OK, so I made the mistake of going into Settings > Sounds and selecting a global notification sound, just for kicks. But now I've decided I don't really want to have a notification sounding - no snaps, pops or farts during the normal workday with my phone.

Unfortunately, I can find no way to select "none" for the notification sound, only the option to select which sound file the phone will use. (In my old Note 2, OS 4.2, there was a checkbox available to denote whether one wanted any sound with notifications.) Any help?
    12-29-2014 10:29 AM
    OK, so I made the mistake of going into Settings > Sounds and selecting a global notification sound, just for kicks. But now I've decided I don't really want to have a notification sounding - no snaps, pops or farts during the normal workday with my phone.

Unfortunately, I can find no way to select "none" for the notification sound, only the option to select which sound file the phone will use. (In my old Note 2, OS 4.2, there was a checkbox available to denote whether one wanted any sound with notifications.) Any help?
    On my at&t Note 4: Settings>Sound>Notifications. I scroll all the way up to the top and the first option is "Silent".

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!
    12-29-2014 10:36 AM
    I just go into settings➡sounds➡notifications➡silent or settings ➡sounds➡volume and lower the volume all the way down until you see the no sound icon. I hope this helps... Thanks
    12-29-2014 10:39 AM
    On my at&t Note 4: Settings>Sound>Notifications. I scroll all the way up to the top and the first option is "Silent".
    On my Verizon model, when I enter Settings > Sounds > Notifications, what pops up is File Manager to allow me to select the sound file. There is no "Silent" option that I can find.
    12-29-2014 10:42 AM
    Just figured out my problem - I uninstalled File Manager HD, and now the option to select silent once again appears.

Maybe this will help someone else in the future.
    12-29-2014 10:46 AM
    On my Verizon model, when I enter Settings > Sounds > Notifications, what pops up is File Manager to allow me to select the sound file. There is no "Silent" option that I can find.
    It's the very first option on the list... You have to scroll up the list to find "silent" on my VZW model.
    12-29-2014 10:49 AM
    It's the very first option on the list... You have to scroll up the list to find "silent" on my VZW model.
    Yes; as my previous post noted, with File Manager HD loaded, the next menu that appears is not a list, but rather the file manager menu that allows one to look for the desired audio file. I needed to uninstall that app in order for the scrolling list to appear.
    12-29-2014 10:58 AM