Robin's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Thread

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: any updated updates on Lollipop?

they can keep lollipop, i dont want. these updates IMO screw up more than they help. they are always a letdown at best

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I kinda know how phone updates work. Samsung isn't the only party... the carriers are often the hold up on releases.

BTW... I did Google it. I didn't see a Samsung "promise" on a release date. Since I don't own a Note 3 nor do I plan to, I think I've expended as much energy as I should in the endeavor. I didn't make the claim. You did. I'm not sure how me working to prove you right is in my interest.

in edit: What I found in my Google search was that the 4.4.4 update for the Note 3 was released in mid November for ATT customers.

in edit 2: This is the first page of Bing's return on the search parameters you offered. I do not see an official Samsung link to the claim you make.
One of the websites that I trust for info is Sammobile.com

here you see that they mentioned Note 4 is getting 5.0 by the end of Nov or start of Dec. Now we are approaching Feb !!
Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 4 might get Android L in November/December | SamMobile

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site

And please don't tell me that I can't trust this website. Otherwise tell me how could they get all the built of lollipop to show people other than Samsung gave it to them.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site

The article says "might" and even goes on to say:

"Of course, with software updates it’s never a guarantee that these time frames will work out, so it would be best not to get your hopes too high"
Yes this is correct. But tell me how do they get samsung latest firmwares before it is released or even leaked?

Oh and samsung knows about it too but they didnt say anything or sue them!

If anything thats tells me the website basically reports whatever samsung tells them to report to the public.

Joe Nunya

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably JUNE for lollipop 5.1 for Samsung Note 4 for most carriers.
Samsung has deemed the 5.0-5.01-5.02 all to be too buggy and not worth updating to.
5.1 allegedly has most all these bugs ironed out and should be available for Google phones end of February and possibly start for other carriers maybe by April which means the carriers need to play with it for a month or two so probably sometime in JUNE.

Android 5.0 Lollipop Update: 5.1 Download Confirmed for February : News : Realty Today

Samsung might rollout Android 5.1 Lollipop to Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge - Android Standard

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably JUNE for lollipop 5.1 for Samsung Note 4 for most carriers.
Samsung has deemed the 5.0-5.01-5.02 all to be too buggy and not worth updating to.
5.1 allegedly has most all these bugs ironed out and should be available for Google phones end of February and possibly start for other carriers maybe by April which means the carriers need to play with it for a month or two so probably sometime in JUNE.

Android 5.0 Lollipop Update: 5.1 Download Confirmed for February : News : Realty Today

Samsung might rollout Android 5.1 Lollipop to Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge - Android Standard
Many websites say the delay was because of compatibility issue with Gear VR.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
best cell phone service provider

The vote is on.
I'm tired of Verizon's service or lack of it. They promise upgrades too XLTE yet so many areas suffer here.

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: best cell phone service provider

Just south of Indianapolis, Indiana, AT&T and Verizon are king. Sprint and Tmobile are terrible here.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

what a subjective question. All of them suck at times. Depending on where you live and how many towers they have installed any of them could be better than the other. As for customer service it's also a crap shoot. All of them have good and bad reps.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site

So I live in the Colorado high country about 25 miles from the ski resorts, they have all the good coverage. As it turns out At&T recently upgraded a cell tower on a mountain top 3 miles from my house, 4G coverage is awesome. In my situation there is only one choice. At&T all the way.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Verizon for me. I ride a motorcycle regularly in the north Georgia mountains and Verizon is the only one with good coverage.
From my friends I often get the "You should switch to ATT, Verizon sucks. Oh, and can I borrow you phone, mine doesn't work here.". What is up with people that do that?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

what a subjective question. All of them suck at times. Depending on where you live and how many towers they have installed any of them could be better than the other. As for customer service it's also a crap shoot. All of them have good and bad reps.

With all of above taken into consideration, I will say Tmobile is SUPER GOOD FOR ME..

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The vote is on.
I'm tired of Verizon's service or lack of it. They promise upgrades too XLTE yet so many areas suffer here.

Posted via the Android Central App
You should try different carriers then. Perhaps another carrier is better where you need service.

Speaking specifically for my situation, Verizon at my desk is fast. 30-70mbps usually. I work in a high rise amongst multiple high rises too, so there is a lot of load. My co worker on att gets no signal at my desk. Co worker on tmobile gets well into the single digits at my desk and at other parts of the office, tmobile service is very bad. I have heard a friend on tmobile say how at one spot, tmobile is fast, 50mbps, but other carriers are real sluggish. So there isn't a carrier that gets the best service everywhere

But overall in the USA, Verizon is the best at this time based on RootMetrics 2h 2014 report.

uploadfromtaptalk1423582093084.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423582099701.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423582105346.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423582114546.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423582120456.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I had to cancel AT&T a few years ago and go With T-Mobile. AT&T and Verizon could not manage to get me LTE at my house. Only T-Mobile can seem to do that so I have been with them for over two years now. I have not regretted going with them. They have been the best carrier here in Broomfield Colorado.

Speed wise, I could never get more than 4Mbps on Verizon and 1Mbps on AT&T. On my Note 4, I get nearly 50Mbps on T-Mobile. The above chart means nothing to me when my real world tests prove different. Of course everyone's experience will be different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma