So I bought my Note 4 (Tmo) a few days ago. I have noticed that randomly and sporadically that it just gives off a notification tone with nothing in the status bar. I would really like to avoid a factory reset as I just set it up with all my widgets and folders to where I want them. I don't know exactly when it started because I was still sort of getting the hang of the phone and all its noises.

Things I have tried:
    -I restarted the phone
    -uninstalled some recent apps and still heard the noise.
    -Checked all my accounts (emails/ Samsung/ and Facebook) and all notifications are different than my default.
    -changed the default notification noise. Whichever I change it to the phantom noise is the same (which makes me think its an app)
    -Downloaded a notification manager and nothing shows in the log immediately after I hear the noise.
    -The noise has occurred when the screen is on or off its totally random.

-The only social network I use is FB not twitter instagram or snapchat.
    -The FB messenger app noises are disabled.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please help me with this annoying noise. It just happened again 2 seconds ago.
    12-29-2014 09:52 PM
    If you have s health running ir will notify you after 1 hour of inactivity per the step counter. This will not necessarily show in notifications all the time.
    12-30-2014 10:49 AM
    I was having an issue similar to what you're describing and for me I found I had notification reminder active. Go into setting and scroll down to accessibility and tap on notification reminder. I didn't realized I had this turned on. When ever I had a notification in the display I would just clear the notification bar, but I would still be reminded. Maybe it helps.
    12-30-2014 12:03 PM
    I am having the same problem with my Note Edge. I am getting a 5 tone notification sound with no message or icon. It is driving me crazy.
    02-17-2015 07:25 AM
    Regarding the Note Edge, have you recently played one of the panel games? I did once and forgot to quit and it kept playing sounds randomly. Drove me nuts!
    02-17-2015 10:31 AM
    So I bought my Note 4 (Tmo) a few days ago. I have noticed that randomly and sporadically that it just gives off a notification tone with nothing in the status bar. I would really like to avoid a factory reset as I just set it up with all my widgets and folders to where I want them. I don't know exactly when it started because I was still sort of getting the hang of the phone and all its noises.

Things I have tried:
    -I restarted the phone
    -uninstalled some recent apps and still heard the noise.
    -Checked all my accounts (emails/ Samsung/ and Facebook) and all notifications are different than my default.
    -changed the default notification noise. Whichever I change it to the phantom noise is the same (which makes me think its an app)
    -Downloaded a notification manager and nothing shows in the log immediately after I hear the noise.
    -The noise has occurred when the screen is on or off its totally random.

-The only social network I use is FB not twitter instagram or snapchat.
    -The FB messenger app noises are disabled.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please help me with this annoying noise. It just happened again 2 seconds ago.
    I had this problem as well, and I've found that sometimes it's the pen that makes this noise. Meaning that if you have the pen disconnected from the phone for long periods of time or if you walk away from the pen (10 feet away?) with the phone, it will alert you without leaving a notification.
    09-08-2015 03:09 AM
    I was having an issue similar to what you're describing and for me I found I had notification reminder active. Go into setting and scroll down to accessibility and tap on notification reminder. I didn't realized I had this turned on. When ever I had a notification in the display I would just clear the notification bar, but I would still be reminded. Maybe it helps.
    You my friend are a life saver.....If I could I would buy a drink....
    06-23-2016 11:43 AM