08-09-2015 01:28 PM
327 123 ...
tools
    The phone itself.
    I hate the dialpad.
    I hate how the screen goes blank after a call and it takes too long to come back.
    I really am thinking of going back to iPhone.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-05-2014 01:00 AM
    Not to mention you can turn off the feature that shuts off the screen during a call... Some people would rather complain then just fix the problem
    Sharondippity likes this.
    01-05-2014 01:57 PM
    I hear ya all....but no need to be nasty. Truth is: the phone is awesome...I really enjoy Android and all the fun things BUT...iPhone call quality is way better. Yes I have tried everything including the call light option and calling customer service to try and tweak it. It still shuts off when I put it up to my head. Instead of being nasty maybe you could help me figure it out? The next iPhone will be bigger by the way and I might go back to the tried and true.

01-05-2014 04:12 PM
    The reason I left iPhone was because of iOS 7.....but that's about it,

01-05-2014 04:13 PM
    That's not true....I have tried to fix it so instead of being nasty just suggest a fix?

01-05-2014 04:14 PM
    Truth be told if iPhone was so horrible why does android add: wallpapers, themes, ringers and email programs that copy it?
    What I would miss from Android: live wallpapers, widgets, go SMS.
    I have to keep this phone until May so I'll make the best of it.

01-05-2014 04:19 PM
    I do have a Galaxy tab 3 8....awesome pad

01-05-2014 04:19 PM
    The phone itself.
    I hate the dialpad.
    I hate how the screen goes blank after a call and it takes too long to come back.
    I really am thinking of going back to iPhone.

Try blowing with a can of compressed air in the earpiece at the top of the phone, that's where the proximity sensor is. I did that and it worked for me. All you have to do is search the internet, there are a lot of people that complain about the phone staying dark after you take it away from your ear. That's how I found the fix for me. Hope that helps.
    01-05-2014 10:05 PM
    Keep the discussion civil and on-topic. If you don't care for the thread or a post, then just move on. I suggest that those participating here acquaint themselves with the forum rules.

Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    01-05-2014 10:46 PM
    A couple things you can try:
    open phone app> call settings > uncheck auto screen off during calls...this will stop the screen from turning off. (might solve your problem)

If you want to end the call quickly with out having to use the screen

system settings > accessibility > answering/ending calls > check the power button ends calls
    this will take the screen out of the equation on ending calls.

Not sure if these will help, but it is worth a try........good luck
    01-06-2014 10:56 AM
    The phone itself.
    i thought my phone was the only one that did that.

i liked the dial pad & setup better on my old HTC Thunderbolt. easier to call someone back if you had a missed call. JMO anyway...
    01-06-2014 01:56 PM
    Thanks folks. I traded it in for iPhone 5s. I'm very happy with it. For a larger screen experience I have my tab 3.

01-06-2014 02:53 PM
    The iPhone is certainly more predictable and has a more consistent user experience. I agree that call audio quality seems much better on iPhones, too. Except when they drop calls due to signal issues.

Android is more flexible and customizable, but that can come at a cost of usability, and the majority of users (the kind that do not frequent androidcentral.com) probably don't care. They want a sleek design, and a UI that is powerful, but easy to use. They want an iPhone.

I am curious why you think Apple is coming out with a larger screen? That's been rumored for years, but it hasn't come to fruition.. yet.
    01-06-2014 03:07 PM
    The iPhone is certainly more predictable and has a more consistent user experience. I agree that call audio quality seems much better on iPhones, too. Except when they drop calls due to signal issues.

Android is more flexible and customizable, but that can come at a cost of usability, and the majority of users (the kind that do not frequent androidcentral.com) probably don't care. They want a sleek design, and a UI that is powerful, but easy to use. They want an iPhone.

I am curious why you think Apple is coming out with a larger screen? That's been rumored for years, but it hasn't come to fruition.. yet.
    I would hate to have dropped calls. I have never ever have a dropped call with my note nor even my crappy bionic. I have never liked the sound quality of the Apple products such as the touch or the iPhone when playing music through the speaker . I can't speak to the sound quality of phone calls as I've never made a call through an iPhone
    01-07-2014 09:41 AM
    Thanks folks. I traded it in for iPhone 5s. I'm very happy with it. For a larger screen experience I have my tab 3.

Good for you. Peace.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    01-13-2014 05:41 PM
    I hear so many teasers. I'm also wondering if its buggy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-28-2014 01:26 PM
    Read the threads about it. Buggy? No, they'd have to get a lot of bugs fixed for it to be buggy. It's more like one huge insect. Almost every phone, from every manufacturer, has some bugs (different ones) on Lollipop. That says that the initial design (by Google) had problems.

You hope it's soon? I don't expect to be even thinking of updating until the summer. Maybe later. My Note 3 running on 4.4.2 is doing all I need it to do - with no bugs.
    dlgus, hdhuntr and troshs like this.
    12-28-2014 01:38 PM
    Yeah this note on kit Kat purrs...why change it.

12-28-2014 02:01 PM
    I believe this is in France...but... http://www.techtimes.com/articles/21...dule-leaks.htm

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    12-28-2014 02:46 PM
    I contacted Verizon and Samsung last night and both said they have no release date to keep checking back. UGH
    12-28-2014 02:51 PM
    Drum roll please...this could get annoying! Lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    jhnnyblze2000 likes this.
    12-28-2014 02:51 PM
    If you have one which one consumes less ram and battery?

12-28-2014 03:15 PM
    Honestly I personally don't need it lol. This phone works awesome. I always wanted the newest OS on my phone and was so excited to get them, like a kid on Christmas morning... Then I got it and was disappointed cause it always broke something in the phone. I also understand wanting the new OS on a Nexus device cause it always at least changed something but with Samsung putting touch wiz over it anyway I don't really see the point of the update cause it won't look like lollipop does for anyone else anyway. And the functionality won't change because of touchwiz
    12-28-2014 04:22 PM
    Honestly I personally don't need it lol. This phone works awesome.
    This. Just this. They'll fix one thing (like the slow initial camera focus issue and then break something else).

from the IV
    jhnnyblze2000 likes this.
    12-28-2014 04:26 PM
    Seems that Apple and Android both release OS before they are ready for prime time.

12-28-2014 04:33 PM
327 123 ...