I have a maxx, I like it, but I keep looking at the note 4. It has everything I want once I add the wireless charging back. I am a cable guy and stream podcasts on bluetooth most of the day while driving. Will the N4 make it all day or will I need to charge it?

The turbo is a nice improvement over the maxx, but it just does NOTHING for me. The note looks amazing and I think it could let me keep my tablet at hone and just read on the n4. Plus being able to swap batteries is a feature I miss.

So, how is it coming from the maxx battery monster?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    12-29-2014 12:24 PM
    I have a maxx, I like it, but I keep looking at the note 4. It has everything I want once I add the wireless charging back. I am a cable guy and stream podcasts on bluetooth most of the day while driving. Will the N4 make it all day or will I need to charge it?

The turbo is a nice improvement over the maxx, but it just does NOTHING for me. The note looks amazing and I think it could let me keep my tablet at hone and just read on the n4. Plus being able to swap batteries is a feature I miss.

So, how is it coming from the maxx battery monster?

I just made that exact switch, and I have been impressed with the battery life so far. I won't really know how the battery compares until I get back into my regular routine.

After a few days of ownership, these are my quick thoughts.
    +Screen (size, resolution, color)
    +Camera (still and video)
    +Nice selection of accessories
    +Fingerprint scanner (I use LastPass and this is VERY useful)
    +Multi window is cool, pen is cool. Time will tell how much I use them

-No Active Display (I really miss the screen not working when I pick it up)
    -Touch wiz -- not as bad as I feared, but still a slight negative compared to 'stock' moto
    -No wireless charging (S-view wireless charging cover on the way)
    Speccers likes this.
    12-29-2014 02:01 PM
    I just made that exact switch, and I have been impressed with the battery life so far. I won't really know how the battery compares until I get back into my regular routine.

After a few days of ownership, these are my quick thoughts.
    +Screen (size, resolution, color)
    +Camera (still and video)
    +Nice selection of accessories
    +Fingerprint scanner (I use LastPass and this is VERY useful)
    +Multi window is cool, pen is cool. Time will tell how much I use them

-No Active Display (I really miss the screen not working when I pick it up)
    -Touch wiz -- not as bad as I feared, but still a slight negative compared to 'stock' moto
    -No wireless charging (S-view wireless charging cover on the way)
    I am not worried about active display, I have it disabled, as I get my notifications on my pebble steel.
    Wireless charging is a big one, although most cases don't fit, but I am not much of a case fan anyway.
    TW I can live with, especially as I hate the stock lollipop experience on my nexus and I am afraid moto won't improve it enough...

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-29-2014 02:19 PM
    Use nova launcher. Then you can have the same launcher for any android phone you get
    Speccers likes this.
    12-29-2014 02:55 PM
    Use nova launcher. Then you can have the same launcher for any android phone you get
    I vastly prefer the Google Launcher, and that is what I have active right now. I will have to see how it behaves with the S-view case when it gets here.
    Speccers likes this.
    12-29-2014 03:12 PM
    I am not worried about active display, I have it disabled, as I get my notifications on my pebble steel.
    Wireless charging is a big one, although most cases don't fit, but I am not much of a case fan anyway.
    TW I can live with, especially as I hate the stock lollipop experience on my nexus and I am afraid moto won't improve it enough...

Thanks for the input.

Sounds like you are in good shape and will really enjoy the Note. I should have said, overall I am really happy with my decision. I would not get the Turbo, but would have considered the N6 if it were available on VZW. As it stand right now, pocketability is big for me, and the Note 4 is right on the edge of being too big without crossing over.
    Speccers likes this.
    12-29-2014 03:15 PM
    The battery life on my Note 4 easily gets 5 hours of screen on time.

My phone comes off the charger between 6 or 7am. I can easily last till 5 to 6pm with 20% battery remaining.

I'm involved in property management and use my phone quite a bit. I use the SPen for numerous notes, making dozens of phone calls and browsing the web.
    Speccers likes this.
    12-29-2014 03:18 PM
    I vastly prefer the Google Launcher, and that is what I have active right now. I will have to see how it behaves with the S-view case when it gets here.
    I was just reading, nice to see if I go google now launcher I won't lose s-pen functionality. Makes me leas worried about that. I was playing with the wifes n4 today and set up the smart remote app, i used to have that back on my bb, could be useful as a cable guy.

SteelGator likes this.
    12-29-2014 03:26 PM
    Sounds like you are in good shape and will really enjoy the Note. I should have said, overall I am really happy with my decision. I would not get the Turbo, but would have considered the N6 if it were available on VZW. As it stand right now, pocketability is big for me, and the Note 4 is right on the edge of being too big without crossing over.
    I wanted a smaller phone last upgrade, got the maxx which was basically the same size as my galaxy nexus, there's nothing smaller, turbo is bigger, and if I am going bigger I figure I may as well go all in and try the note. I really like my maxx for the most part, the turbo just doesn't do it for me.

SteelGator likes this.
    12-29-2014 03:48 PM