01-03-2015 12:00 AM
83 1234
tools
    The 810 is supposed to be a lot bigger performance jump than the 800-805. The Note 3 can still do more than I need; until it stopped making calls after about a year.
    12-30-2014 11:21 AM
    I honestly don't care. I'm not rendering movies for DreamWorks on my cell phone. I'm not trying to replace my gaming laptop with a Note edge. I really don't get all the issues with lag and all that. I click an icon on my edge and the app loads. I watch you tube and surf the net, no lag at all. I navigate with Google maps and have my texting app open. If I need Facebook it's there, pandora, tune in, email, phone calls, texting. A faster processor? Really. I had the first Android phone back in 2008 and to be honest, that phone still does more now than I would have ever dreamed a "cell phone" would be able to do. I am done spending hundreds of dollars every 6 months on "the next big thing". The next phone i will buy is one that has laptop specs, note edge form factor and a slide out keyboard...maybe a built in printer and the ability to toast and butter my bread, lol but honestly they arw cell phones people. WE still need laptops and desktops, pens and paper, etc. I can understand that people want fast, but is that price tag worth the millisecond of wait time the 810 will shave off opening youtube?

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich (And i'd like to point out anything but a fad or gimmick !!) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Which has a Samsung Gear S and Samsung Gear Circle paired to it. ✒✒
    anon8380037 likes this.
    12-30-2014 11:32 AM
    I had the first Android phone back in 2004
    The first android phone came out in 2008, the HTC Dream (G1).
    12-30-2014 01:53 PM
    The way I figure it, and correct me if I'm wrong, should you be in the ideal location to get close to 450mps -
    then movies would run way too fast. You would have to load up on loads of espresso, concentrate real hard, and try to keep up! Subtitles would be out of the question.

You are all welcome.
    12-30-2014 02:11 PM
    That is what I mean. Typo on my part. I had the gray G1 on tmobile.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒
    12-30-2014 03:27 PM
    The way I figure it, and correct me if I'm wrong, should you be in the ideal location to get close to 450mps -
    then movies would run way too fast. You would have to load up on loads of espresso, concentrate real hard, and try to keep up! Subtitles would be out of the question.

You are all welcome.
    Well one 4k blu ray stream can use 128mbps,so it would be just 3 Blu ray 4k streams,which can be accomplished through hotspot.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-30-2014 04:21 PM
    I honestly don't care. I'm not rendering movies for DreamWorks on my cell phone. I'm not trying to replace my gaming laptop with a Note edge. I really don't get all the issues with lag and all that. I click an icon on my edge and the app loads. I watch you tube and surf the net, no lag at all. I navigate with Google maps and have my texting app open. If I need Facebook it's there, pandora, tune in, email, phone calls, texting. A faster processor? Really. I had the first Android phone back in 2008 and to be honest, that phone still does more now than I would have ever dreamed a "cell phone" would be able to do. I am done spending hundreds of dollars every 6 months on "the next big thing". The next phone i will buy is one that has laptop specs, note edge form factor and a slide out keyboard...maybe a built in printer and the ability to toast and butter my bread, lol but honestly they arw cell phones people. WE still need laptops and desktops, pens and paper, etc. I can understand that people want fast, but is that price tag worth the millisecond of wait time the 810 will shave off opening youtube?

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich (And i'd like to point out anything but a fad or gimmick !!) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Which has a Samsung Gear S and Samsung Gear Circle paired to it. ✒✒
    Putting aside the cpu, the tri band carrier aggregation is nothing to sneeze at. In areas of very high load, I have seen lte speeds come to a crawl, well under 1mbps. Being able to aggregate multiple 20mhz lte carriers can make a substantial difference under the right conditions. And while the S805 does support carrier aggregation, it only supports 2-10 MHz carriers. Verizon has both 10 MHz 700MHz lte and 20 MHz xlte deployed in my area. With the s810,that could change things, for carriers that have enough spectrum deployed

12-30-2014 04:27 PM
    Other than 64 bit capabilities the 810 is suppose to bring some camera enhancements as well. I kinda look forward to it but it Won't drop in us ....yet... http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/12/7...phones-tablets

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    12-30-2014 05:03 PM
    Well one 4k blu ray stream can use 128mbps,so it would be just 3 Blu ray 4k streams,which can be accomplished through hotspot.

Crumbs!
    In 5 years or less that capacity and speed may not be adequate for our needs by then.

When are they bringing out holographic sensurround smellovision?

(btw - I read that article yesterday and it doesn't mention 64 bit / sd810, but if that's the only cpu that can do it.... )

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-30-2014 06:00 PM
    Yes it was the G1 I had on TMobile at the time, a real eye opener to what you could then do with a phone other than just make calls and text....look where we are now
    12-30-2014 06:14 PM
    Well I have been stuck with the Galaxy Note 2 for almost 2 years. It would be 2 years, tomorrow. Yes, my contract ends on New Years Eve. Hurray! So many phones to choose this year.

-I could get the Note 4 tomorrow, no waits what-so-ever.
    But, I kinda don't want the Note 4 because I already had experience with it... So, yeah.

-Well, there IS a upcoming Note 4 (64 bit)
    I kinda don't want that one either because the phone would look almost exactly like the Note 4 (32 bit) And I need to wait.

-Galaxy S6? I want to get the S6!
    But I have to wait such a long time. Until March or April?

Get the Note 4 or wait for the Note 4 (64 bit) or S6?
    12-31-2014 12:10 AM
    Get the Note 4
    12-31-2014 12:21 AM
    So what if your mom has one. It's a very good phone. There is no indication that the updated Note 4 will leave South Korea. Finally the S6 will also be a good phone. If you want it their is no other choice but to wait, deal with it.
    12-31-2014 01:34 AM
    Get the Note 4.
    Simply killer device. I got my dad one, It doesn't make it less of a phone.
    Best phone I have ever owned. and that's coming from someone who really doesn't have a lot of love for samsung.
    Snake Griffin likes this.
    12-31-2014 01:45 AM
    Well I have been stuck with the Galaxy Note 2 for almost 2 years. It would be 2 years, tomorrow. Yes, my contract ends on New Years Eve. Hurray! So many phones to choose this year.

But, I kinda don't want the Note 4 because my mother has one... So, yeah.

I kinda don't want that one either because the phone would look almost exactly like the Note 4 (32 bit) And I need to wait.

LOL your mom has one? I have a Note edge and I know at least 999,999 people have one too. Should I not have gotten it because they did?

I have to say, "Because my mom had one, so yeah...." one of the worst and oddest arguments as to why not get a phone i have ever heard.

rabernet likes this.
    12-31-2014 03:17 AM
    If your so against the note 4 get note edge the g3 or nexus 6 or wait for the m9 or get a deal on a m8...lol jk that's the way I think I don't care what brand as long as I like it and internals are what I want.. the note 4 is a sick device and I am very happy with it but I could have saved money and got the g3 or m8 or note 3.. or waited for the nexus 6 or m9 lol... good luck with your choice I say note 4.

i hate big phones thats why i got a.. (phablet)
    12-31-2014 03:18 AM
    Get the Samsung instinct.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-31-2014 04:47 AM
    I recommend the Note 4 but there's a lot of choices if you decide you don't want the best because your mother has it. (??)

from the S5 💸
    monsieurms likes this.
    12-31-2014 06:18 AM
    I recommend the Note 4 but there's a lot of choices if you decide you don't want the best because your mother has it. (??)

from the S5 💸
    That's what I'm saying. Lol. I mean a valid argument would be size or whatever. I don't think mom having it is reason enough to not have the absolute best mobile experience money can buy. Then again that is just me.

12-31-2014 06:32 AM

But, I kinda don't want the Note 4 because my mother has one... So, yeah.

If the updated Note 4 is an option that would mean you are moving to Korea. That being the case, I would wait until I got there to decide on a phone. There may be even more options.
    makie and GalaxyOnyxWitch like this.
    12-31-2014 06:55 AM
    Jitterbug.
    Snake Griffin likes this.
    12-31-2014 07:00 AM
    Jitterbug.
    LMAO

12-31-2014 07:12 AM
    Jitterbug.
    Lol. That's just mean.

from the S5 💸
    12-31-2014 07:42 AM
    I had the same problem as yours and i decided to buy the note 4 last week.
    why? if you will keep waiting for new device you never gonna buy one Especially when every 6-7 months new devices are released to the market..
    i guess the S6 gonna ba with better camera and And slightly better processor But it will be very small differences not pay any attention to them Because the note 4 is an amazing device that will provide you with everything you need.
    So don't think twice and go to buy the note 4 and I'm sure you will not regret.
    12-31-2014 08:56 AM
    Wait for the $6 if you are already leaving that way. Probably easier to handle size wise and almost certainly 64 bit which could be nice. You have waited this long so ~3 months more is nothing.
    12-31-2014 09:06 AM
83 1234