Robin's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Thread

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: any updated updates on Lollipop?

Everything that I have heard says that the Note 4 will get the 5.1 and skip 5.0 entirely because of the problems Google had with it.
and it should be out by or before the end of January.

I hope you're right as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: HERE MAPS

Yes it works pretty well if you need offline navigation

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

I've been using it since beta. I prefer it much more over Google Maps. I turned off G Maps after about a month of using it.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

never heard of it till now. it looks nice. I wonder if there is a way to import all my gmaps info. i have a couple hundred places saved that i need on a weekly basis.

thanks for the help

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I downloaded this to check it out for a friend that doesn't have any data to use with g maps. I rebooted N4 and still can't get a map to show. Just my locator on the screnen and white background. Do I need to disable g maps? Uninstall/reinstall?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded this to check it out for a friend that doesn't have any data to use with g maps. I rebooted N4 and still can't get a map to show. Just my locator on the screnen and white background. Do I need to disable g maps? Uninstall/reinstall?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Did you go into the App and download the map that you want? I just went ahead and downloaded all of USA but you can do it state by state.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Did you go into the App and download the map that you want? I just went ahead and downloaded all of USA but you can do it state by state.

It didn't give me this option before but per this post I opened Here again and maps were available. Thanks!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

So glad that HERE Maps is available on Android. It was one of the big losses coming from Nokia and WP. Google Maps is just dreadful on my Note 4. So laggy.

So far, so good with HERE though.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

So glad that HERE Maps is available on Android. It was one of the big losses coming from Nokia and WP. Google Maps is just dreadful on my Note 4. So laggy.

So far, so good with HERE though.

Its fantastic! I love how it stays in the background too...even as I write this :)

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Going to give this application a shot, I like how I can tap and hold on a location and it stays in the recent location listing so that I can pick it later. Makes picking starting and ending points for navigation a breeze.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
getting really impatient about Android L

Before we know it M will be available. I know they have to perfect it...but we were promised it by now.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: getting really impatient about Android L

I know a lot of people are waiting anxiously for it and I'm curious as to what feature(s) it brings to the table that you are really waiting. for. I've had it on my Nexus 7 for some time now and it really had made little if any difference to me.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: getting really impatient about Android L

Before we know it M will be available. I know they have to perfect it...but we were promised it by now.

Patience grasshopper. It will come....but probably in March. Right now I'm more anxious for my W2...lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox