accounts really well and the developer continues to update and add options and functionality on a regular basis.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

+1 for Aquamail

I kind of like the fact that it works with exchange via OWA. Keeps me from having to deal with all of the security requirements that my company imposes on users of activesync connections.

heathersimon

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

+1 for Aquamail

I kind of like the fact that it works with exchange via OWA. Keeps me from having to deal with all of the security requirements that my company imposes on users of activesync connections.

That's interesting to know; I was surprised when I discovered I can't use the fingerprint scanner due to the security policies required of my using EAS.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I use the stock email app for MS Exchange, GMail & Yahoo with no problems. On my previous phone I used GMail & Yahoo apps for their emails and I like the stock app better, it's a cleaner more unified experience.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I used AquaMail for several years but registering accounts other than hotmail or gmail was always a hassle and for some accounts impossible.
I switched to BlueMail because it automatically registers every type of email account I have and shares the information across devices so once accounts are installed on a first device when you install BlueMail on additional devices the email accounts are already loaded and ready to use.
While BlueMail can be a bit slow for 6 accounts several of which are on private servers the delay isn't enough to inconvenience me or any slower than AquaMail was.

UPDATE: Since version 1.69.x TypeMail (formerly BlueMail) is inordinately slow syncing the mail accounts causing the screen changes to be very slow with freezing moments and stuttering.
I went back to AquaMail Pro which now is much better at setting up new apps and continues to run butter smooth and very fast. AquaMail still isn't as sophisticated during setup as TypeMail but once set up it far out performs TypeMail in speed and smoothness.
Both TypeMail and AquaMail Pro are compatible with the multiwindow features of the Note 4 whereas Google GMail as well as most other Google Apps are not.

Last edited:

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

I recently started using an app called Cloud Magic and so far I really like it, clean and functional.

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 what is your favorite email app?

I switch between blue mail and Gmail now that Gmail accepts other emails other than their own.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 what is your favorite email app?

Maildroid Pro. Free version is available. Used it for 6 months then upgraded to the Pro version. Very good support and customisations.

Posted via the Android Central App