Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SwiftKey keyboard lag

MunichMen

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys has anyone have stuttering problems when texting? I had similar problem with my S3. Could it be malware or something? I currently use all in one tool box to clean, it helps but problem eventually comes back.

Posted via the Android Central App

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: SwiftKey keyboard lag

I haven't noticed it. I use GoSMS for my messaging app - not sure if the stutter you are experiencing is from Swiftkey or the messaging app?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Are you using the stock app to text? Or another one? I use a 3rd party (ChompSMS) with SwiftKey and don't have an issue.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, get rid of this toolbox or whatever it is. Swifkey can stutter sometimes, this would happen on my Nexus 7 or Moto X occasionally as well. There are things you can do to make your Note 4 run a bit quicker and might help with this lag you've got as well. Search around the forum.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

The only problem I ever notice with swiftkey is there may be a small lag when the keyboard first pops up. After that it is good to go.

ehstaley

May 8, 2011
Visit site

A few weeks ago, I had such an issue with lag, I reverted to the Samsung keyboard. It occurred using Swiftkey in any app, but specifically Textra. I read a post somewhere suggesting an uninstall and re-install due to issues starting after an update. Regardless, I hope you find a solution to your problem.

MunichMen

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

I currently use the stock messaging app. I was using Google texting app, but the mms used to take way to long to load. My phone is not rooted btw.

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

I had the same problem with SwiftKey and pretty much any app with text input. It's disappointing because SwiftKey is a great keyboard but it makes for a poor user experience.

I ended up going back to the stock Samsung keyboard app and have been very happy with it. The stutter and lag I had when hitting the home key with SwiftKey open is completely gone and I don't get stuttering when entering text either.

Try it - I find it a lot better than the stock keyboard that was on my Samsung Galaxy S3.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I have absolutely no lag using SwiftKey and Nova Launcher with stock messaging app.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Are you using Swiftkey, as the thread title indicates? There have been recent updates to fix lag, and I think performance is far better than what it has previously been in the past. Try uninstalling the app, then reinstall and see how it works.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site

I'm using SwiftKey with Textra and Nova Prime and I haven't noticed any issues. I've also never used any sort of "toolbox" or "cleaner."

ahsinat

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

swiftkey on my galaxy exhilarate was attrocious & made for one of the worst experiences in keyboards.. lol.. but that phone was old & i believe i was pushing it to its limits.. bc swiftkey ran fine & smoothly on my htc. i actually dont think i experienced any lag.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site

Yes, note 4 and swift key. Noticeable lag. Not always, but more times than not. This is just since the last update. I use hangouts, was using stock messaging then swapped to just about every one out there. Hangouts gives me the least lagging spots..

Carved in place by my Note 4.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

On my Galaxy S3 with KitKat, I thought Swiftkey was an over-rated bad performer. But on a Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.01, Swiftkey is smooth and fast, nearly perfect.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

There's something conflicting between Samsung's TouchWiz and SwiftKey. I had the exact same issue with stutter and texting but ever since I rooted and changed the ROM (still a TW based one but less bloated) the stutter is gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12