01-03-2015 12:00 AM
83 1234
tools
    Yeah, because having a phone like Mom's would be so uncool!
    12-31-2014 09:08 AM
    Yeah, because having a phone like Mom's would be so uncool!
    ...it could possibly be a generation Z thing?

from the S5 ๐Ÿ’ธ
    rabernet likes this.
    12-31-2014 09:46 AM
    Crumbs!
    In 5 years or less that capacity and speed may not be adequate for our needs by then.

When are they bringing out holographic sensurround smellovision?

(btw - I read that article yesterday and it doesn't mention 64 bit / sd810, but if that's the only cpu that can do it.... )

Posted via the Android Central App
    Like I said before, if isn't just the top end, which might not matter to many, but it can make a difference in the low end where you are in a heavily congested area. I work in a high rise amongst multiple high rises so it makes a difference to me.

If you are always in an area of light load then sure, carrier aggregation won't really matter

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    anon8380037 likes this.
    12-31-2014 11:08 AM
    Wow this mom thing got really serious...

when I mean my mom has it, I mean that I played around with it and wasn't simply impressed. I want to try something else since I know how the Note 4 feels like.
    12-31-2014 11:49 AM

when I mean my mom has it, I mean that I played around with it and wasn't simply impressed. I want to try something else since I know how the Note 4 feels like.
    We look for any reason to pounce.

Are you exclusively looking at phablets or something as well?

from the IVโœ’
    12-31-2014 11:53 AM
    Wait for the S6 and note 5, if they doesn't impress you come back and ask if you should wait for S7 and hope your mom doesn't get the phone first.

12-31-2014 12:07 PM
    Get the note 4. The S6 is along time away and there will never be a 64 bit note 4 in the US. It is only for Korea and will never be available in the US.

Posted via the NOTE 4 or NEXUS 9
    12-31-2014 12:30 PM
    I understood that. More aggregating(?) is useful in a good or a poor area.
    I was making silly comments.
    12-31-2014 12:57 PM
    Well I have been stuck with the Galaxy Note 2 for almost 2 years. It would be 2 years, tomorrow. Yes, my contract ends on New Years Eve. Hurray! So many phones to choose this year.

-I could get the Note 4 tomorrow, no waits what-so-ever.
    But, I kinda don't want the Note 4 because I already had experience with it... So, yeah.

-Well, there IS a upcoming Note 4 (64 bit)
    I kinda don't want that one either because the phone would look almost exactly like the Note 4 (32 bit) And I need to wait.

-Galaxy S6? I want to get the S6!
    But I have to wait such a long time. Until March or April?

Get the Note 4 or wait for the Note 4 (64 bit) or S6?
    I hear ya. I have a Note 3 and have an opportunity to upgrade. I really do not want the Note 4 because it will feel like the Note 3. There really is no desire to upgrade it when I go in to pull the trigger. Then there is the Note Edge. It is a different device. Does it make me jump at the chance? No not really. I am growing tired of reconfiguring the phones each time i get a new one.

I did decide recently to try and go with a Pure Android Experience. I acquired the Moto X. Lasted for a couple of days and the battery life was not great. Decided to go back to the Note 3. The Droid Turbo was announced and I told myself that would be the phone. Then it came out and I heard about the Nexus 6. I was all over that one too.

Point is, sounds like your happy with the Note 2 and nothing is really compelling you to upgrade. When I upgraded to the Note 3, I was very certain that was going to be the phone of choice. I do not see the current devices to be all that much different than what I have nor motivating me to run out and get another. I hope that helps.
    12-31-2014 04:08 PM
    Right now so far as I know there is no advantage to a 64 bit OS because virtually all apps are 32 bit. I'm sure that will change in the future but by that time you'll be ready for another upgrade. Also the S Pen, to me that's reason enough by itself to get the N4.
    12-31-2014 04:13 PM
    Im an note 2 owner, but it on release day. Ive had a note 3 and 2 G3s and I keep coming back to the N2 and using it. Nothings came out thats really wowed me. Maybe the s6 if its still water proof, or wait for Ara.
    12-31-2014 04:54 PM
    I had forgotten the S5 was waterproof, if that's a big feature it would be a reason to wait for the S6 which most likely will also be waterproof.
    12-31-2014 05:03 PM
    Well I have been stuck with the Galaxy Note 2 for almost 2 years. It would be 2 years, tomorrow. Yes, my contract ends on New Years Eve. Hurray! So many phones to choose this year.

-I could get the Note 4 tomorrow, no waits what-so-ever.
    But, I kinda don't want the Note 4 because I already had experience with it... So, yeah.

-Well, there IS a upcoming Note 4 (64 bit)
    I kinda don't want that one either because the phone would look almost exactly like the Note 4 (32 bit) And I need to wait.

-Galaxy S6? I want to get the S6!
    But I have to wait such a long time. Until March or April?

Get the Note 4 or wait for the Note 4 (64 bit) or S6?
    If you're happy with your Note 2 for now, and can hold off long enough, wait for the Note 5 or S6, both will probably be 64 bit, and shouldn't be too far apart when released. It seems like you don't want to get the current version of the Note 4, anyway. Make your decision and live with it.
    12-31-2014 05:33 PM
    Get the note 4. The S6 is along time away and there will never be a 64 bit note 4 in the US. It is only for Korea and will never be available in the US.

Posted via the NOTE 4 or NEXUS 9
    Possibly very valid point.
    12-31-2014 05:39 PM
    First let me say, the new model doesn't make me LOVE my current Note 4 any less.
    Best device ever, for me. But.....

I am a little pissed off because I like to get a Flagship, keep it for 3-6 months, sell it and buy whatever is tempting me at the time.
    So here it is after 1 month of owning it, when I go to sell it in a couple/three months, people will be like "is it the slow one, or the fast one"

Sadly, that's all people will know about it. There's a faster one out. Making my Note 4 Less valuable when I go to sell it....
    Resale value will drop by at least $100 because it's not the "fast" one.

I have not been samsungs biggest fan, everything prior to the Note 4, for me, has been a lag machine. (didn't bother trying S5 after having a few other samsung phones)
    It makes me not want to even bother with the new S6 because within 90 days of release, they will make a newer, better, faster model making the slow, old one, less valuable.

Not sure how others feel about this, but I'm not too happy about it. My Note 4 is a beast and plenty fast and I still love it, but I am pissed that my phone value just dropped by $100 and it is 29 days old....

12-31-2014 09:24 PM
    ^^^ If you can't buy it outside of Korea what difference does it make? Its like saying my Focus ST will lose value because they make the 300 bhp Focus RS overseas that I can't buy. ๐Ÿ˜’
    01-01-2015 11:27 AM
    I am on Verizon with the legacy unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE data plan with official unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot, so I can definitely take advantage of it.

But besides the maximum speed, carrier aggregation will help in areas where towers have high load, aggregating carriers to get better speeds. Currently, in some high load areas during peak times, speeds have slowed to a crawl.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    This phone will be useless on Verizon for the fact they haven't set up LTE Advanced yet on there network which is required for carrier aggregation. Currently there are only 2 carriers in the U.S. set to start carrier aggregation. AT&T and Sprint. Without it the phone will be just like the current Note 4.
    01-01-2015 12:46 PM
    This phone will be useless on Verizon for the fact they haven't set up LTE Advanced yet on there network which is required for carrier aggregation. Currently there are only 2 carriers in the U.S. set to start carrier aggregation. AT&T and Sprint. Without it the phone will be just like the current Note 4.
    Currently you are correct however by mid 2015, Verizon plans to implement carrier aggregation for 20+20mhz xlte and 10+10mhz 700MHz. I don't see any phone on the horizon between now and mid year that I am interested in, so if it came to Verizon then I would most certainly consider it. Of course it would be close to the note 5 and nexus 7(?) phone release so I might wait for that but, depending on how deteriorated Verizon service is, I might get it. Even now, Verizon's xlte network is showing signs of strain. There were a few "network communication issues" messages too.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    01-02-2015 01:26 AM
    The only time I've seen any lag on my Note 4 whatsoever is clicking on a new photo from the camera app, and occasional lag when clicking the multi window button.

01-02-2015 09:38 AM
    The only time I've seen any lag on my Note 4 whatsoever is clicking on a new photo from the camera app, and occasional lag when clicking the multi window button.

Same thing here.
    01-02-2015 11:13 AM
    Lag? My Note 4 doesn't know what lag is.

from the IVโœ’
    01-02-2015 01:05 PM
    Hi Guys,

Has there been any updates to this over the last couple months? I'm looking to buy a Note 4 factory unlocked to use here on At&t's LTE towers in the US. I contacted the ebay seller and he was saying there is a difference between Korean LTE and US LTE towers that may cause an issue. I want to confirm this, because I'm not sure if this is correct, If I have a SIM card with At&t here in the US why wouldn't I be able to use the US towers regardless if they are as fast as the Korean towers, I understand I'm at the mercy of US LTE towers, I just want to make sure I can make calls and text and use the phone like it was purchased here.

Thanks in advance
    01-02-2015 02:51 PM

Well if the most powerful phone available in the US does not impress you I don't know what to tell ya. I have a Note edge and it is the best device I've ever had.

The 64 bit note 4 won't be in the US. Just not gonna happen. The s6, I mean if you don't care about the s pen, wait. Simple

Again, if the note 4 does not impress you, no phone will. Buy a flip phone, a tablet, a great camera and carry a note book and pencil.

โœ’โœ’ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.โœ’โœ’
    anon8380037 and rabernet like this.
    01-02-2015 04:14 PM
    ... if the note 4 does not impress you, no phone will. Buy a flip phone, a tablet, a great camera and carry a note book and pencil.
    Really can't argue with that!

from the IVโœ’
    anon8380037 and rabernet like this.
    01-02-2015 04:17 PM
    Looking forward to the release of the Note Book with Pencil.
    (any how to videos yet?)

01-02-2015 04:38 PM
83 1234