New Note 4 with Snapdragon 810 64 bit and LTE Cat 9 (up to 450mbps down)

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Get the Galaxy Note 4 or wait for the Note 4 (64 bit) or the Galaxy S6?

Im an note 2 owner, but it on release day. Ive had a note 3 and 2 G3s and I keep coming back to the N2 and using it. Nothings came out thats really wowed me. Maybe the s6 if its still water proof, or wait for Ara.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I had forgotten the S5 was waterproof, if that's a big feature it would be a reason to wait for the S6 which most likely will also be waterproof.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Well I have been stuck with the Galaxy Note 2 for almost 2 years. It would be 2 years, tomorrow. Yes, my contract ends on New Years Eve. Hurray! So many phones to choose this year.

-I could get the Note 4 tomorrow, no waits what-so-ever.
But, I kinda don't want the Note 4 because I already had experience with it... So, yeah.

-Well, there IS a upcoming Note 4 (64 bit)
I kinda don't want that one either because the phone would look almost exactly like the Note 4 (32 bit) And I need to wait.

-Galaxy S6? I want to get the S6!
But I have to wait such a long time. Until March or April?

Get the Note 4 or wait for the Note 4 (64 bit) or S6?

If you're happy with your Note 2 for now, and can hold off long enough, wait for the Note 5 or S6, both will probably be 64 bit, and shouldn't be too far apart when released. It seems like you don't want to get the current version of the Note 4, anyway. Make your decision and live with it.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Get the note 4. The S6 is along time away and there will never be a 64 bit note 4 in the US. It is only for Korea and will never be available in the US.

Posted via the NOTE 4 or NEXUS 9

Possibly very valid point.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
How do current Note 4 owners feel about samsung releasing a faster version?

First let me say, the new model doesn't make me LOVE my current Note 4 any less.
Best device ever, for me. But.....

I am a little pissed off because I like to get a Flagship, keep it for 3-6 months, sell it and buy whatever is tempting me at the time.
So here it is after 1 month of owning it, when I go to sell it in a couple/three months, people will be like "is it the slow one, or the fast one"

Sadly, that's all people will know about it. There's a faster one out. Making my Note 4 Less valuable when I go to sell it....
Resale value will drop by at least $100 because it's not the "fast" one.

I have not been samsungs biggest fan, everything prior to the Note 4, for me, has been a lag machine. (didn't bother trying S5 after having a few other samsung phones)
It makes me not want to even bother with the new S6 because within 90 days of release, they will make a newer, better, faster model making the slow, old one, less valuable.

Not sure how others feel about this, but I'm not too happy about it. My Note 4 is a beast and plenty fast and I still love it, but I am pissed that my phone value just dropped by $100 and it is 29 days old....

:(

Rally Android

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
^^^ If you can't buy it outside of Korea what difference does it make? Its like saying my Focus ST will lose value because they make the 300 bhp Focus RS overseas that I can't buy. 😒

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon with the legacy unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE data plan with official unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot, so I can definitely take advantage of it.

But besides the maximum speed, carrier aggregation will help in areas where towers have high load, aggregating carriers to get better speeds. Currently, in some high load areas during peak times, speeds have slowed to a crawl.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
This phone will be useless on Verizon for the fact they haven't set up LTE Advanced yet on there network which is required for carrier aggregation. Currently there are only 2 carriers in the U.S. set to start carrier aggregation. AT&T and Sprint. Without it the phone will be just like the current Note 4.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This phone will be useless on Verizon for the fact they haven't set up LTE Advanced yet on there network which is required for carrier aggregation. Currently there are only 2 carriers in the U.S. set to start carrier aggregation. AT&T and Sprint. Without it the phone will be just like the current Note 4.
Currently you are correct however by mid 2015, Verizon plans to implement carrier aggregation for 20+20mhz xlte and 10+10mhz 700MHz. I don't see any phone on the horizon between now and mid year that I am interested in, so if it came to Verizon then I would most certainly consider it. Of course it would be close to the note 5 and nexus 7(?) phone release so I might wait for that but, depending on how deteriorated Verizon service is, I might get it. Even now, Verizon's xlte network is showing signs of strain. There were a few "network communication issues" messages too.

686c0506c4cf69c5b1802c804f96c8d2.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

ShadoWolf_TA

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The only time I've seen any lag on my Note 4 whatsoever is clicking on a new photo from the camera app, and occasional lag when clicking the multi window button.

Posted via the Android Central App

abice

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Korean Note 4 - Will it work in US on AT&T?

Hi Guys,

Has there been any updates to this over the last couple months? I'm looking to buy a Note 4 factory unlocked to use here on At&t's LTE towers in the US. I contacted the ebay seller and he was saying there is a difference between Korean LTE and US LTE towers that may cause an issue. I want to confirm this, because I'm not sure if this is correct, If I have a SIM card with At&t here in the US why wouldn't I be able to use the US towers regardless if they are as fast as the Korean towers, I understand I'm at the mercy of US LTE towers, I just want to make sure I can make calls and text and use the phone like it was purchased here.

Thanks in advance

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Wow this mom thing got really serious...

when I mean my mom has it, I mean that I played around with it and wasn't simply impressed. I want to try something else since I know how the Note 4 feels like.

Well if the most powerful phone available in the US does not impress you I don't know what to tell ya. I have a Note edge and it is the best device I've ever had.

The 64 bit note 4 won't be in the US. Just not gonna happen. The s6, I mean if you don't care about the s pen, wait. Simple

Again, if the note 4 does not impress you, no phone will. Buy a flip phone, a tablet, a great camera and carry a note book and pencil.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Well if the most powerful phone available in the US does not impress you I don't know what to tell ya. I have a Note edge and it is the best device I've ever had.

The 64 bit note 4 won't be in the US. Just not gonna happen. The s6, I mean if you don't care about the s pen, wait. Simple

Again, if the note 4 does not impress you, no phone will. Buy a flip phone, a tablet, a great camera and carry a note book and pencil.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒

He simply could have a difference of opinion. What impresses you ... doesn't impress him. Simple as that. No need to belittle him and tell him to get a flip phone / note book & pencil. :).

abice

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

does the fact that Samsung releases these phones in South Korea mean that us in the US can not use them? I ask the question because I want the octa-core version which like this new Note 4 is released in SK, I am seeing many being sold on ebay from Korean sellers. If these phones are purchased unlocked is it possible to use here with a SIM based carrier like At&t? I talked with a customer service rep at At&t today and said that if it is unlocked it should be fine, we obviously don't have the speed of Korean towers here in the US but the phone would work according to the speed of the US towers. Can anyone confirm that even though a phone is from Korean that it won't work here in the US based on the fact that the LTE towers are different?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The new version of the note 4 does not have the snapdragon 810 processor...Samsung only upgraded the modem and left it with the same exynos 64 bit processor......

abice

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

I have done some research and based off what the Korean seller is telling me, the HSPA+ network would be compatible with this phone because the US LTE and the Korean LTE networks are different. So with that being said, I would be using the highest 3G network or 4G, but I would not be able to use the 4G+ network which is the new LTE network that US carriers have been rolling out. I think that S Korea is ahead of our LTE networks and their Samsung phones are created for the more advanced LTE network, I think it was said before where it was the 1900 vs the 1800. I just wonder if it is noticeable, also I would think that if the US LTE networks are the beginning foundation for new mobile networks having a phone that can reach its highest speed potential on older US networks might not be a good idea. I just wonder how people are doing it today, how are they using true Samsung phones in the US today....