Robin's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Thread

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 what is your favorite email app?

I have inbox right now but I don't think I like it. I like the Gmail app.

mtbrown19

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 what is your favorite email app?

When you add an Exchange account to the Gmail app does it give the option for push?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lollipop? hope its soon!

Read the threads about it. Buggy? No, they'd have to get a lot of bugs fixed for it to be buggy. It's more like one huge insect. Almost every phone, from every manufacturer, has some bugs (different ones) on Lollipop. That says that the initial design (by Google) had problems.

You hope it's soon? I don't expect to be even thinking of updating until the summer. Maybe later. My Note 3 running on 4.4.2 is doing all I need it to do - with no bugs.

I used to quiver in fear at every OS upgrade from Microsoft, wondering whether all hell would break loose. I admit it has become like that with Android now, too. I'm willing to let others be beta testers. ;)

Good thing??? I don't think so. They have now neutered the uSD card thanks to DRM afcinatos pressure. Apps like Nook and Kindle no longer let you store your books/publications on the uSD card. They claim it's for DRM reasons... yep. This is also why current Nexus devices no longer have uSD ports (Nexus 5, 7, etc.). Now 4.4.2 was out there before these restrictions were imposed. 4.4.4 and Lollipop are definitely more restrictive unless you are one of the people who root their devices.

By all accounts, it is the reverse--more power over SD, not less. The two examples you cite are very limited issues. It sounds like what Amazon did with the Win 8 App version of Kindle software, not per se an Android issue and coming whether or not a new Android version comes.

Last edited:

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: any updated updates on Lollipop?

typical Samsung lies.

Lies? Did Samsung promise a date? Don't the carriers get a chance to screw up the updates when Samsung finishes with them?

The last I heard about an update was towards the end of November/early January which said "some time after the new year." That's a pretty broad target.

Joe Nunya

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Actually Samsung has been pushing carriers to get Lollipop out ASAP, in fact they are skipping 5.0 and going to 5.1 for the Note 4.

Its the CARRIERS not Samsung that is the hold up.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Supposedly AT&T will have a N4 OTA Lollipop update this month (January) but I thought it was 5.0 with 5.1 coming this summer.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Lies? Did Samsung promise a date? Don't the carriers get a chance to screw up the updates when Samsung finishes with them?

The last I heard about an update was towards the end of November/early January which said "some time after the new year." That's a pretty broad target.
Yes they lie. On my note 3, they said 4.4.4 will reach note 3 by July 2014 and now we are in 2015.

You can defend them all you want but this is how they do it. They have tons of devices and they can't catch up. If you get 5.0.1 don't expect 5.0.2 any time soon which is the latest from Google.

Joe Nunya

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Everything that I have heard says that the Note 4 will get the 5.1 and skip 5.0 entirely because of the problems Google had with it.
and it should be out by or before the end of January.