Note 4 constant crashing - Google account?

skedealz

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Out of nowhere, my phone started restarting on its own with no explanation I can come up with other than it possibly using too many resources and then restarting. I've taken out the SD card and that fixed it for a couple hours. I did a system restore and that fixed it for a couple hours again. I was going to send it to Verizon to replace but I thought of trading phones with my mom to see if it was indeed the phone. Sure enough, my phone which my mom was now using was not crashing but the phone I'm now using which my was my mom's is crashing. I've taken out the SD, system restore, and deleted all the apps. It's still crashing (randomly rebooting). I noticed that it always does it at least once when I'm using the maps app. Also, on my original phone, I noticed that the area where the Sim card is gets hot but this one doesn't have that problem and it still restarts. Another thing is I've never dropped the phone... so I'm thinking it has something to do with my Gmail account but I'm not quite sure what it is. Tried booting into safe mode in both phones with all 3rd party apps Uninstalled and it still reboots. There was really nothing major done to my phone prior to this happening. It just began out of nowhere. I've been going through my apps to see if there's any people reporting the same problem but I haven't found anything.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Turn the phone off. With the phone off press and hold the volume and home button and the same time. While doing this turn the phone on. Some commands will come up. Use the volume key to scroll down to clear cache. Short press the on button.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If i read you correctly, your moms phone was fine before you stuck your gmail account on it? If this is correct I'd look for a rogue app in your batch of apps associated with your Gmail

Sent from my SM-P605

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol